+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    Regarding for fans of the actor playing Eko (his very large name escapes me right now), he appears in the new 50 Cent movie, out right now. He also had a big role in The Mummy Returns.
    He was also on the HBO series OZ for many years... as the character Simon Adebisi. loved him on that show

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius View Post
    I just watched the episode again, and looked at the Hanso website again, and I noticed we were assuming something we shouldn't have:

Click to see Spoiler:
    On the web site, the part where "Mole." is entered is the part where Michael is supposed to answer, not the person at the other end. The website is implying Michael is the mole. Notice in the episode Michael types after the ">:" prompt.
    Good observation and good catch, Zaius! I looked at the Hanso website again also, and see what you're talking about. I wonder what they're trying to imply.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler View Post
    Maybe but it seems that the ones not on the Others list are people who have something in their past that they have to confront. Samuel L. Jackson quoted the bible in Pulp Fiction and he wasn't a minister.
    Are you suggesting Eko is a hitman?

Quote Originally Posted by jette66
    Also...in the scene last night where Sayid is on the TV when Kate goes to see her military dad - was that from the episode when Sayid's friend killed himself, and Sayid was being led away?
    It better not have been. The incident with Essam occurred in Sydney, directly before the flight.

Of all the Kate flashbacks we've seen, last night had to have been the earliest. After leaving her Dad's military base, she went on the run. For how long we don't know. Then someone contacted her about her Mom dying and she went to the hospital. This visit led to Tom getting killed. Sometime after that, she ended up in New Mexico pulling a bank heist to get the toy plane. After that she spent several months hiding out in Australia before she ended up on flight #815.

So Sayid on the TV had to have been for some other reason, several years ago.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

When Sayid went to Australia, he was overseen by government agents. I'm guessing that he was somehow caught by them during the time when Kate saw her military dad, and was then offered the deal to cooperate that we saw at the beginning of Sayid's Australia flashback.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Lea
    This episode was a little predictable for me but I still liked it.I am likeing last season much better than this season. Did anyone notice the numbers on the licence plate on the marshall's car? Also what is the name of the actress who played Kate's Mom? I know I have seen her before and it is driving me crazy. Thanksl

I have to agree with all those who are drooling over a shirtless Jin. I always thought he was a very handsome man, but then Sun and Jin are among my favorite characters. I have some speculative thoughts about them.

We know that they love each other very much and that Jin would never have worked for a man like Sun's father except in order to get his permission to marry her.

I would not be surprised to find Sun's father involved with the Hanso Foundation, possibly funding it. If so, he may have known about the crash-to-be and arranged for Jin to be on that flight. And, with his connections, I would also not be surprised to find that the woman who was helping Sun escape was either working for her father or being spied on by someone who was.

In that case, the car that was waiting outside the airport for Sun could have been there to bring her right back to Daddy Dearest when she walked out. She only thought she was going to escape.

Of course, this is just pure guesswork and likely to be completely wrong.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    This episode was a little predictable for me but I still liked it.I am likeing last season much better than this season. Did anyone notice the numbers on the licence plate on the marshall's car? Also what is the name of the actress who played Kate's Mom? I know I have seen her before and it is driving me crazy. Thanksl
    I don't know the name of the actress but she played one of the witch sisters on "Sabrina, The Teenage Witch".

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Also what is the name of the actress who played Kate's Mom? I know I have seen her before and it is driving me crazy. Thanksl
    Beth Broderick--she played the taller, thinner aunt (Zelda Spellman) on "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch."

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I have to agree with all those who are drooling over a shirtless Jin. I always thought he was a very handsome man, but then Sun and Jin are among my favorite characters. I have some speculative thoughts about them.

We know that they love each other very much and that Jin would never have worked for a man like Sun's father except in order to get his permission to marry her.

I would not be surprised to find Sun's father involved with the Hanso Foundation, possibly funding it. If so, he may have known about the crash-to-be and arranged for Jin to be on that flight. And, with his connections, I would also not be surprised to find that the woman who was helping Sun escape was either working for her father or being spied on by someone who was.

In that case, the car that was waiting outside the airport for Sun could have been there to bring her right back to Daddy Dearest when she walked out. She only thought she was going to escape.

Of course, this is just pure guesswork and likely to be completely wrong.
    I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    First of all, Jin without his shirt on. WOW.

RE: Kate killing her stepdad, who really was her dad. I think there's more to it than him just abusing her mother. When the agent asked if she had ever been molested by Wayne, she said very angrily, something like, "He never touched me." I don't believe that. My guess is he abused her as a little girl--which has the double ickiness of incest.
    That was my impression as well. I don't know if I was reading in to it, but I think we will find out more to the story later on down the road. (Then again, I could be searching for a reason to just forgive Kate, the way I forgave Charlie -sorry Qboots). Regardless, she told the now dead detective, that her father(stepdad), had never laid a hand on her, but we know that isn't true. He grabbed at her, and the way that he did that seemed pretty familiar. If he didn't beat her, I think he sexually abused her - whether or not he knew she was his daughte, I don't know but, he must have right?

hepcat - loved the trainers hand popping up in the corner, thanks for posting it. What is that blurred figure in the lower middle part of that picture - someone in production running out of the way?

+ Reply to Thread