+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjay View Post
    Awesome episode on the whole, my favorite of the season. Some nitpicks:

Anyone else find it a little silly that Kate was standing on the beach driving golf balls towards camp? Or that Jack, who's generally such a party-pooper, didn't seem to worry about the fact that Rose nearly had her skull cracked by the one Kate hooked?

It also bothered me throughout the show that Anna Lucia was handling the gun in a way entirely inconsistent with her background. A firearm isn't a toy, and no professional trained in its use would play, for example, with the magazine release. On the same note, Mama Lucia tells Anna that McCormack, "put four bullets into you, hollow-points through your vest!" The writer, not knowing any better, selected the scariest bullet he'd ever heard of not realising that it's the round ballistically least likely to penetrate kevlar.

Do they employ a technical advisor?
    Well, I asked my dh when seeing AL in her tank top, why she had no scars on her chest if she was shot with hollow points and he said, they don't penetrate kevlar. So she was shot, but not injured other than probable bruising on her chest, but it caused her to have a miscarriage? Or was she shot and the bullets penetrated flesh and the resulting shock to her body caused a miscarriage?

I'm confused as she didn't appear to have scars. Just emotional ones.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
    I have a question. Earlier this season and last season, this site for Oceanic Airlines was reporting the airline had gone out of business due to the crash of flight 815. Now looking at the website that doesn't appear to be the case as they are scheduling new flights. What do you all think?

Click to see Spoiler:
    in reading the newspaper articles from the above site about the other plane going done, it had the flight number: N518OA. 518 is the reverse of 815. AND it says it was a non routine flight that crashed in 2000 with only crew aboard. Hmmm, lots to think about. It says the debris found floating was not consistant with a 5 year old crash. So the time distortion thing could be real huh? Lots of questions, no answers.

Also on the above site there is a link that says:

Let us take you on an exciting voyage to new places where you can meet other people who share your need for adventure.

Other is in blue and if you click on it, it takes you to the web page for the Miami Dolphins draft pick history page. What's up with THAT?

Last edited by MRD; 11-27-2005 at 01:00 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Newbie
    So she was shot, but not injured other than probable bruising on her chest, but it caused her to have a miscarriage? Or was she shot and the bullets penetrated flesh and the resulting shock to her body caused a miscarriage
    The exact line ("he put four bullets into you, hollow-points through your vest") would leave little room for interpretation IMO. Metal met meat. I'm not sure how they're going to get away with a lack of scarring unless it's just going to be filed under "miscellaneous wierdness" though.

It all seems a little sloppy to me because, as you suggested, she could have lost the baby from the pure blunt force trauma associated with her vest stopping four rounds in the chest/abdomen area. Same result with added benefit of, you know, making some sense.

*shrug*

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Hurley wasn't missing. He was with Kate and someone else when Kate was playing golf. Jack found a ball that she had hit and tried to tell her that she wasn't doing it right so Kate and Jack made a little wager. And she won by the way. Jack hit his ball clear into the woods. Kate followed him and that's when they saw Ekko carrying Sawyer.
    I left the room for less than a minute and look what I get,I missed Hurley.Let this be a lesson for everyone.

I don't think that oceanicair site is official. There is a link to Disney, but it's not to their TOS like all the official sites have = it's just a link to one of their videos for sale. I think it's an elaborate fan-made site, so I wouldn't take anything found there (the headlines, the Miami Dolphins listing with "Ethan Goodwin") as anything.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I don't think that oceanicair site is official. There is a link to Disney, but it's not to their TOS like all the official sites have = it's just a link to one of their videos for sale. I think it's an elaborate fan-made site, so I wouldn't take anything found there (the headlines, the Miami Dolphins listing with "Ethan Goodwin") as anything.
    I agree, also the fact that the memo refers to
    Click to see Spoiler:
    another flight without making it clear what flight it talks about
    really makes me doubt its authenticity.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    Heh...sorry. I never said it was official or anything...just posted the link. My bad.

It's not a problem, Twiddler.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I need to keep checking here everyday, cuz if I miss a few days then I have to spend more than an hour catching up (and thats without visiting any links provided)!!!

I would like to add my 2 pennies here. I think everyone hates AL. However I think that she adds alot to the cast. I think the potential tension between her and Sayid will freshen up his stale storyline. (I love my man Sayid, but this year and the end of last season had way too much to do with Shannon). I think it will also make for an interesting love match for Sawyer...they are so similair that I think it will be quite fun to watch. Remember Melrose Place? Everyone hated Heather Locklear, but at least she made that show a little more watchable...what would it have been without her? It seems like they needed someone there to spice things up a little. Sayid SHOULD hate her (I hope), Saywer and Jack may have some love interest in her, which would again cause soem problems with Sayid or Kate or whatever. However I must also say that I dont' want to watch this to see if Ross and Rachel will hook up or not. You know? I want to see what the mysteries are, not who will be the next to visit Sayid and Shannons love shack.

Also...in reference to Kate saying "do you believe in ghosts". Let me start by saying that I think that who ever wrote that Kate was raped by the man she killed was probably right. I think it must have been someone that had soem political presence or whatever. Enough to have someone tracking her to Austrailia, plus all the cops who showed up when she was with Mackenzie Astin (what was his name...Qboots?...). So seems like a viable thought that someoen did something horrible to her and rape seems likely (we've seen several times that she is not a touchy feely type of person). If she killed him and then Dr. Mackenzie got killed because of her, then the bank robbery guy she killed...lot of deaths that chick is piling up. And speaking of all that...what was up with her mother not wanting to see her? Could it have been her own father that she killed, perhaps for incest? Am I getting sidetracked? That is SOOOO unlike me. LEt me try to get back here again...

Perhaps Kate killed (her dad? someone in power? someone who raped her). We know the back stories are all related. We know that Sawyer WOULD be delusional with fever. So perhaps in his altered state Sawyer starts talking about someone (for example if he mentioned Frank Dibbs(?)). So when Kate says "do you believe in ghosts" it may be because she is THINKING that sawyer is "channelling" someone from her past. When in reality he may very well have known that person. Lets just pretend for a moment...lets say that the man Sawyer killed (was that Frank or wasn't that his real name...I forget) was Kates dad or something. So in his delusional state he may be mumbling Franks name and Kate recognises it. She would have no way of knowing HOW sawyer got that name and therefore "do you belive in ghosts" would be a way of explaining it. He grabs her doesnt' he? forcefully? So maybe he may have known her mother and says that name...I'm just giving examples of why she may ask "do you believe in ghosts"...not that those be the ACTUAL names or storylines, but trying to give examples to prove my hypothesis.

Just let me add...If it were me, I also would have tied Sayid to a tree...although probably for much different reasons that AL did
    Last edited by poutymouse; 11-27-2005 at 06:05 PM.

FORT Fan
    Just curious ... where is the speculation coming from that Kate was raped? Is it based on something or just pure speculation?

TIA.

+ Reply to Thread