+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fanatic
    unless hurley is one of those who play the numbers over and over and purchase it at the same place hence the cashier will know who it is, and it seemed like hurley and friend were regulars at that particular gas station joint.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by getreal View Post
    Two observations after tonight's rerun featuring Hurley's backstory:

1. At the end, when Sun is burying the message bottle, there was a clear close-up of her hands as she placed the bottle in the sand. You could distinctly see her wedding ring as she placed the bottle in the hole, then started covering sand with her right hand as her left hand was still in the hole. When her left hand emerged from the hole, the ring was gone, and as she wiped her hands on her lap it was also clearly missing.

2. The whole scene where Hurley was revealed as the lottery winner at the gas station/convenience store ... as I understand it, he had not cashed in his ticket at that point, therefore his identity should have still remained a secret until he redeemed the winning ticket. The media would know WHERE the lucky ticket was purchased, but nobody would know WHO purchased the ticket until the winner made their claim. Yet the cashier identified Hurley as THE winner while Hurley was still fondling his unclaimed ticket.

Comments?

1 - that's why in the following episode or two she is looking for her wedding ring, and then finally finds it back there.

2 - i think the gas attendant would recognize a person like Hurley....obviously....and the media i guess found out that there had been a winner and it was bought at that station, so they were all there.

Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99 View Post
    1 - that's why in the following episode or two she is looking for her wedding ring, and then finally finds it back there.
    Yup ... I was just pointing out that they made sure to include that close-up shot for any fans who might be, ummm, taking notes ...

Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99 View Post
    2 - i think the gas attendant would recognize a person like Hurley....obviously....and the media i guess found out that there had been a winner and it was bought at that station, so they were all there.
    But how would the cashier know that Hurley had the unclaimed winning ticket? People who play the same numbers give a card to the lotto person who just puts it into the machine and spits out the ticket. Are you suggesting that the cashier memorizes the numbers played by each lotto customer? I don't think so.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I've heard that they only tape about five episodes ahead, so it could severely alter the storyline for Ana-L. I don't have much sympathy for Michelle Rodriguez because one of her previous crimes was a hit and run. Not that DUI's are excusable, but I personally think hit and runners are despicable cowards, even if it only involves cars being hit and not any injuries. I've had two parked cars smashed anonymously in my lifetime.

Twiddler, I'm going to watch your movie right now.

Twiddler, I get an error message that a movie file is missing. (It wouldn't let me copy the text, sorry!)
    I have no sympathy for DUI's. And supposedly these actors make enough money to call a CAB to come get them if they are too drunk to drive.

I can allow one mistake, but she is a repeat offender who obviously has not learned her lesson. I say she deserves to serve jail time. That's what they'd do to me, a non-actor in a hit tv show. ALL people need to be held responsible to their actions. Are they going to wait until she hurts or kills someone next time. Sorry, no sympathy what so ever from me.

Do the crime, do the time.
    (and maybe they will write her out of the show too. Idiot, she deserves to have the monster attack her character and lose her job for being so stupid.)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by getreal View Post
    But how would the cashier know that Hurley had the unclaimed winning ticket? People who play the same numbers give a card to the lotto person who just puts it into the machine and spits out the ticket. Are you suggesting that the cashier memorizes the numbers played by each lotto customer? I don't think so.
    I had wondered the same thing, getreal. I just assumed that American lotteries worked differently than Canadian lotteries, but now you've really got me wondering. I better head over to The Fuselage.

to the new av. Enough of busty women, I say!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

http://rapidshare.de/files/8827982/G...ugCom.mov.html

Alright....try this one. "crosses fingers that it works."

Got a good feeling about this one....

http://ul2.rapidshare.de/cgi-bin/upl...00335905075296

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
    "crosses fingers that it works."
    Try these as well. I'm gettin desperate here..
    Got a good feeling about this one....

Let's just say that we all saw it and it was very good.

No...not gonna rest till I get it RIGHT, damn it!

+ Reply to Thread