+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Q. You've taken your share of lumps from the tabloids over the years.

A. I've had it since I was first getting known in England, about 1992 or 1993, just because I had a relationship with my teacher, who was 15 years older than me. As far as I'm concerned, that's normal in Europe, for people to have relationships with older women.
    Well, dayum. I guess this older woman has been living on the wrong continent.

OK, I have a bug up my butt about a few posts a couple pages back that said the plane broke in two. The plane clearly broke in 3. The nose landed in the jungle, the fuselage landed on the beach, and the tail landed in the water. Only the pilot survived the nose section crash, and his survival was short-lived. I believe there were 48 survivors of the fuselage section. (49 if you count the guy who got sucked into the engine moments later.) Then we lost the Marshal, Joanna, Boone, Scott, Arzt & Shannon. But we gained baby Aaron. That leaves us with 43 on the beach. (42 if Walt turns out to be dead.) Plus there were 23 from the tail, but The Others appear to have whittled that number down to 4: Eko, Ana-Lucia, Libby & Bernard. Although I'll bet those 2 kids are still alive as well. (Emma & Zack.)

The Naveen Andrews movie "The Ten Commandments" will be airing on ABC sometime in the spring. And Malcolm David Kelly (Walt) can be seen tonight, guest-starring on Law & Order SVU.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Well, dayum. I guess this older woman has been living on the wrong continent.

OK, I have a bug up my butt about a few posts a couple pages back that said the plane broke in two. The plane clearly broke in 3. The nose landed in the jungle, the fuselage landed on the beach, and the tail landed in the water. Only the pilot survived the nose section crash, and his survival was short-lived. I believe there were 48 survivors of the fuselage section. (49 if you count the guy who got sucked into the engine moments later.) Then we lost the Marshal, Joanna, Boone, Scott, Arzt & Shannon. But we gained baby Aaron. That leaves us with 43 on the beach. (42 if Walt turns out to be dead.) Plus there were 23 from the tail, but The Others appear to have whittled that number down to 4: Eko, Ana-Lucia, Libby & Bernard. Although I'll bet those 2 kids are still alive as well. (Emma & Zack.)
    Well actually, in an upcomming ep, the Losties come upon
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Cindy, who turns out to look like she's been through a rough time. So the number of Tailies will bounce back up to 5

FORT Fogey
    January 03, 2006

Lost's Hidden Secrets Revealed!
    by Nerina Rammairone

It's not hard to find links between the castaways on ABC's Lost (Wednesdays at 9 pm/ET). Jack's dad once shared a drink with Sawyer. And the box company Locke worked for? Hurley owned it. The current season is raising the stakes, with plenty of blink-and-you'll-miss-them clues that reveal other ways the Losties' paths have crossed. "There is a design," says Lost cocreator Damon Lindelof. Here's proof. (Photographic evidence appears on page 16 of the Dec. 19 "My Big Year" issue of TV Guide.)
    KATE AND SAYID: When Kate visited her Army stepdad at a military recruiting station in the episode "What Kate Did," Sayid popped up on a TV behind her. Similarly, last season during a flashback, Jin entered a house where Hurley was on a Korean TV news program highlighting his lottery win.
    HURLEY AND WALT: Who's the missing boy pictured on the milk carton Hurley chugged inside the hatch's pantry during a recent dream sequence? Yep, that's Walt. Was it just Hurley's imagination? Maybe. Maybe not.
    CLAIRE AND DESMOND: The drawings on a wall in the hatch — possibly scribbled by Desmond — look hauntingly similar to the paintings that cluttered Claire's loft last season when she told her boyfriend she was pregnant with his child. Coincidence? Well, nothing on Lost ever is.
    Indeed, everything means something on Lost. That orientation film in the hatch? It's full of clues to some of the island's biggest mysteries. "The fans have come to expect 'Easter eggs' and that's why we can't do them every week," says Lindelof. "We do it when it's cool." Here are but a few examples. (Photographic evidence appears on page 28 of the Dec. 26 "2006 TV Preview" issue of TV Guide.)
    THE DHARMA INITIATIVE LOGO: The film isn't the only place this insignia has appeared. A logo like the one for the privately funded social-science project known as the Dharma Initiative was on almost everything in the hatch (aka Station 3) as well as on the shark that menaced Sawyer and on the fuselage of Flight 815. Was the plane rigged to crash as part of an experiment?
    POLAR BEARS: As orientation-film narrator Dr. Marvin Candle explains the purpose of the Initiative — to create a space where scientists and freethinkers alike could study everything from electromagnetism to zoology — two polar bears flash on screen. (They look just like the ones in Hurley's comic book!) Perhaps these bears escaped the research facility and are now wreaking havoc on the island?
    FOUNDING FATHERS: B.F. Skinner followers and University of Michigan doctoral candidates Gerald and Karen DeGroot started the Initiative in 1970. Age them about 35 years and they look a lot like the Others who snatched Walt. Hmm....

