+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Lea
    Any thoughts on a recast of Al. I can't think of the woman's name right know Eva something. She was in a Will Smith video.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Any thoughts on a recast of Al. I can't think of the woman's name right know Eva something. She was in a Will Smith video.
    That's Eva Mendes--she's a lot more "girlie" than M.R.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I knew, even in the earliest episodes, that the survivors whom we were intended to most dislike would be shown in a different light as time progressed. I can't think of one of them I thought not redeemable.
    I can think of one - Shannon. I still thought she was a bitch even though they tried to soften her before they offed her.

I think one of the reasons why it was out there that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    AL might be gay
    was because when they were talking about an episode where Kate was going to kiss someone who wasn't Sawyer a lot of people were thinking that it might be
    Click to see Spoiler:
    AL
    Plus she does kind of come off like that sometimes. Like someone else posted. She's got that tough girl attitude. I actually think she's kind of hot for Sawyer, though. Which, like I said before, will make for a very interesting love "square". Think about it. Kate is hot for Sawyer and Jack. Jack is hot for Kate. Sawyer is hot for Kate and maybe AL and AL is hot for Sawyer. Kate and AL will have to fight for Sawyer and Sawyer and Jack will have to fight for Kate. But then Sawyer will still be hot for 2 women and he'll have to decide who to be with. Likewise with Kate. She's hot for 2 men. She'll have to decide, too.
    I'm all for a Kawyer relationship. AL should just leave. Here's how I think the couplings should go: Kate + Sawyer; Charlie + Claire. Poor Jack will be left out in the cold along with Hurley, Locke, Michael, and now poor Sayid. Unless Nadia was on the plane, too and she ends up popping up at some point. Hurley can't get no lovin'. Poor guy! They should find someone for him.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Maybe Locke could hook up with Rousseau!

And dont forget Bernard/Rose and Jin/Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    I can think of one - Shannon. I still thought she was a bitch even though they tried to soften her before they offed her.
    That's okay. I knew people would think of Shannon. I never did feel that way about her though. Yes, she grew up a pampered princess, but that's not so dreadfully terrible for me. She also had years of being told she was useless and probably believed it, so why should she even try?

That's just my own opionion though, and I understand why a lot of people didn't like her. I didn't think she was making the show less good and I was sorry to see her go just as I was sorry to see Boone go. I never particularly liked Michael, but saw no reason to complain about his presence.

Ana-Lucia is detrimental to the show, IMO.

Well, I really like Michelle Rodriguez and her character of Ana Lucia. I vote for her to stay, as she adds a lot to the show.

But if she was to be written out, it should be by swallowing piranha without chewing properly, and she gets eaten alive from the inside out.

FORT Fanatic
    i like rodriguez and character ana lucia also. most of the other cast members have become dull, imo, and couple are useless. sawyer has been a little too nice except some verbal barbs, michael is just irritating, charlie's bossy, etc.

i think TPTB wanted some character changes to add more umphh when they finally get back to the real story: the island itself - the monsters, more dharma, the numbers (even if they said there's no significance), the Others, etc. its why they added the mysterious eko and the volatile ana lucia as main casts. to bring umphh back. to bring conflict. to bring back the sense of danger to the 1st season cast and back to reality. ever since they opened the hatch - everything seemed safe (besides the number thing). they've been living the life of luxury.

now the show will continue on. but too bad michelle rodriguez have off-camera issues that might change the storyline. the one thing i really hate in ANY show is re-casting someone. so i guess the only way is phasing her out and be killed...if she doesn't do time.

how many future episodes have already been filmed? someone said about 5. if so, i don't see her getting axed immediately because i have a feeling she's essential to couple of the storyline (no, not only the love-quad), but maybe axed in the season finale or the first couple episodes of S3. unless there's another triggrer happy survivor out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bell
    unless there's another triggrer happy survivor out there.
    Like Nadia? LOL Sorry. I just really want to see Sayid happy again. And Nadia's the whole reason Sayid was even on that plane. So, wouldn't be an awesome surprise if Nadia was there.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Ana-Lucia is detrimental to the show, IMO.
    I hated her character since she first appeared this season, but that was a good thing. She made a great "love-to-hate, can't wait to get her backstory" anti-hero . But I agree with you. I've felt that way since the first press release regarding her, ahem, "incident". It ruins it for viewers if we stop thinking of her as AL and instead dwell on her personal life.

If they do write her off, I wonder if it will be done off-camera. She is such a loose cannon they may want to avoid any hassle that could come from having her return to the set to act out her own death. The Iron Giant would be a quick-and-dirty way to do it (although I thought he broke when he was blown out of his hidey-hole and that's why we haven't seen it lately).

I know this season was supposed to focus more on character development, but the adventure side is suffering - we need the monster or something to stir things up. The Others are a great mystery, but so far, they are not too exciting this season.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread