+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    OK, I have a bug up my butt about a few posts a couple pages back that said the plane broke in two. The plane clearly broke in 3. The nose landed in the jungle, the fuselage landed on the beach, and the tail landed in the water. Only the pilot survived the nose section crash, and his survival was short-lived. I believe there were 48 survivors of the fuselage section. (49 if you count the guy who got sucked into the engine moments later.) Then we lost the Marshal, Joanna, Boone, Scott, Arzt & Shannon. But we gained baby Aaron. That leaves us with 43 on the beach. (42 if Walt turns out to be dead.) Plus there were 23 from the tail, but The Others appear to have whittled that number down to 4: Eko, Ana-Lucia, Libby & Bernard. Although I'll bet those 2 kids are still alive as well. (Emma & Zack.)
    I stand corrected. Sitting on a "donut" might help relieve that bug problem.

As my pennance, I re-read the transcript from the first episode: Charlie stashed his drugs in the first-class bathroom, then ran to a seat and strapped himself in. Was he in first-class or coach for the crash? Shannon and Boone were in the rear of first-class and ended up with the mid-section survivors. I don't know if that matters or not.

By the way, it states that the pilot's face was peeled off. Hmmmmm

I'm not so sure the Others killed the any of the ones they took during their second raid.
    Goodwin said Nathan wasn't on "the list" because he wasn't a good person, leaving me to assume the ones on the list were good . Whether that means good people or good for their purposes remains to be seen, but we may find out a little more about that in a few weeks (pleaseohplease).

As for the tailgater's headcount, we had 23 survive. Minus four who died on the beach (Donald with the broken leg was #4) = 19. Minus Goodwin and Nathan killed = 17. Minus our four survivors = 13 missing: the nine on the list plus the three men taken on day two (the "threats", probably dead?) plus Cindy.

My head hurts.

PS: Getreal - good ones!
    Last edited by cricketeen; 01-04-2006 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Because Getreal has been making me laugh
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Okay. I have an Ekko theory. The drug plane that Boone and Locke found in Season 1. They said that there appeared to be priests flying the plane (Hence the Virgin Mary statues). They only found one body. A skeleton. That pilot could've been killed by the monster. Ekko could've been on the plane with the boxes of statues. When the plane crashed, Ekko manages to get out of the plane and he sees the other pilot but can't free him. The monster kills the other pilot and Ekko escapes. He hears Locke and Boone coming so he takes off thinking that it's the thing that killed the other pilot is coming back for him. He runs into the tailees and immediately convinces them that he's one of them with the plan that he'll go back to the crashed plane later to retrieve the drugs.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Hmm, another weird appearance:
    Harold Perrineau Jr., who we all know as Michael, appeared on the season 1 finale of Dead Like Me. The show itself is a little complicated to explain, but when Harold's character was 'leaving', he said to one of the actors, "Namaste". Odd because that is what Marvin Candle said in the Orientation video.

LG.
    there were 4 chunks that we already know about. Remember on Season One when Sawyer and Kate were swimming in a pond and they found a chunk of the plane at the bottom of the lake with a bunch of passengers still belted in the seats? That was another section of the fuseluge, probably closer to the nose of the plane that "our" group was, as they were further inland on the island.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Malcolm David Kelly was on an episode of CSI last night (I think that was the show) I didn't watch it, though.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    IAs for the tailgater's headcount, we had 23 survive. Minus four who died on the beach (Donald with the broken leg was #4) = 19. Minus Goodwin and Nathan killed = 17. Minus our four survivors = 13 missing: the nine on the list plus the three men taken on day two (the "threats", probably dead?) plus Cindy.
    If we're tallying the survivors of flight #815 we probably shouldn't include Goodwin, since he wasn't on the plane. That's why I didn't count Ethan.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    there were 4 chunks that we already know about. Remember on Season One when Sawyer and Kate were swimming in a pond and they found a chunk of the plane at the bottom of the lake with a bunch of passengers still belted in the seats? That was another section of the fuseluge, probably closer to the nose of the plane that "our" group was, as they were further inland on the island.

That wasn't really a chunk of plane, it was two passengers strapped in their seats.

Oh - QBOOTS - I am assuming that Libby (who quoted 23 survivors) was including Goodwin.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Malcolm David Kelly was on an episode of CSI last night (I think that was the show) I didn't watch it, though.
    Yeah, it was the one with Horatio as the lead CSI, the Miami one I think. I watched him. He was a good actor in that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    Oh - QBOOTS - I am assuming that Libby (who quoted 23 survivors) was including Goodwin.
    Yeah, it's hard to say. 23 may have been the original count, or they may have revised it when they realized Goodwin was an Other.

I'm pretty sure Ethan wasn't included in the 48, since it was the very first episode when Jack told the pilot there were at least 48 survivors, and we didn't see Ethan until episode 9, at which point the flight manifest was off by one name.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Yeah, it's hard to say. 23 may have been the original count, or they may have revised it when they realized Goodwin was an Other.

I'm pretty sure Ethan wasn't included in the 48, since it was the very first episode when Jack told the pilot there were at least 48 survivors, and we didn't see Ethan until episode 9, at which point the flight manifest was off by one name.

I think you're right about Ethan.
    I have been re-reading the transcripts on the episode when AL kills Goodwin and she never tells the group what happened in the jungle, but in a later episode, she gives the impression that Eko knows. But I think Libby has on her psychologist hat and, while grateful for her survival skills, feels that AL is a bit paranoid and could have been wrong about Goodwin (provided she knows what happened). She says at one point that AL is not the best judge of character. (Good Lord, I am going on as if they are real people!)

Or maybe it's just a mistake on the writer's part and we are scrutinizing this toooooo much

+ Reply to Thread