+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99
    I still don't understand that thing about Frank Duckett. Why was HIS voice heard as one of the whispers in the closed captioning? that's VERY ODD. Maybe the voices are really mental or the island is made up of people's past? Almost everyone on the island has had a death in their past (kate - killed people, sawyer - frank duckett, michael - walt's mother, etc.) i don't know. maybe just another crazy idea but i can't get that out of my head. someone needs to ask TPTB!!!
    xjeff...it seems like they've all either dealt with a death or have had an issue with their father...I think it's the latter. Every single one of them has had some sort of issue with their father, so maybe that's why they're all on this island together.

FORT Fanatic
    i like this episode. we see more on what happened to AL prior to crash.

i think she was a good caring cop before that 'shooting' happened where she ended up losing her baby. the way how she was greeted by that cop in her moms office and by her partner. it seems like everything was all good in her life - baby, bf/husband, a law enforcement career.

but after that shooting, her demons came out. her telling sayid that she believed and trusted the 'college kid'. it seemed she started to question 'trust' (we see it here on the island also of not trusting the 3, nathan and goodwin). she is on edge on everything. she lost her baby, her bf/husb left, her capt started to act as a mom instead, everyone was babying her. she wanted normalcy but because of the trauma - she cant have her normal life back. her revenge killing has affected her so much, her hesitation to answer sayid and the way shes avoiding it. now i want to know more after this. what happened after she killed the guy, how she ended up in australia, etc.

also want to know more on eko right now. he's now the only main character left with no backstory. but most likely we have to wait til early next year.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I don't like Little Miss Vigilante any better either. Her first instinct in any situation seems to be violence.

I'm afraid, though, that I see a bit of foreshadowoing of a relations developing beween Sayid and Ana-Lucia as the season goes on.

The reunion scenes between Bernard and Rose and between Sun and Jin touched my heart. So did Charlie's reaction to seeing them return.
    i think ALs violent nature came into effect after she got shot. i still dont think she was like this before. i guess this is how she deals with her traumatic experience.

i do see a sayid-AL relationship in the future. maybe not 'loving' but and understanding of each other. we saw that tonight. where she said she's 'alone' and 'dead'. and sayid too said he was dead inside. maybe both will go searching for the 'others'.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    AL, I do feel a tad more sorry for her, but really, she needs to get some sort of control and I think she was way out of control before the shooting/miscarriage too. And really, would she actually have her mother as her captain in L.A.??? I would think that would be frowned upon. I mean, gosh, we couldn't even have our mothers teach us in school here if they were teachers. We had to go in a different classroom. And this is the cops. The LAPD, the big time. I just find that particular scenario hard to swallow.
    but they didnt show her before the shooting where she ended up losing her baby. everything was after the fact. so we really dont know how she was before then.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    I am still completely confused by the whole Kate thing with the toy plane- I know that the toy plane was her last connection with that one guy, but I am still in the dark as to why she was in trouble to begin with before that.
    Like I said before. Given her reaction when Sawyer and Jack grab her, I'm thinking she was raped and instead of reporting him and letting the law handle it, she did what AL did. She killed the guy. Therefore the feds wouldn't know what the victim did to deserve dying and they think she murdered him in cold blood. I don't know why the feds would be involved, though unless her attacker was one of them and that's why she didn't turn him in because she knew that he would get off. His men wouldn't let him go to jail no matter what.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by jette66
    xjeff...it seems like they've all either dealt with a death or have had an issue with their father...I think it's the latter. Every single one of them has had some sort of issue with their father, so maybe that's why they're all on this island together.
    Sorry for the double post. Wow, I never thought of that jett. They really have all (so far) had a death or an issue with their father. We don't know about Rose and Bernard yet but think about it. Jin had to deal with (was it Sun's father or his own?) Sawyer's dad killed himself because of the real Sawyer (his dad also killed his mom), Locke's "dad" stole his kidney and then refused to speak with him later, Jack's dad was a lush on the job who committed suicide, Shannon's dad died but we don't know much about their relationship before that happened and now we never will. Don't know anything about Charlie's dad or Claire's. But they all have had a death except (from what they've shown so far) Jin & Sun, Bernard & Rose, Charlie, Claire and Locke. Maybe they will show some of these connections soon. I can't wait to see a softer, more compassionate side of Sawyer instead of this stubborn, proud arrogant Sawyer. We started to see it a little when he and Michael were alone on the raft desperate to find Walt and Jin but I want to see more. I know that beneath that rough exterior, there's a heart of compassion just waiting to reveal itself.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

A question for those who watch for clues or taped this episode. I am a huge Adewale fan. Love him, love his acting. When Locke was doing the crossword, was the clue Ekido's friend? It made me think of Mr. Eko immediately. What were the other clues on the crossword puzzle? Maybe these were clues the writers are trying to give the viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I'm afraid, though, that I see a bit of foreshadowoing of a relations developing beween Sayid and Ana-Lucia as the season goes on.
    I was thinking the same thing and I hope it doesn't work out that way.

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    Strange but I didn't really like this episode.

Something is missing, I just can't put my finger on it.

Something is NOT right in today's episode.

"puts on the thinking cap"

I don't actually see Jack and A/L together, just don't feel any chemistry between them. Yet. And, mistake or not, she killed Shannon. It's something that is not very easy to forgive and forget.

maybe in a very strange twist Sayid and A/L end up together? They both have a tragedy in the past that they would like to forget.

By the way it will be interesting to see A/l's reaction when she sees Aaron. She is soooo touchy and sensitive when it comes to kids.
    Hurley was missing.

A couple things. First, two numbers sightings.

1. AL was on leave for 4 months.
    2. AL got shot 4 times in the chest before falling down. (I think....)

Also, Locke was writing "Gilgamesh" into the crossword when Jack ran in, I think.

+ Reply to Thread