+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fan
    In the very beginning I thought Eko's character would be one of the Nigerian's, but then I changed my mind when they did the Tailies' flashback.

Right from the beginning Eko is in clothes that seem new - at least too new for someone who had been stranded on the island for a long time.

Am I just imagining this, or did anyone else catch it?

No I agree, I don't think he has been on the island. Maybe his being on the plane is in some way connected to the statues and herion.

Does anyone remember where we first see Eko in the episode about the tailies backstory? Was he laying on the beach or in the water? I thought I remembered him being in the water, swimming to shore and then going right back into the water to start saving people. I also thought he was wearing either a really nice black suit or a black tux.

Also...in the scene last night where Sayid is on the TV when Kate goes to see her military dad - was that from the episode when Sayid's friend killed himself, and Sayid was being led away?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by jette66 View Post
    Does anyone remember where we first see Eko in the episode about the tailies backstory? Was he laying on the beach or in the water? I thought I remembered him being in the water, swimming to shore and then going right back into the water to start saving people. I also thought he was wearing either a really nice black suit or a black tux.

?
    I think that's right. I seem to remember that as well--especially the part about him sort of just making it to shore and then going back out to save people.

Back to the kiss though...Qboots said she kissed him passionately but several others have derided the lack of sparks... to me it looked almost desperate...maybe testing to see if she kissed Jack would he also remind her of Wayne? Jack just seemed kind of stunned, and maybe not sure if she was in her right mind--as in would it be wrong to take advantage of her move? On the other hand, we know she had a (dead) boyfriend... did he also remind her of Wayne? Or did he predate the death of Wayne? My timeline is a bit foggy.

Also, what was with the Sawyer stranglehold thing? At first I thought she hallucinated it (esp. as she had no marks on her neck when she saw Jack), like the horse. But the horse seems to be real. And Sawyer was out of bed so maybe she attacked him and left him there. I suppose we could put it down to a coincidental Sawyer illness induced hallucination about her leading to the attack that then set off the Wayne thoughts--before he attacked her she seemed all lovey dovey and not the least bit thinking about Wayne. Well, lack of sleep does make people nuts, but at her age you'd think she could cope with one missed night--like cramming for an exam.

I did love the ending even if I have no idea if it is really Walt. Got a few tears at that "Dad?" line. Had no idea it was an extended episode...thought my vcr clockwas off. Thank goodness I watched it "live".

Regarding Eko not having been on the plane, wouldn't Hurley still have the manifest? Wouldn't one of the first things he would do is check the names of the newcomers to make sure they were on the plane, particularly after the encounter with Ethan?

Hurley is often in the background but when we do see him, he seems to me to be doing a lot of Sherlockian deductive reasoning and questioning about what may be happening. I think Hurley may be more important to their finding answers than we have yet seen.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Regarding Eko not having been on the plane, wouldn't Hurley still have the manifest? Wouldn't one of the first things he would do is check the names of the newcomers to make sure they were on the plane, particularly after the encounter with Ethan?

Hurley is often in the background but when we do see him, he seems to me to be doing a lot of Sherlockian deductive reasoning and questioning about what may be happening. I think Hurley may be more important to their finding answers than we have yet seen.
    Excellent point, Florimel!

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Regarding the Kate/Sawyer strangle: if there is a plausable explanation for everything in this show, then Kate was merely halucinating. Sawyer could not have had the strength at that time to move so quickly. If some things can only be explained by 'voodoo magic-type stuff', then Wayne's presence could possibly have jumped into Sawyer for that brief time.

Eko's been getting a lot of screen time, good for him. It seems that with the 2 new cast members him and A-L), the character of Eko is the one with more depth and better written, and the more famous actor of the two is playing the other one (MR). Side note: for fans of the actor playing Eko (his very large name escapes me right now), he appears in the new 50 Cent movie, out right now. He also had a big role in The Mummy Returns.

And regarding Hanso and the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    'mole' that was mentioned in the video you see when you click on Hanso, it's probably meant as a person infultrating a group, but could it possibly mean something more literal? Think about it: where does a mole dig? underground. where are the hatches/bunkers? underground. i dont know, maybe im just rambling like a crazy person now.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    First of all, Jin without his shirt on. WOW.

RE: Kate killing her stepdad, who really was her dad. I think there's more to it than him just abusing her mother. When the agent asked if she had ever been molested by Wayne, she said very angrily, something like, "He never touched me." I don't believe that. My guess is he abused her as a little girl--which has the double ickiness of incest.

And supposing that he had never touched her... I can imagine that I'd want to protect my mom from getting beat up constantly by her husband, even if she is a dumbass who protects him more than her own child. Would I have killed hom? No, but I had no problems with Kate killing him. Re: the insurance policy she got for her mother. I think that was misguided loyalty-guilt on Kate's part. Bear in mind that she was raised by white trash parents. She knew her mom loved Wayne and was probably hoping that getting something financially would hopefully make her mom not so heartbroken OR angry with her.

Her mom turning her in reminds me of all those stories you hear on Springer or Oprah or what have you where these stupid women bring abusive men into their homes because they'd rather have a man -- even a bad one -- than to be without one.

Kate's mom started all this by bringing an abusive man into their family and RECONNECTING with him again even after she knew all this.

Anyhow, didn't mean to get off tangent--but her mom's the dumbass as I see it.

And Jin shirtless ... way hot!

I just watched the episode again, and looked at the Hanso website again, and I noticed we were assuming something we shouldn't have:

Click to see Spoiler:
    On the web site, the part where "Mole." is entered is the part where Michael is supposed to answer, not the person at the other end. The website is implying Michael is the mole. Notice in the episode Michael types after the ">:" prompt.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

You're right, Zaius. Hmmm!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread