+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by lovesrealitytv View Post
    I just came across this bit of info while searching for clues about Dr. Marvin Candle:

Doctor Marvin Candle in an anagram for "Montand Liar Cover". In Season One, when Rousseau reached the Black Rock, she said "This is where Montand lost his arm".

Interesting, huh?

Well, I think some letters are messed up with that. I checked it out and Doctor Marvin Candle - does not match with Montand Liar Cover - there is an extra D and C left over. Just using Dr you will still have an extra D but short the necessary o t o and r, so it has to be using the full word doctor. Either way, there are 2 D's in Dr Marvin Candle and only 1 D in Montand Liar Cover - so I say, someone was just playing around.

But, it would have been cool if it did match.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    You've really got me scanning through my notes now!
    Notes!!!!????? I haven't been taking notes, no one told me to take notes.....crap, i am so far behind now

Originally Posted by lovesrealitytv
    Has anyone mentioned the glass eye the tailies found? Is it Candles? I don't think this has been discussed, but I apologize if it has.
    maybe they found it because he said he'd keep and eye out for his friend?

I brought up the eye after that ep. Nobody seemed to think it was important. I am really curious to find out why that piece of film was spliced out and hidden inside a bible in another bunker. I am also curious to find out who is communicating with Michael. I was so happy they showed Sun and Jin together since I missed last week's ep.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    Well, I think some letters are messed up with that. I checked it out and Doctor Marvin Candle - does not match with Montand Liar Cover - there is an extra D and C left over. Just using Dr you will still have an extra D but short the necessary o t o and r, so it has to be using the full word doctor. Either way, there are 2 D's in Dr Marvin Candle and only 1 D in Montand Liar Cover - so I say, someone was just playing around.

But, it would have been cool if it did match.

and here I was thinking I'd stumbled upon something useful!!! Thanks for checking!
    "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy View Post
    Notes!!!!????? I haven't been taking notes, no one told me to take notes.....crap, i am so far behind now
    You didn't hear about the test? Maybe if you as nicely, Q will lend you her notes.

maybe they found it because he said he'd keep and eye out for his friend?
    Good thing I hadn't taken a sip of my coffee...I would have had a ruined keyboard. Thanks for the laugh, Joeguy.

LKH
    Random thoughts:

I disagree with comments that any of the actors in this are not good. Casting has been one of the better elements of this show, IMO. Evangeline Lilly may not be reacting to things in ways that resonate with some people, but she is doing a terrific job of conveying the emotions of her character. And guys, before we leap to judgement, keep in mind, she's obviously very conflicted about the things she did. We don't know why she killed either of these people yet. But I'm betting it'll turn out she had a reason that makes some sense.

Michelle Rodriguez is also an extraordinary young actress. I dislike the character (I'd probably like her better if someone could slap her down just once). But her work in the role is great.

And Jorge Garcia is wonderful. His character is kind of the stabilizing element in the group - he's already been through all kinds of stuff, so he's taking this more or less in stride. I like him a LOT.

WRT the new film splice, I agree with the folks who notice that it is quite different from the "original" I even think the doctor looks a big younger in the splice, which makes me wonder if THAT was actually part of the original, and a new one was made later for some reason. (I'm not treating this as a spoiler, because I think anyone who observed the film would notice this.)

How much fun is this show?

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Beth Broderick--she played the taller, thinner aunt (Zelda Spellman) on "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch."
    Thank you thank you thank you. I knew I had seen her before and it was driving me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    I brought up the eye after that ep. Nobody seemed to think it was important.
    Glass eye, glass eye ....not being talked about, perhaps because no one has a clue to what it signifies? But, TPTB have said what you think is nothing, could really be a significant clue. In season 1, no one caught that there was a pair of identical twins in the Walt captive party; TPTB felt they had given us a "clue", yet we didn't pick up on it; so they had to actually tell us, ....repeatedly, in articles.

So, I think the glass eye means something- but I haven't a clue as to what. Someone suggested it might be Candles, relating to "the incident", and I think that's as good of a guess as I can imagine. Either that, or they tossed us a red herring just to keep us going through the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you. I knew I had seen her before and it was driving me crazy.
    What's up here? This is the third day in a row this particular message has shown up
    oooh... if it shows up again tomorrow that will be 4 times...
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

FORT Fanatic
    if the whole mr.candle losing body parts thing was the big incident and there will be another incident like it if the computer is used for something other than the typing in of numbers, then who is going to lose some of their body parts this time?

i just thought of something while i was typing that. what if the next incident was like something popping out of the ground like we see in the preview?

+ Reply to Thread