+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

All of you all have blown me away with your insight and research! Just wanted to say quickly that the writers of the show did admit to a screwup with Shannon's age, saying "oops, we are human!" So don't read anything into the fact that the dates seem askew as far as she is concerned.
    Go Tigers!

I cannot believe that after this week's episode we won't see a new one until January 11.
    But i am looking forward to what michael and Eko get out of the dharma video. I wonder if they'll catch the editing of it. And i am really curious as to what the room with the bullet proof glass holds and if they'll use it when the counter gets to 0

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
    "cough"
    "cough"

Got a cold there, twiddler?
    It is possible that Eko was there before the crash. Maybe he quickly donned a business-type suit so that he could blend in with the crash victims? Because noone would have believed he was on the plane in the outfit he is wearing now.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Plus, the producers have said that Eko is Nigerian. So maybe he was in the drug plane that crashed. Who knows how long ago that crash was? Does heroin expire?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey
    http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...29_2005_1.html

Has Lost Seen the Last of Shannon?
    by Shawna Malcom

Nearly three weeks after her tragic death, many fans of ABC's Lost (Wednesdays at 9 pm/ET) still mourn Shannon Rutherford. Sure, Shannon (played by Maggie Grace) was spoiled, emotionally stunted and preoccupied with parading around in bikinis and giving herself pedicures. And yes, she showed questionable judgment when she indulged in an icky precrash hookup with ill-fated stepbrother Boone (Ian Somerhalder). But boy, the girl sure knew how to make an exit.
    In Lost's Nov. 9 episode, just as viewers started to get a little insight into what made the rich bitch tick — her daddy died, leaving her with an evil stepmom and (the horror!) no trust fund — she was killed by trigger-happy "tailie" Ana Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez). In one explosive instant, it was bye-bye, Shannon, hello, conflict!
    "We didn't want the integration of the tailies and the fuselage survivors to be easy," explains executive producer Carlton Cuse, referring to the show's two groups of Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 survivors, who, following an episode recapping the newfound castaways' first weeks of eerie island existence, started to deal with the shooting's fallout in the Nov. 23 episode. Now, says cocreator and executive producer Damon Lindelof, "It's a really complicated and messy situation."
    We'll say. Deciding which character would be next to perish, however, proved relatively painless. After Boone's death in April, producers realized that "the story avenues for Shannon felt limited," Cuse explains. He adds that Grace took the news, well, gracefully. The 22-year-old Ohio native, who recently starred in the horror flick The Fog with Smallville's Tom Welling, was eager to try her luck at a full-time film career. "I think it was sort of a win-win," Cuse says.
    As it seems to be for viewers as well — consider the slew of juicy plot developments the offing offered. Just last week a grieving Sayid (Naveen Andrews) pondered avenging his girlfriend's death by turning a gun on Ana Lucia, and dared to take on the imposing Mr. Eko (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje). Meanwhile, the other survivors struggled to determine whether or not Shannon's death was actually accidental.
    Looking ahead, don't rule out a reappearance by Grace. "Characters on Lost stay dead," Cuse maintains. But there is "the possibility that she could cross in [another character's] backstory," just as Jack (Matthew Fox) passed through Shannon's own Nov. 9 flashback.
    And when she does, she'll probably have the perfect pedicure.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hmmm!
    That's a possibility I hadn't considered!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Check this out: http://www.spoilerfix.com/lost.php

