+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 520 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl
    QBoots.. you are the Bomb!!! ... way to go detective!!
    I have a question... when do you think the time frame is that Jack is operating on Sarah and meets Desmond??
    That's a toughie. Shannon's Dad married Boone's Mom in 1992. So it was sometime after that. I don't think we've ever been told how old Shannon was when her father died.

We know that Jack and Sarah got married 2 years after her accident, but again, I don't think we know the year they got married.

And Mama Cass released that single in 1969, but that's neither here nor there.

I'll bet someone at The Fuselage will be able to give us a good idea about Desmond's equipment though.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    I don't think he's been there as long as Danielle.

I'm thinking.....mabye 8 years
    That would make a lot more sense in terms of time, but could he possibly have built this underground encampment without her knowing he was there? And also, Danielle heard the voices early on in her stay there...if we're supposing that he controls the voices, that puts him there before her.

Unless he was lured to the island it order to take over from the former proprietor...

I have a record player.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    perhaps.. I'd place the equipment to the 70s or early 80s and isn't the song from the 70's?? You could be right ADKLove about him getting various equipment from the other shipwrecked sites.. The French woman has been there since 1988, right?? Sixteen years... and the show started in 2004... But the flashback of Jack I would think is in the 90s because he's not that old... So maybe Desmond has some fixation with oldies music or that's the only records available (more likely)..... So someone was stranded there from the early 80s...or 70s...according to what I think the equipment looks like... WHO??? The drug plane wasn't that old..... and the shipwreck is TOO old..
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

I don't think Desmond built his underground bunker. He's not the source of the numbers, either, IMO. The guy whose wife has one leg (who killed himself) had responded to the numbers 16 years ago.....but they might have been playing for longer

The Black Rock is obviously very old - so people could've been crashing (or been drawn) here FOREVER

That bunker could've been built anytime.. Lots of islands in the Pacific had old bunkers from WW2.... if that's *cue creepy Lost music* really where they are
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Hey - question

Desmond wasn't in any Charlie flashbacks, was he???

Back in the 40's and 50's the U.S. was doing a lot of nuclear testing in the south Pacific, and I think they built some underground chambers like that as observation posts. That could explain why "Quarantine" is written on the inside of the hatch; the air outside would be radioactive after a bomb test.

But the records aren't that old, so someone has brought them down there since then. This hideaway may have had several occupants over the years.
    Last edited by Qboots; 09-22-2005 at 12:11 AM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Desmond's stuff in the hatch .. very 1970's, as has been observed. The overhead shots of the computer keyboard smack of my memories of the Apple ][ computers I remember as a kid.

Also, what's up with the octagonal-like symbol all over the place? On the door to the steroids(?) cabinet, on the jumpsuit he put on, on the walls in a few areas ...

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Good point about underground bunkers - hadn't thought of that. Would that account for there being a source of electricity as well?

Darn it - I want a screencap (I guess I'm not as observant as you, TARific) Can you describe it?

What is still unanswered (obviously) is why, if "the others" have fuel and a boat..... why can't anyone else leave the island. Why can't they? Better question: why do they WANT to stay?

+ Reply to Thread