+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    The new bit of tape was interesting, given how they intercut it with Michael using the computer. But I think the more interesting question is why it was cut out and who did it. I don't think it could have been Desmond because he didn't give any indication that he knew there were other hatches. Would "person x" cut it out in the hopes that someone would use the computer for something other than the numbers? Did the rules of the experiment change? And what "incident" is going to happen now that Michael has used the computer?

It also makes me wonder if the computer is something along the Mirror of Erised from Harry Potter - it shows you what you most want to see. That would be along the lines of a psychological experiment, wouldn't it? See how crazy people go to get access to the dearest wish in their heart. And for Michael that would obviously be to find Walt.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    What struck me as weird was her father saying he knew she would kill him, and in the next sentence he's talking about her being five years old. So is he saying she's "had murder in her heart" since she was that young?
    I'm guessing, hepcat, that her step-dad had also killed "someone" (in his lifetime), so when he said, "murder is in her heart", it could be a nod to his past and the transference of his 'bad blood' that got Kate so worried about being genetically linked to such a tainted blood.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Hey everyone - I've stopped receiving email notifications of new posts for all of the threads that I'm subscribed to. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've checked to make sure that I'm still subscribed, and I am. Thanks for help!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99 View Post
    my thoughts about Eko and the statues/plane is that he is a minister in Nigeria and sent these people on a plane with these statues (not knowing there was heroin in it) to another place to spread the christian (or whatever he is) faith, and later he found out what was inside of it after they lost contact with it and that made him leave Nigeria.
    Maybe but it seems that the ones not on the Others list are people who have something in their past that they have to confront. Samuel L. Jackson quoted the bible in Pulp Fiction and he wasn't a minister.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    As for Kate, I agree with Qboots. I don't have any sympathy for her situation. Not only was her mother a consenting adult, she was an adult too and didn't have to stick around if she disagreed with the situation. Getting insurance and all that was fraud, plain and simple. There's plenty of people with less-than-perfect stepdads that manage to get beyond their horrible childhoods without any killings.
    I missed some of the middle portion of the show but I thought the guy she killed (Wayne) turned out to be her real father and that he had eyes for her. She may not have known he was her biological father but maybe he did. Or did I miss too much of the show to know the relationships?

LKH
    I agree - I think Kate's father was a killer, and I think in later eps we will learn that he killed someone dear to her. Don't be too quick to judge, folks.

RE: Eko - I think you all are onto something. I'm betting he wasn't on Flight 815. May be a survivor from the drug plane, may be one of the Others. He knows more than he's letting on. And I think he has some kind of connection with Locke, though Locke may not know it.

As for little hidden visual clues, someone at another forum I visit posted a pic:

What the ****??? Why is Sayid on TV??????
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Newbie
    I found 'what Kate did' to be just unbearably boring. I don't know about anyone else, but I was expecting something more exotic, more sexy, something with large dollops of moral ambiguity. Pretty much the only thing I cared less about was the horse, having recognized it early as this weeks bit of random, pointless, wierdness.

Kudo's to the big Nigerian fellow, Eko, for being as interesting and engaging as he is. His scenes with Locke, as well as the nicely executed cliffhanger totally saved the episode for me. Dying to see what happens in the next Ep, and praying that the integration of the tailies gets some proper attention.

LKH
    Not to mention, he's FINE. (Eko).

Premium Member
    So cool they updated the Hanso Foundation site!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Weird that the update refers to the Life Extension project - and what's with the 105 year old orangutan, with advanced language and learning? Thinking of the monster on the island and seeing a recent movie trailer gave me flashes of King Kong.

Guess I'm over the Kate/Jack thing. Watching those two kiss last night reminded me of the first Star Wars movie - definitely a Luke/Leia moment, and at any second we were going to find out they were actually brother/sister, thus she would have to run off with Han, err, Sawyer...

Hope we eventually find out why someone would cut out a section of the film, take the effort to hide it in a book, and keep it in a different station - rather than destroy it. I don't think we'll find out, though.

Although one question I had was answered last night - that was if they could enter the code every half hour for example, rather than having to wait every 108 minutes, and apparently the keyboard/screen is locked for 104 minutes, which would kinda make it hard from them to use the computer for outside communication, anyway.

+ Reply to Thread