+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

I have the feeling that TPTB of Las Vegas underestimated the audience's distate for the Monica character and that may have played a part in her demise.

I'm holding onto the tiniest hope that the Lost producers and writers may do the same with Ana Lucia. Hers is the only dreadful casting mistake that they have made IMO. I think the majority of the audience would be happy to see the last of her.

Quote Originally Posted by bell
    for kate, we saw the vulnerable & scared, helping jack stitch himself up, helping out other survivors first....and then later we see the selfish cold-calculating kate later.
    Good point! I have always liked Kate (to those who don't - sorry, please cover your eyes). She started off in my mind, as someone good - so even when she was depicted doing things I didn't like - I have been quick to forgive her. With AL, I started off not really liking her, then softened toward her (Other 48 days)- now, I don't like. She is probably the only one, I really don't care for anymore.

Florimel: I think they were pretty excited about casting MR, but... I remember Boone wasn't a favorite for some viewers, and, I don't care what TPTB say - his unpopularity must have contributed to his demise. Personally, I liked him.

What I don't like is the attitude "Ohhhh, it is sweeps time - let's kill someone off". But, if someone has to go next - OK with me to make it Ana Lucia!

shusie: This isn't a similarity but might be, I have always suspected Jack's wife Sarah- died pregnant, and that Jack's dad, had some part to play in it - which is why Jack did a turnabout when he heard the woman his father was operating on was pregnant. It changed everything for Jack, and he couldn't let his father get away with it. If that story plays out - then the pregnancy is a connection. AL lived, but Sara died. (maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    Florimel: I think they were pretty excited about casting MR, but... I remember Boone wasn't a favorite for some viewers, and, I don't care what TPTB say - his unpopularity must have contributed to his demise. Personally, I liked him.

What I don't like is the attitude "Ohhhh, it is sweeps time - let's kill someone off". But, if someone has to go next - OK with me to make it Ana Lucia!
    I also liked Boone, Mike'sgirl, and was disappointed when he was killed. I think the killing of Shannon, however, had more to do with negotiation difficulties with Maggie Grace than with sweeps.

I agree that they were probably excited about casting MR, but I think that was their big mistake. Can't expect them to be perfect.

Up until AL, I've liked all the characters to varying degrees. We each have our preferences. I'm quite fond of Charlie although I know some are not. It strains credibility to think that Ethan would have told them anything if Charlie hadn't killed him. That's one killing I had no problem with.

FORT Fanatic
    did anybody notice that AL might have 2 guns? there was one point when she was pointing a gun at sayid and u had a look at AL from behind and there was something in her jeans. it went away quick but it looked like another gun.

also, i think desmond is in danielles custody. he was running way too fast to keep in mind that she has the entire island booby trapped...

Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99
    I still don't understand that thing about Frank Duckett. Why was HIS voice heard as one of the whispers in the closed captioning? that's VERY ODD. Maybe the voices are really mental or the island is made up of people's past? Almost everyone on the island has had a death in their past (kate - killed people, sawyer - frank duckett, michael - walt's mother, etc.) i don't know. maybe just another crazy idea but i can't get that out of my head. someone needs to ask TPTB!!!
    If I remember correctly, Sawyer was hearing the whispers. And, then there is that quote from Frank Duckett that has haunted him. I think he imagined that, not that it was really part of the whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland
    did anybody notice that AL might have 2 guns? there was one point when she was pointing a gun at sayid and u had a look at AL from behind and there was something in her jeans. it went away quick but it looked like another gun.
    she did have two guns she still had the gun that she took from sawyer.
    Then she took the gun sayid had after his scuffle with Eko.

FORT Fanatic
    o yea i forgot sayid had a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Lea
    Hurley was missing.
    Hurley wasn't missing. He was with Kate and someone else when Kate was playing golf. Jack found a ball that she had hit and tried to tell her that she wasn't doing it right so Kate and Jack made a little wager. And she won by the way. Jack hit his ball clear into the woods. Kate followed him and that's when they saw Ekko carrying Sawyer.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

CCL
    When I saw that the answer to the clue "Ekido's friend" was Gilgamesh, I started searching online too. I don't know how literate the writers will take the story. Gilgamesh is mostly known for being the first story about the flood which experts think where the account of Noah's flood came from. So Gilgamesh is a story about survivors. Secondly, Enkido and Gilgamesh are more opposites. Gilgamesh is a king and part God. Enkido is a savage that communes with nature. Enkido came because Gilgamesh was too harsh with his people and they prayed for relief. That sounds more like the relationship of Ana and Eko than Locke and Eko. Because Eko and Locke's name are so much alike, I think they are each others counterparts in the two societies from the crash, not opposites.
    Whether any more is played out from the epic of Gilgamesh only time will tell. I know that Locke and Eko are supposed to work together in figuring out something from the Dharma filmstrip. I find it interesting that in the epic, the two go into the cedar forest to confront a monste that is controlling their country. It does sound like the writers are borrowing quite a bit from the epic.

Click to see Spoiler:
    NEXT WEEK on LOST~Wednesday, November 30 -- 9:00-10:04
    "What Kate Did" --Episode 2:09 Kate's original crime that started her life on the run is revealed. Meanwhile, the survivors lay one of their own to rest, Kate sleeplessly watches over a feverish Sawyer, and Mr. Eko has a surprise for Locke regarding the hatch. --KATE-- Guest starring: Francois Chau as Dr. Marvin Candle, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Frederic Lane as the marshal, Beth Broderick as Diane, Lindsey Ginter as Austen, James Horan as Wayne and J. Edward Sclafani as ticket agent. Written by Steven Maeda and Craig Wright. Directed by Paul Edwards. PROMO PICS
    CONFIRMED -- POST PRODUCTION

Wednesday, January 11 -- 9:00
    "Foundations" --Episode 2:10 --THE ISLAND--
    TENTATIVE -- UNKNOWN

Wednesday, January 18 -- 9:00
    "The Hunting Party" --Episode 2:11 --JACK--
    TENTATIVE -- UNKNOWN

Wednesday, January 25 -- 9:00
    "The 23rd Psalm" --Episode 2:12 --EKO--
    TENTATIVE -- UNKNOWN

Wednesday, February 1 -- 9:00
    "Just Rewards" --Episode 2:13 --SAWYER--