+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse View Post
    I was watching "the Hunted" the other day and noticed something odd. Tommy Lee Jones' character was a "tracker" trained by some covert government operation. One character was making some reference to following footprints (I cannot remember the exact context) and TLJ told him that [Benecio's character] would be wearing shoes with no treads, like slippers only they were shoes. TLJ then turned over his shoe and showed the person that this is the kind of boot he would be wearing so as to not be easily tracked.

Do you think this would be what the "others" have that would keep them from leaving tracks? Just a thought...
    very good idea, but remember, when jin and eko saw them, they were all barefoot

FORT Fanatic
    but they couldnt really make footprints there cuz they werent walking on dirt. they were walking on mostly branches and leaves and stuff. not dirt. but they had to have been somewhere near dirt of some sort cuz u noticed how dirty their legs were.

FORT Fanatic
    http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20051219/113501514000.html

man, is she a loose cannon. too bad, she's a talented young woman, but boy she's got trouble.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20051219/113501514000.html

man, is she a loose cannon. too bad, she's a talented young woman, but boy she's got trouble.
    I agree.

Considering that this is all over the Internet....It looks like the writers need to rewrite her character ASAP so she can leave the show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    I agree.

Considering that this is all over the Internet....It looks like the writers need to rewrite her character ASAP so she can leave the show.
    Yeah, doesn't sound like she is at all interested in "reforming"---needs a major intervention, but she probaby doesn't have many friends on the set yet, or otherwise in Hawaii. So she will just keep drinking and speeding until she's tossed in jail (hopefully w/o killing anyone) and misses taping. Maybe the producers can reach her, require alcohol testing on the set every day, and that she use a driver instead of driving. Even tho it "restricts her freedom", by threatening to write her out. After all, we know they kill people better established than she is. Of course that will mess up all the stories she was supposed to generate. Too bad.

FORT Fanatic
    i think she does have friends on the set and in hawaii. saw pics of her interacting with crew members and they seem to get along laughing etc. dont know about cast members. well, obviously drinking buddies with waltros since they were caught DUI on the same stretch of road. and she's filmed here in hawaii before. and she's friends with paul walker who is part time resident here.

its just that she has a major problem with alcohol...and DUI and speeding...which all goes hand in hand. i think she has other issues in her life if she told the cops to take her life.

or, maybe she got issues with how her character development of Ana Lucia. she said earlier in an interview somewhere that they TPTB changed her character. and she didn't like it, especially if she signed on lost where AL wasnt such a bitch. thats why she said i don't belong here. and with all the backlash of her character, drove her to drinking, lol. (sorry, i know its not a joking matter but hell one can speculate, lol).

and she mustve been really drunk cause she was gonna have a long walk from pali hwy to the north shore.

but lost execs/TPTB should've known about her problems (personal and court). they couldve cast someone else or help her curb her problems so not the affect the show and storyline. yes, she's an adult and no one should babysit her, but with how successful the show is and so on, execs shouldve taken care of the problems long ago. especially since about 5 other cast members had speeding violations before. they shouldve done something with MR when she got her 1st speeding ticket that is if they did know about her priors.

obviously im bored as hell. i guess ill go wrap my last minute presents.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    I agree.

Perhaps they will let Sayid kill Ana Lucia . lol Okay that was wrong............

Open request to the creators of Lost:

I remember the golden days of television when we had such shows as Studio 1 and Playhouse 90. When I saw the first episodes of your show, I gasped with delight as I realized that someone was willing to take a chance on producing quality television again. I placed your storytelling up there with such as Paddy Chayefsky and Rod Serling, and you have lived up to that.

However, even those with such talent can make a mistake. There is no shame in admitting you made a bad choice with the character of Ana-Lucia. She is dreadful and unredeemable and lessens the joy of watching the show.

I knew, even in the earliest episodes, that the survivors whom we were intended to most dislike would be shown in a different light as time progressed. I can't think of one of them I thought not redeemable. The nuances of their stories and the talents of the actors who portrayed them showed them as layered characters. We are still not certain to this day if Locke is good or evil.

We don't have this with the character of Ana-Lucia. I don't want to see my favorite show degenerate with the introduction of a one-dimensional, violent female.

I know you are always modifying the storyline as new ideas come to you. Please acknowledge this mistake and dispose of Ana-Lucia in whatever way you choose.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Please acknowledge this mistake and dispose of Ana-Lucia in whatever way you choose.
    Can we vote on the method of disposal? I'd like to see her become the next victim of the monster. He's been on the back burner for far too long.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Can we vote on the method of disposal? I'd like to see her become the next victim of the monster. He's been on the back burner for far too long.
    Great idea, Qboots. I'll second the motion.

+ Reply to Thread