http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...03_2006_1.html

Big HA from all FORTERS! We knew about those "secrets" the first time they appeared ....

OK, I have a bug up my butt
    I'd see a doctor about that if I were you ...

...The plane clearly broke in 3. The nose landed in the jungle, the fuselage landed on the beach, and the tail landed in the water.
    Of course! It's so obvious now. We've been so focused on fuselage vs. tailies, we forgot about the pilot and the whole nose section. The nose was right in front of our faces all the time ... thanx for correcting us, Q.

Now, I wonder how the nose came to be separated from the fuselage?

Premium Member
    The other day, I was watching Disc 2 of Season One of the hit show from 1996 which I'm sure everyone remembers, (right?), Profit, and during the beginning of the fourth episode on the disc entitled Chinese Box I hear a familiar voice, before they even show the actor's face... yes, it was our very own Dr Marvin Candle, from the Dharma Initiative Orientation film - very weird seeing him outside of the LOST environment, but still, pretty cool nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz View Post
    The other day, I was watching Disc 2 of Season One of the hit show from 1996 which I'm sure everyone remembers, (right?), Profit, and during the beginning of the fourth episode on the disc entitled Chinese Box I hear a familiar voice, before they even show the actor's face... yes, it was our very own Dr Marvin Candle, from the Dharma Initiative Orientation film - very weird seeing him outside of the LOST environment, but still, pretty cool nonetheless.
    OK, then you're gonna love this tidbit: I was watching a late-night movie a few weeks ago, and I noticed Marvin Candle's name in the opening credits. (Francois Chau) If I wasn't such an avid LOST note-taker, the name wouldn't have meant anything to me. Anyway, he was playing a bad guy in a 1997 movie called "Wounded". And the star of the movie was Mr. Jim Profit himself - Adrian Pasdar! So they crossed paths more than once.

I'm so jealous you have that DVD. It's on the top of my wish list. But I'm surprised to hear there's more than one disc. Didn't they only film 8 or 9 episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    I'd see a doctor about that if I were you ...
    Well now that you mention it, sitting down has proven to be fairly uncomfortable......
    Last edited by Qboots; 01-04-2006 at 11:47 AM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by getreal View Post
    With all the tropical heat and her own body heat, it would have melted about 5 minutes after she put it in her pocket. Why do you think she was always doing laundry? Probably trying to get that pesky chocolate stain outta her clothes.

Funny!
    I wonder if there is a Dharma Initiative stain stick in the hatch?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I'm pretty sure this isn't an official site, but someone made one where you can punch the numbers in the computer and hit the button yourself just like a Lostaway.

There's a thread about it here with a link to the site in the first post.

If you type in "game over" you get to play Pac Man.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Of course if the fuselage broke yet again we'd have the plane in 4 parts, one of the magic numbers. Nose (pilot area), tail section of the fuselage, and two more sections of the fuselage, one of which we already know about. Has Hurley checked out the list of passengers and their seat numbers? Is the whole plane accounted for now?

I wonder if the poor gremlins on the wings survived ...

+ Reply to Thread