+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Have to admit - I stepped back after last week's initial enthusiasm for AL. As soon as I saw her refuse to acknowledge the guy who shot her, when they knew they had him; I knew she was planning to kill him. She didn't want him to go to trial or jail; she has no control over her emotions at all. Ruthless, when under the hormones. (ETA: sorry, meant her emotions - not hormones).

Desmond and how did he get on the island? Could he have been in the plane that had the heroin...that boone/locke found?
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    And apparently AL is no longer a cop. She tells Sayid, I am a cop, well, I was.
    I guess since she's a main cast member now we'll get another Ana-Lucia-centric episode eventually. So we'll find out what happened with her career, and what she was doing on the plane, and we'll see if she has any previous connections with any of the other survivors.

I'm sad that none of the characters mentioned Cindy. I know The Others were abducting a lot of the tailies in the early days, but the last 5 tailies were together for 48 days - you'd think Cindy's absence would bother them a bit.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

ABC previews - Sawyer mumbles "I love her." Jack asks, "You mean Kate?"
    Kate is leaning over Sawyer and says his name. He awakens and grabs the back of her head. Kate looks startled. Then we see Jack finding her face down on the floor.

This was interesting to me.
    Announcer: Everything you thought you knew about this woman's past...
    Kate: "Do you believe in ghosts?"
    Announcer : ...will change."

Sounds crazy but I'm wondering if Sawyer could somehow be channeling a "ghost" from Kate's past when he grabs her. That is a little far-fetched. Perhaps she is reminded of her "ghost" when he grabs her so forcefully.
    Last edited by lildago; 11-23-2005 at 10:58 PM. Reason: another thought
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MRD
    Wow, this was a great episode. I think best so far this year. This was like last year's show with a fast paced storyline. Some humor, some action, some sadness (I got tears too over both Sayid holding Shannon and the Bernard/Rose and Sun/Jin reunion).

Writers if you read these boards: MORE SHOWS LIKE THIS ONE!!!!

I think Eko is a priest. Nigerian maybe? I am sure thinking there is some connection with him and the Nigerian priests/smugglers from the plane Boone and Locke found. Am thinking he was raised in the "bush", was educated by missionaries, converted and then became a Catholic priest. He looked at the guns and refused to take Locke to the others knowing that the guns would create more violence. I can't wait to see his backstory.

AL, I do feel a tad more sorry for her, but really, she needs to get some sort of control and I think she was way out of control before the shooting/miscarriage too. And really, would she actually have her mother as her captain in L.A.??? I would think that would be frowned upon. I mean, gosh, we couldn't even have our mothers teach us in school here if they were teachers. We had to go in a different classroom. And this is the cops. The LAPD, the big time. I just find that particular scenario hard to swallow.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fanatic
    i just want to clear up something for myself, in the scene before the commercial where ana lucia and sayid are in the jungle facing opposite each other and we get a view from above, is it just the camera angle, or are they trying to make us think that someone is in the trees looking down on them?

Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland
    i just want to clear up something for myself, in the scene before the commercial where ana lucia and sayid are in the jungle facing opposite each other and we get a view from above, is it just the camera angle, or are they trying to make us think that someone is in the trees looking down on them?
    Good question, I didn't quite catch that, but I am sure we won't know until next week! I can only say that so far, the writers have never let us see "the other's" perspective so far, so if it is someone looking at them, it will be a first!
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    Desmond and how did he get on the island? Could he have been in the plane that had the heroin...that boone/locke found?
    Who knows, and if you do, tell us! And on that line, where is Desmond!!?
    Go Tigers!

Count me as one of those blubbering at the Rose/Bernard reunion.

IMHO this has been the best show on TV for the last two years. It has great writing and character development. It makes you think and remember things from episode to episode.

I, for one, love A-L. She is such a new type of character for a TV show. What other show has a female be the leader and a good/bad person at the same time. I mean, she just murdered a guy in cold blood. She pumped 3-4 bullets in his chest, then walked up and pumped 3 more. A-L comes across has having no warmth with cold, unfeeling eyes and kick-butt attitude. Yet, I've seen her on interviews and she has warm eyes and a GREAT smile. So for everyone who can't stand her character.....I guess it's called acting.
    If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

+ Reply to Thread