+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fan
    if it's true that Candle's eye doesn't move, that is VERY interesting. maybe someone can check up on that, because that means he has 1 eye and 1 arm. maybe 1 leg also? this could be the incident that he talked about!

If Candle only has one arm this could also mean that he was the real killer of Helen Kimble. Marshal Samuel Gerard should be notified immediately.

Sorry, bad joke ("The Fugitive" reference)...
    Last edited by Zaius; 12-03-2005 at 06:23 PM.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Evangeline Lilly (the actress who plays Kate) can be found as a spokesperson for this dating service. When watching the commercial, I was 99% sure it was her but then she said "You don't have to go oot to have a good time" and her Canadian origin was betrayed, making it 100%.

http://www.livelinks.com/whatis/index.jsp
    Last edited by Zaius; 12-03-2005 at 07:25 PM.
    -- Unknown

Zaius, that is her!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I would like to say that I, for one, believe that Kate's dad did molest her. Her reaction is pretty clear. If he had not done anything to her than her reaction would have been more along the lines of "eww your sick for thinking that" than her VERY upset "he never touched me". Clearly if he had not done so yet, it was certainly not going to be long. He kept telling her "your so beautiful" in such a way that at first I thougth this was some boyfriend of hers. Then his "arent' you going to take off my pants" comment? Can anyone out there, father or daughter, ever imagine asking or being asked that question? I certainly could NEVER imagine my husband asking our daughter to take off his pants!!!!! My father has gout and literally can't button his jeans, but he will walk around in his jeans unbuttoned with a robe on until my brother comes before he would ever ask for my help!!! I think she was either being molested or fearing that Wayne was going to do so. Plus I think that had she been being molested by a step father she may have been better equipped to handle it without actually killing him. However as soon as she found out that the sicko was biologically her dad she wanted to kill him. One reason would be that people like Tom may have known about the abuse, but not that this was her real dad. The shame may have been overwhelming. Its bad enough to have it happen, but by your own flesh and blood is just too much. She probably knew she was going to kill him and thought that her mother should get some sort of payoff. Like maybe it was her way of hoping her mother may forgive her. So she got the policy out knowing what she was going to do.

Regarding the shot of Sayid while she was in her dads office...That was totally cut off on my TV. I was watching for it when it first aired, having heard about the scene. Then I rewatched and still saw nothing. Finally when they posted the scene I went back to watch it, and the tv was going, but Samuel moved in front of it before you could see anything at all. Did anyone else have this problem? I thought maybe they had cut the scene out even when I first saw it. And as far as what the reason was for his arrest...The only thing we know was that he had been traveling around since the Nadia thing, looking for her. He must have done soemthing at one time or another to have the FBI trying to use him as a "mole". I know they told him they could help him get to Nadia, but they must have hunted him down for soem reason...and they must have been watching him before that.JMO.

WHERES MY SHIRTLESS SAYID? Always in Tank tops. WE have Sawyer and Jin, wheres my eye candy? I would love a Kama Sutra type shot of him now!!! Note to TPTB: we know he does nude scenes, why not a shot of HIM coming out of the shower?!

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse View Post
    Regarding the shot of Sayid while she was in her dads office...That was totally cut off on my TV. I was watching for it when it first aired, having heard about the scene. Then I rewatched and still saw nothing. Finally when they posted the scene I went back to watch it, and the tv was going, but Samuel moved in front of it before you could see anything at all. Did anyone else have this problem? I thought maybe they had cut the scene out even when I first saw it.
    I think that you had to view the episode in HD to see that, because it has a wider aspect ratio.
    -- Unknown

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post

Another tidbit from my notes: it was 1989 when Tom & "Katie" buried their time capsule. (Kate would be 12.) On the cassette tape they recorded, Kate mentions she wants to get away from there as soon as she's old enough to drive. Tom asks why and she says "You know why." There's been a lot of speculation that Wayne may have molested Kate. If so, it must have happened by the time she was 12, because something made her want to run away. So why was she still living around there when she was 24?
    I think that this is one possiblity, but if Wayne was already beating on her mom that could still fit, too.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius View Post
    I think that you had to view the episode in HD to see that, because it has a wider aspect ratio.
    Yeah, they'll probably release the Season 2 DVD the same way as the Season 1 DVD, with the widescreen ratio, so we'll get to see it that way at least.

FORT Fanatic
    going back to lockes crossword, a lot of the answers make absolutely no sense whatsoever. i mean i dont know the clues but the answers are kind of weird. like if he filled in gilgamesh, then the s would fit in where it says a(blank)ids. the word would be asids. that doesnt make sense.

who is the actor that plays mr.candle? and what significance does he have to the hanso foundation? i mean, why is mr hanso himself doing the orientation video?

I just came across this bit of info while searching for clues about Dr. Marvin Candle:

Doctor Marvin Candle in an anagram for "Montand Liar Cover". In Season One, when Rousseau reached the Black Rock, she said "This is where Montand lost his arm".

Interesting, huh?
    "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread