+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fanatic
    wait, did you say that the tv showed that hurley won the lottery as he was in the gas station? gee, what a coincidence.

No, I don't believe so. I think that Hurley was at home watching tv when he realized he won. He was checking his ticket against the numbers on the news. He then collapsed. When his mom came to his aid, he said it was something he ate. Then, in episode(s) later, Hurley is with his friend (whatshisname?) in the van. They pull into the gas station because there is a tv crew there. The tv crew now knows the winning ticket was purchased at that station. That's when the store clerk sees Hurley in the van and announces to everyone that Hurley is the winner.

The tv show didn't show that Hurley won. It showed the winning numbers. The tv CREW filmed Hurley while visiting the gas station. Does that help? Do I have it right?

BTW, did you know that the friend of Hurley (whatshisname?) was on Law and Order, Criminal Intent this week as a computer geek responsible for a murder? He played it rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty
    The tv show didn't show that Hurley won. It showed the winning numbers. The tv CREW filmed Hurley while visiting the gas station. Does that help? Do I have it right?
    You got it right misskitty! Hurley wanted to avoid that gas station, and tried to talk his friend out of going there, probably because he went there all the time, and figured they would recognize him. He first learned that he won at home, in front of his TV; his friend discovered he won at the gas station.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    BTW, did you know that the friend of Hurley (whatshisname?) was on Law and Order, Criminal Intent this week as a computer geek responsible for a murder? He played it rather well.
    I knew he looked familiar!! Thanks
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

FORT Fan
    as i stated about 70 pages ago, hes the guy from "The New Guy" with eliza dushku (drooooooool)

FYI _ I've seen lotteries in the states where you tell the clerk your number and they punch it into the lottery machine that spits out your ticket. If this is the case then it's possible that the clerk would know Hurly's numbers by heart.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    BTW, did you know that the friend of Hurley (whatshisname?) was on Law and Order, Criminal Intent this week as a computer geek responsible for a murder?
    DJ Qualls. He apparently is a cancer survivor/research advocate as well as young actor on the rise. I just checked out his profile in imdb.com thanks to the clue from xjeff99 -- from THIS page, not 70 pages ago.

BTW, with my attantion span, the furthest back I'll look is about 3 or 4 pages on this thread. After that, it's ancient history and it's completely forgivable & understandable if someone mentions something that was already talked about 10 pages ago or even 50 posts ago.

And thanx to Duxxy for the lotto info.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    I THINK DJ was also in that movie where they had to go to the center of the earth, can't recall the name of it right now though.

And just a quick comparison: As of post # 2518 (my post), at this post number in the first season Lost thread, we were already well into the February sweeps.
    Last year at this time, we were only around post #1660. But I figure the increase in posts is due to the increase in the show's popularity.

[QUOTE=getreal;1708079]. I just checked out his profile in imdb.com thanks to the clue from xjeff99 -- from THIS page, not 70 pages ago....it's completely forgivable & understandable if someone mentions something that was already talked about 10 pages ago or even 50 posts ago.

Also .... xjeff99 -" he's from The New Guy...."

Thank you very much everyone! Remember, I'm a Newbie so I don't know what was discussed soooo long ago. Sorry xjeff99. I don't get The New Guy. No cable. None. Nada. Nyet. But if I ever see it, then I'll know. Tks.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    I THINK DJ was also in that movie where they had to go to the center of the earth, can't recall the name of it right now though.

And just a quick comparison: As of post # 2518 (my post), at this post number in the first season Lost thread, we were already well into the February sweeps.
    Last year at this time, we were only around post #1660. But I figure the increase in posts is due to the increase in the show's popularity.
    And/or the increase in obsession!

+ Reply to Thread