+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
    More importantly, the fact that Sayid even considers leaving his bag with Shannon at the airport, leads me to believe this is pre-9/11.
    All good points. But when Shannon went up to the airport guard, didn't she make a point of saying it was an "Arab man" with emphasis on Arab? Wouldn't that suggest it was post-9/11?

We got into this up-thread.. check out this post for details showing why timeframe is post 2003.
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

One more note on the time-frame: when Shannon lived in Paris, her boyfriend's son had the video of the movie "Finding Nemo". That video was released Nov. 4, 2003. And a few days before the plane crash, Christian Shepherd told Sawyer in an Aussie bar that the Boston Red Sox would never win the World Series. But they did: on Oct. 27, 2004.

So that gives us a window of about one year. 11/4/03 to 10/27/04. I firmly believe the crash took place on the date of the debut of LOST: Sept. 22/04.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    One more note on the time-frame: when Shannon lived in Paris, her boyfriend's son had the video of the movie "Finding Nemo". That video was released Nov. 4, 2003. And a few days before the plane crash, Christian Shepherd told Sawyer in an Aussie bar that the Boston Red Sox would never win the World Series. But they did: on Oct. 27, 2004.

So that gives us a window of about one year. 11/4/03 to 10/27/04. I firmly believe the crash took place on the date of the debut of LOST: Sept. 22/04.

Was the video released worldwide on that date? Usually, arent US-made movies released on video a little later in countries other than the US? If so, then you can bump that date up a little, making the timeframe even closer.

FORT Fanatic
    back to the marky mark thing. I dont believe marky mark was popular for that long. i have never heard of them. if she asked her mom to keep her room the same when she moved out, wouldnt that kind of make it seem like she moved out when she was a teenager since in the flashback, she is like current age which is 22?

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    Shannon was living somewhere else, we know that because she went to her wicked step mom when her rent check bounced. I know for the longest time after I moved out, my Skid Row/Kiss/Corey feldman Corey Haim posters stayed up until my brother took over my room. So its very feasable that Shannons room was kept the same after she left, especially considering her family was loaded and wouldn't have needed to use the room for anything else after she was gone.

FORT Fan
    little sidenote that I was thinking about today. Locke and his legs. in Season 1 (if you remember, I only started watching Lost in season 2, so i watched Season 1 (all 25 eps) in 3 days so I don't know every detail), during his flashback episodes, he never SAID he was paralyzed or no one said it right? I was thinking, because of his flashbacks this season, that maybe he wanted attention or something and he faked his paralysis so he can be in a wheelchair and people will respect him. And when they crashed on the island and he woke up and Jack was asking for his help, he decided to help him because he knew he would be needed and in an environment that suits him more than a box company. any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I have a question. Earlier this season and last season, this site for Oceanic Airlines was reporting the airline had gone out of business due to the crash of flight 815. Now looking at the website that doesn't appear to be the case as they are scheduling new flights. What do you all think?
    The main reason for the confusion here is that we're talking about 2 different websites. The one that showed up last season was http://www.oceanic-air.com/. The one that has just appeared is http://www.oceanicworldair.com/

I believe it has been established that the first site is an authentic site.. but the evidence seems to be pointing to this most recent site being done by a fan.

hope that helps
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

"cough"

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
    Ya know....I've been thinking....Danielle and her crew were lead to the island by a radio transmission that kept saying the numbers, right? Well....what if Eko's surprise for Locke this week is that, in fact, he was on this island before and he was the one who made the radio transmission that lead Danielle to the island?
    "cough"

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99 View Post
    little sidenote that I was thinking about today. Locke and his legs. in Season 1 (if you remember, I only started watching Lost in season 2, so i watched Season 1 (all 25 eps) in 3 days so I don't know every detail), during his flashback episodes, he never SAID he was paralyzed or no one said it right? I was thinking, because of his flashbacks this season, that maybe he wanted attention or something and he faked his paralysis so he can be in a wheelchair and people will respect him. And when they crashed on the island and he woke up and Jack was asking for his help, he decided to help him because he knew he would be needed and in an environment that suits him more than a box company. any thoughts?
    doubt he faked the paralysis but he might have a traumatic event that may led him to believe he was paralyzed (i think this was discussed last season) or that the plane crash somehow cracked his body into place where now he can feel his legs). how do we explain all that pain he felt and the collapsing during the episode when boone died. but im leaning towards a traumatic event left him thinking he was paralyzed...until TPTB will show us what really happened to locke.

+ Reply to Thread