+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

I was looking through some of the screen caps at lost.cubit.net/pics and it seems really obvious that in the crossword puzzle Locke was working on, that his handwriting is noticably different from the rest of the puzzle answers.

I don't suspect anything other than that the props person who prepared that item for that scene probably filled in the rest of the answers quickly and left the one for Locke to complete, but one might ask Locke to fill in the rest of the puzzle so the handwriting would match up and fanatics like us -- okay, me -- wouldn't point it out.

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Beth Broderick--she played the taller, thinner aunt (Zelda Spellman) on "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch."
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. I knew I had seen her before and I was going nuts trying to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by getreal View Post
    I don't suspect anything other than that the props person who prepared that item for that scene probably filled in the rest of the answers quickly and left the one for Locke to complete, but one might ask Locke to fill in the rest of the puzzle so the handwriting would match up and fanatics like us -- okay, me -- wouldn't point it out.
    Why not just assume that Locke was just working on a crossword puzzle that had already been started by someone else? Could have been Desmond (or his predecessor) or even one of the other Losties while taking their "button-pushing" shift. The only thing really worth noting is that Locke is the one answering that particular clue

just my 2 cents - do with them what you will
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

Quote Originally Posted by riblit View Post
    ... The only thing really worth noting is that Locke is the one answering that particular clue
    I agree with your suggestion about OTHERs possibly starting the crossword.

But the OTHER thing worth noting is that the intersecting horizontal answers are LOST (i.e., don't make sense) when GILGAMESH is the correct answer for 42D. As they noted on the cubit.net website, if SCRIPTURE was a correct answer for 42D, then the intersecting answers would make sense, yet it is not the correct answer.

And we know that Locke is, after all, a man of FAITH.

What do you make of that tidbit, riblit?

Quote Originally Posted by getreal View Post
    I agree with your suggestion about OTHERs possibly starting the crossword.

But the OTHER thing worth noting is that the intersecting horizontal answers are LOST (i.e., don't make sense) when GILGAMESH is the correct answer for 42D. As they noted on the cubit.net website, if SCRIPTURE was a correct answer for 42D, then the intersecting answers would make sense, yet it is not the correct answer.

And we know that Locke is, after all, a man of FAITH.

What do you make of that tidbit, riblit?
    True enough... I'm off to investigate further
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    You've really got me scanning through my notes now!

Another tidbit from my notes: it was 1989 when Tom & "Katie" buried their time capsule. (Kate would be 12.) On the cassette tape they recorded, Kate mentions she wants to get away from there as soon as she's old enough to drive. Tom asks why and she says "You know why." There's been a lot of speculation that Wayne may have molested Kate. If so, it must have happened by the time she was 12, because something made her want to run away. So why was she still living around there when she was 24?

But her biological father seemed surprised to see her there, so she didn't live in the house, and maybe not even in town. Also, she's telling her mom to pretend the mom didn't see her, so she must not think the customers will recognize her... which in a small town kind of implies she's not from around there--either her mom has moved to a new town or she's been gone a long time. Probably the former since with the Army brat background there wouldn't have been a family home for Kate's mom to get in the divorce, I'm guessing.
    Unless that is the same home where "Katie" was living? I missed that episode (hoping for the DVD for Christmas) so don't know.

Another reason why it's pretty sure the video shown wasn't that of Sayid being captured during the Gulf War is that there's no real reason why they would show just one republican guard among many others being captured on TV. It's pretty likely that Sayid was simply captured at the beginning of Kate's running (3 years before the crash) for different reasons.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesrealitytv View Post
    Anyone?
    I don't think I've seen any discussion of the glass eye. Kind of a weird thing to leave around... do people with glass eyes keep a spare? If the owner was dead wouldn't it have been buried with him? Doesn't seem like the kind of thing you take off the corpse in case someone else needs one in the future.... Matches up with the fake hand I've seen mentioned?

And I expect you are all right about the tie changes in the Hanso clips...continuity error, not clue.
    Last edited by PWS; 12-03-2005 at 04:19 PM.

Could be my imagination - but Candle's right eye doesn't move at all in the movies.
    "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." John Lennon

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I don't think I've seen any discussion of the glass eye. Kind of a weird thing to leave around... do people with glass eyes keep a spare? If the owner was dead wouldn't it have been buried with him? Doesn't seem like the kind of thing you take off the corpse in case someone else needs one in the future.... Matches up with the fake hand I've seen mentioned?

And I expect you are all right about the tie changes in the Hanso clips...continuity error, not clue.
    My grandfather had 3 or 4 glass eyes (he still had one good eye, but alternated between fake eyes for the eye that was bad). When he passed away, I got some of his fake eyes (and no, its not that creepy!). So yes the man in the video could have had a fake eye, and then a few spare eyes, just in case something happened to the other fake eye.

+ Reply to Thread