Click to see Spoiler:
    11/28 - The relationship between Locke and Eko will be a central focus of the show. The different viewpoint those two characters have will come into play. The Sayid/Ana Lucia relationship will be something that will carry foward in the upcoming episodes in ways that are different than people might think. They probably have more in common than "I killed the woman you loved." Desmond will be coming back. Maybe there will be an episode about the island's past. Dr. Marvin Candle has a fake hand. Source: Lost Podcast
    11/28 - Spoilerish excerpt from article "Five Alive:" Mr. Eko: Born and raised in Nigeria. Source: The Official Lost Magazine, Issue 2, Jan/Feb 2006
    11/28 - Writer/Supervising producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach reveals (note that this is a summary of the spoilerish things he revealed): The people in the tail section have experienced the full wrath of "the Others" and the "monster"... but they don't know about any of the other mysteries of the island. They don't know about the hatch, the polar bears, the Dharma Initiative... so it's going be a real culture shock for them. Some of these characters are not going to get along. You've got Kate and Ana Lucia - who will both have some kind of a relationship with Jack. We also have a Nigerian man, and as you know from last season, a Nigerian drug plane was found on the island. You have to wonder if there's a connection... Not to mention Charlie who is a drug addict and has a Virgin Mary statue full of heroin. He hasn't broken it yet, but eventually we'll have to deal with the repercussions of that. As with the hatch, there will be more revelations about the Dharma Initiative, but it's all going to come at times when it's going to affect the characters most. You have not seen the last of Dharma, but it's going to be a little while before you find out a little bit more. The Dharma Initiative was a communal research facility on the island. A lot of scientists and free-thinkers got together to do a lot of different kinds of research: psychiatry, zoology - and remember that with the zoology of the film you saw some polar bears. It's possible there were some animal aggression studies going on there, as well as human psychology experiments and a whole variety of other things. The Dharma Initiative was founded by two peacenik Grad students who were trying to get to the bottom of a lot of mysteries about human behavior. There are six bunkers on the island, and they were devoted to a lot of different kinds of research. That's going to open up a lot of different avenues for us to tease you with what the kind of research was, and how it's evolved now that the Dharma Initiative seems to have fallen into disrepair. A lot has happened on the island and the Dharma Initiative is just the tip of the iceberg... The "funny" script pages posted online at OceanicFlight815.com sometimes get things wrong but sometimes they get them right... Will you be seeing "Zombie Walt" of "Clone Jack"? Probably not, but I think in everything that we do, there are hints of things that are happening. Source: The Official Lost Magazine, Issue 2, Jan/Feb 2006

I hope it is ok to post this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland View Post
    back to the marky mark thing. I dont believe marky mark was popular for that long. i have never heard of them.
    Oh how sad I mean, I loved Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch "Good Vibrations" was such a feel-good song. And oh Mark Walhberg was soooo hot back then

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99 View Post
    little sidenote that I was thinking about today. Locke and his legs. in Season 1 (if you remember, I only started watching Lost in season 2, so i watched Season 1 (all 25 eps) in 3 days so I don't know every detail), during his flashback episodes, he never SAID he was paralyzed or no one said it right? I was thinking, because of his flashbacks this season, that maybe he wanted attention or something and he faked his paralysis so he can be in a wheelchair and people will respect him. And when they crashed on the island and he woke up and Jack was asking for his help, he decided to help him because he knew he would be needed and in an environment that suits him more than a box company. any thoughts?
    There was an episode in which Locke was in a wheelchair and was denied going on the "walkabout" (was that the term?) tour in Australia... because he couldn't walk. He was very upset about that and IIRC that's the first time we (as viewers) found out he was in a wheelchair. I could be wrong about that being our first time finding out, and I can't recall for 100% certain if anyone ever mentioned the wheelchair... but I distinctly remember Locke being denied going on that tour because he couldn't walk (and he was in a wheelchair).

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I just read that the creator of the show said that the "significance" of the numbers is a question that "will probably never be answered". ??? WTH!
    Go Tigers!

Can someone please help me? I've been watching previews for tonight's epi. It shows
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kate being grabbed by Sawyer in the hatch. Then Kate is outside the hatch and Jack is in the hatch kneeling over someone on the floor. Jack is then outside the hatch. "What happened in the hatch??" Kate: "I'm sorry." Jack then grabs her wrist.
    My question is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is it Locke or Sawyer on the floor of the hatch when Jack is kneeling over him? It makes more sense that it would be Sawyer but who knows. Mayb Locke was trying to interfere and Kate didn't like that. It just looked like he was wearing the same color shirt Locke was last week and Sawyer wasn't wearing one.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread