+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    I'm guessing, hepcat, that her step-dad had also killed "someone" (in his lifetime), so when he said, "murder is in her heart", it could be a nod to his past and the transference of his 'bad blood' that got Kate so worried about being genetically linked to such a tainted blood.
    I guess you're right, but that's so cold-hearted. But then, Kate is pretty cold, too.

But isn't it a jump to assume that if your daughter finds out someone else is the dad, that she would kill that person? Especially since it sounds like her mom is in love with this guy? Even if he beats her up, it's not like he was a random stranger who raped her mother. He was her mother's choice. Why is that worth killing for, in Kate's mind?

I guess the more I learn about Kate the more I dislike her. I liked her up until the episode with the bank robbery. I guess I expected some kind of vigilante justice story where you would sympathize with her because the crime was so vile. But her mother was a consenting adult. Heck, she was an adult and didn't have to live with them in the first place.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

It took me a while to realize that the actress who plays Kate isn't a very good actress at all. Granted, the script is bad concerning her motivations for killing, but the actress has trouble conveying emotions and just makes you identify with her all the less. I mostly just see a look on her face that ranges from completely blank to very slightly perturbed.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

with MR's DUI arrest... I find it terribly ironic that Jack "met" her in the bar in the airport and he had brought her some of the alcohol from the plane on the side of the beach a couple of episodes ago. Not that there is anything wrong with needing a drink now and again, but she seems to have some personal history with it being a problem. Just find it ironic is all.

Also, thanks to all who catch all of those wonderful minute details in every show... I love coming here and catching what I missed And I also love reading the theories as well.

There's something I've been thinking about since this week's episode. Didn't Locke tell Michael and Eko that the computer wouldn't let them type anything until the timer had ticked down to only having four minutes left? If that's the case, then why did it let Michael respond when it started beeping while he was looking things over? Does it take someone from the outside to initiate correspondence before it will let someone in the hatch communicate to the outside?

I think Locke was referring to typing in the number sequence before the four minute mark.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I think Locke was referring to typing in the number sequence before the four minute mark.
    That's very possible. I'll go back and watch it tonight because I could have sworn he was hitting the letters on the keyboard, but I could be wrong.

Well, I feel compelled to stand up for the two female characters Kate & Ana Lucia.

It's been said that the actresses are bad and I have to disagree.

Kate (EL) has had some powerfully emotional scenes, and she did a fantastic job. e.g., the first or second episode when the monster just ate the pilot and then chased her and Jack & Charlie through the jungle -- her fear seemed genuine. e.g., When she and Jack located Charlie hanging by the neck from a tree -- her grief seemed genuine. As well as her relief when he finally came to.

And Ana (MR) was sexy when she flirted with Jack in the airport lounge, vulnerable when she broke down sobbing into Eko's arms, and strong when the tailies were in need of somebody to step up and take charge.

Blame other weaknesses on the writers, but I find it easy to suspend my disbelief and get LOST in the storylines.

There are characters I feel less empathy for, as they have been under-developed by the writers. But there's only so much you can cram into 42-45 minutes of story (allowing for 15 - 18 min. of commercials) involving so many storylines and characters.

The one popular character who has had weak character development IMHO has been Hurley. I have trouble believing his character on the island. Same goes for Claire.

At least now they can rationalize that the guys can trim their beards and the ladies can shave their pits with supplies from the bunker. But look at the beards on Survivor after 30 days, and compare that with the Losties after 40 days (before they finally gained access to the bunker and supplies).

Don't get me wrong -- I like the entire cast. I'm just saying there seems to be some overly harsh criticisms of some of the ladies.
    Last edited by getreal; 12-02-2005 at 07:11 PM.

FORT Fan
    interesting find: http://lost.cubit.net/pics/candles.jpg

lot of differences.

i want people to click it first and this these are my notices:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the obvious difference in brightness/color.
    look at the tie stripes, look different.
    hair -- left shot it looks dry and can't see the comb streaks. right shot looks wet and see the streaks.

what do you guys think

FORT Fanatic
    interesting find. i think michael got the computer to work because remember when he asked locke if he could take a look at the crapload of computer stuff in the room with the computer. maybe he got it to work when he was tempering with it.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by starkisssed View Post
    with MR's DUI arrest... I find it terribly ironic that Jack "met" her in the bar in the airport and he had brought her some of the alcohol from the plane on the side of the beach a couple of episodes ago.
    .........And Libby use to be a bartender on The Drew Carey Show

Kate must have held a hell of a show party.

+ Reply to Thread