+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fan

Son of a biscuit! Go to the Alvar Hanso site and click on the picture of Alvar Hanso. http://www.thehansofoundation.org

Does this mean... (don't click until after you look because it was kind of neat)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that Michael is corresponding with a mole? This is an official site as far as I know.

In the same vein, Lostlinks.net has a link to "kingcrossstatepolice" where you put in a login (the numbers) but need a password. How many of these are going to crop up?

I thought it was a great episode tonight, minus the Kate story. There were several OMGWTF MIND BLOWN moments.

As for Kate, I agree with Qboots. I don't have any sympathy for her situation. Not only was her mother a consenting adult, she was an adult too and didn't have to stick around if she disagreed with the situation. Getting insurance and all that was fraud, plain and simple. There's plenty of people with less-than-perfect stepdads that manage to get beyond their horrible childhoods without any killings.

What struck me as weird was her father saying he knew she would kill him, and in the next sentence he's talking about her being five years old. So is he saying she's "had murder in her heart" since she was that young?

ETA: Thanks for that link, Norm. I completely missed that on the show.
    Last edited by hepcat; 12-01-2005 at 02:45 AM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/ just gives me a blank page. What was on it before it was blank?
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Sorry Zaius, I must have lopped off part of the tag.

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/mission.html

Click on "Alvar Hanso", then click on the weird photo of him in the office building.

I guess this is a more direct link. http://www.thehansofoundation.org/alvarhanso.html

Click to see Spoiler:
    Thanks. Two interesting things about that. First it's weird that they're saying "mole" - it could mean a number of things. It could mean that it is an Other already infiltrated in the group of survivors. If so, it would be interesting to know where this person is typing from, since that's the only terminal we're aware of among the survivors. I guess he could be missing from the group temporarily. Or it could be Walt. He could be a mole among the Others. Given his experience with the supernatural, he could be faking his belonging to the Others while remaining loyal to the survivors.

A mole implies someone who has infiltrated a group, not a liar. So whoever is on the other end of that chatting session technically should not be limited to merely lying to Michael, but being actively among another group under a false impression.

Secondly, the legal document displayed after the mole animation is very interesting. It's a letter from a WHO (World Health Organization) guy to I'm guessing the legal team for Hanso. It has to do with guarding against threats to the general population, speaks of a research facility in Zanzibar (an island off the east coast of Africa), and it implies that the WHO guy had been unpleasant in previous correspondence.

It looks like maybe he was recently "persuaded" to switch positions and side with Hanso. Maybe it was because of the recent donation, maybe it was because of something more...personal or supernatural. Maybe Hanso is buttering up the worldwide health community to set them up for whatever inventions he's going to come up with. Maybe he has lab rats everywhere, including in Zanzibar and on the Lost island. Maybe maybe maybe.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Also Zaius,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Did you notice the dates on that memo? October '05? Hmmm.

Take a look at this clip. I swear, people dissect every frame of this show. I'm posting this just because I think it's incredible anyone caught this.

If you can't see it, it's
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the hand on the right of the shot - a trainer signalling the horse to turn its head.

Well, after hearing about the end of the episode and the preview, I wish I hadn't gone to bed, but that ep was so boring for the first 30 minutes! Kate is such a yawner to me. Also, that kiss she planted on Jack was so passionless he wasn't even kissing her back, his mouth stayed in an open position and didn't even move. It was gross to watch! Neither one of them seems to feel any kind of passion towards each other or have any kind of spark to them, so watching them kiss was like watching two blowfish slam their faces together. Yuck!

Sorry, can you tell I'm not feeling the Kate or Jack love?! At least if you pair them with someone else on the island that has a pulse, maybe that would make each of them interesting!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    Also Zaius,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Did you notice the dates on that memo? October '05? Hmmm.

Take a look at this clip. I swear, people dissect every frame of this show. I'm posting this just because I think it's incredible anyone caught this.

If you can't see it, it's
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the hand on the right of the shot - a trainer signalling the horse to turn its head.
    Lost fans are amazing! I would never catch this!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    Well, after hearing about the end of the episode and the preview, I wish I hadn't gone to bed, but that ep was so boring for the first 30 minutes! Kate is such a yawner to me. Also, that kiss she planted on Jack was so passionless he wasn't even kissing her back, his mouth stayed in an open position and didn't even move. It was gross to watch! Neither one of them seems to feel any kind of passion towards each other or have any kind of spark to them, so watching them kiss was like watching two blowfish slam their faces together. Yuck!

Sorry, can you tell I'm not feeling the Kate or Jack love?! At least if you pair them with someone else on the island that has a pulse, maybe that would make each of them interesting!
    I agree. and I just have to mention this. The actor who plays Sayid was absolutely Unconvincing when he was giving a "speech" at the Shannon's funeral. This was very lame.

I have to agree with the Jack/Kate kiss. Yuck. When Kate and Sawyer kissed, MY toes curled!!!!!! That was a kiss. Poor Jack - he's a cutie, but perhaps his lack of lips is the problem.
    "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread