+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

A quick note for those who have been having trouble posting: if you go to the Announcements forum, there is a thread called "Upgrade Thread" where you will see that many people are having these same problems and John is diligently working on it.

Also, to joeguy: you really should get studying, the "Lost" final exams are quickly approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius View Post
    Evangeline Lilly (the actress who plays Kate) can be found as a spokesperson for this dating service. When watching the commercial, I was 99% sure it was her but then she said "You don't have to go oot to have a good time" and her Canadian origin was betrayed, making it 100%.

http://www.livelinks.com/whatis/index.jsp
    Yes, this commercial was her only speaking role before she was cast as Kate. And every talk show host feels obliged to dredge it up when she's being interviewed. But she always makes sure that the audience knows that it's not a sex chatline, it's a singles chatline.

Emilie de Ravin (Claire) was on Carson Daly the other night. About the only things of note were that they are presently filming about 5 episodes ahead of what's airing, and if any of the viewers ever notice a difference in Aaron's appearance it's because they use several different babies for filming.

Ian Somerhalder (the late Boone) will be appearing on Tony Danza this Thursday, December 8, which also happens to be Ian's birthday. He's in a new Broadway play called: "Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead".

Also, Malcolm David Kelley (Walt) can be seen tomorrow night on A&E in a movie with Ted Danson called "Knights of the South Bronx." It's on at 8 pm and 10 pm, and a whole bunch of other times as well.
    Last edited by Qboots; 12-05-2005 at 09:44 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post

And my other question is: why did she try to buy a bus ticket to Tallahassee after she killed Wayne? Bus stations are very public. She had a motorcycle. Wayne and Diane lived in Iowa. She could have taken back roads to the next state, and then ditched the bike and caught a bus to Florida. Oh well, maybe she believed nobody would suspect her.

I thought she was attempting to create a false trail.
    Buy the ticket, but not board the bus.

I am terrible with timelines on this show. Could Kate's mother have already been diagnosed with her disease, just not have progressed too far yet? She would need lots of $$ for treatment. I think Kate believed her mother would never see the money if her father were alive to collect the insurance payout. And since he was a rotten guy anyway, why not just wait until he gets home before setting the fire?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    Also, we meet a new cast member, possibly to replace Shannon: the horse. I wonder what they'll name him/her.

I think it should be Frau Blucher (neeeiiiiggghh).
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    But her biological father seemed surprised to see her there, so she didn't live in the house, and maybe not even in town. Also, she's telling her mom to pretend the mom didn't see her, so she must not think the customers will recognize her... which in a small town kind of implies she's not from around there--either her mom has moved to a new town or she's been gone a long time. Probably the former since with the Army brat background there wouldn't have been a family home for Kate's mom to get in the divorce, I'm guessing.
    Unless that is the same home where "Katie" was living? I missed that episode (hoping for the DVD for Christmas) so don't know.
    I'd agree that Kate didn't live with Diane and Wayne, but I would think she did at least live nearby. Diane didn't bat an eye when Kate walked into the diner. And it was definitely Iowa, the marshal made reference to it. And he also asked how Kate felt having her army dad move out, and Wayne move in to Daddy's old bedroom. So it would seem that it was the family home, and they've been living there since Kate was 5, at least.

Which sort of confuses me. I had Kate figured for an army brat, moving from town to town all her life. Last season she said that she had learned her tracking skills from her father who was an Army Ranger, stationed at Fort Lewis, Washington State. So was that before he left Diane when Kate was only 5, or did Kate continue to visit him a lot over the years? He certainly had no trouble recognizing her when she showed up at the recruiting station, so I guess they must have kept in close contact.

She also mentioned last season that she had briefly been married. I would think that the marriage must have taken place before she was 24. I can't see a fugitive on the run taking time out to get married and then divorced.

I also found it interesting that her Dad, Sam Austen, calls her Katie, while her Mom calls her Katherine.

Something I found out while perusing other boards is that the same props keep showing up in different episodes. For instance, Wayne & Diane's kitchen was the same kitchen they used for the Australian farmer in season 1. And there was an oddly shaped knick-knack in Diane's house that is now in the island bunker. Apparently there are several items in the bunker that were previously seen elsewhere, like a lava lamp that was in Claire's flashback. I'm going to have to start paying closer attention. (And making more notes. )

I know everyone interprets things in their own way, but I just don't feel that Wayne ever molested Kate. When Diane asked her what she did she said "I took care of you." She also tells the marshal that Wayne never touched her. And to me, the most obvious thing was her conversation with Wayne's "ghost" inside Sawyer. She was convinced that Sawyer was unconscious, so why would she lie to Wayne? She said she killed him not because he drove Sam away, or because of the way he looked at Kate, or because he beat Diane. Wouldn't she have said "Not because of what you did to me"? So I really don't think it ever got farther than a leering glance or an inappropriate remark. But that's just my take on it.

I also felt that before Sawyer was channeling Wayne, he was channeling the dead marshal. When he asked Jack "Where is she?", that's the exact same thing the marshal asked Jack in season 1.
    Last edited by Qboots; 12-06-2005 at 05:28 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

So when he said 'I love her', was he speaking as Sawyer, Wayne or the marshal? I did sense that he (the marshal) had a begrudging admiration for her. Sawyer did enjoy his make-out session with her and we don't know much about Wayne.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 12-06-2005 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Spelling counts; more deep thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    He also said "I love her". Was he speaking as Sawyer, Wayne or the Marshall?
    I think he was speaking as Sawyer, because it is obvious Sawyer has very tender feelings for Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    So when he said 'I love her', was he speaking as Sawyer, Wayne or the marshal? I did sense that he (the marshal) had a begrudging admiration for her. Sawyer did enjoy his make-out session with her and we don't know much about Wayne.
    Hard to say. I'm going to rule Wayne out because I don't think he had the capacity to love.

I think Sawyer has realized his deep feelings for Kate after having been separated from her for awhile and having a near-death experience. And I think that by the end of the 3-year pursuit, the marshal had also developed strong feelings for her. He said something last season like "She got to you too, huh?" So it could have been either of them.

I'm still trying to figure out who the horse represents. It must be her guardian angel, because it helped her get out of the marshal's custody.

I liked your report that the props are being used multiple times. I keep mulling over my theory that their "memories" are not real, and that just adds to the developing picture.

FORT Fanatic
    Did anyone see the 2 cast members' mug shots on the superficial?

Last night, I flipped through a special edition TV Guide in the checkout line at the grocery store. It had Michelle Rodriguez on the cover. Inside there is a page devoted to each of the tailies(although I don't recall seeing Bernard). I only had a few minutes but skimmed AL's page. She spoke of the love quadrangle between J/K/A/S and says initially, the love story was going to be with her and Jack. Their characters are so much alike that she felt there was no chemistry. She went to the producers and suggested that AL and Sawyer would have more chemistry since "opposites attract". Sorry, that's all I can remember. I don't know why I didn't just buy the thing. It was only a whopping 99 cents!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread