+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I'm not sure about one of Jerry's girlfriends or not (although now that you mention it...) but she did play on the short lived "Titus" and she was Drew Carey's girlfriend on the final season or two of the Drew Carey Show.

I'm sorry there must have been a misunderstanding when I wrote the numbers had no significance. I know that the numbers keep popping up because its a major story line...however it seems strange that they chose numbers and have no REASON for those particular numbers, thats all. They must equate to something. I am just disappointed to hear that they have no meaning.

Mikesgirl Could you imagine Molly on the island? But what about whats-his-face...Micheal Ian Black? Perhaps he could set up shop with Sawyer and try to make a quick buck selling some genuine Corinthian coconuts or the like? Sorry for all those trying to follow...Nathan played Mike on Ed. Sarah(Julie Bowen) played on Ed also but her name is eluding me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    I like the psychologist, though. She looks so familiar. Did she play one of Jerry's girlfriends on Seinfeld?
    IMDB doesn't have her as a guest on Seinfeld.
    She was on spincity though for an episode, and like poutymouse mentioned on titus and drew carey.

I saw a suggestion somewhere recently that Locke's father might be the real Sawyer that our Sawyer is looking for. I've been thinking about this and it strikes me as an interesting possibility.

Father's name is Anthony Cooper. A cooper is a barrel maker and a sawyer is one who saws wood. His manipulation of Locke could be viewed as a con.

If Mr. Cooper pulled off some really big con that accounts for his current wealth, it could explain the name change and the extreme security measures around his home.

Well, it's just one more off-the-wall theory. Has anyone else theorized something like this?

poutymouse: Julie Bowen played Carol Vessy (not sure about the spelling) and I agree "Phil" would be hysterical teamed up with Hurley!

Thanks for reminding me where I saw Libby - it was driving me crazy until you mentioned Drew Carey.

I've been wondering about Bernard in the seat up in the tree. Didn't Rose say that Bernard was at the toilet at the back of the plane. Remember how quickly the plane broke up. How did he manage to find an empty seat AND strap himself in, in such a short space of time?
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse
    Anyone else expecting Ed Cavanaugh to pop up somewhere? Just me?
    You mean Tom Cavanagh, who played Ed Stevens. And yes, I'd like to see him pop up. Lately I've only seen him on banking commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I saw a suggestion somewhere recently that Locke's father might be the real Sawyer that our Sawyer is looking for. I've been thinking about this and it strikes me as an interesting possibility.

Well, it's just one more off-the-wall theory. Has anyone else theorized something like this?
    Yup. I did. In this very thread, way back on Oct. 10:
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Just a note about Alvar Hanso. On the Hanso website he is described as a "philanthropist with a deep-seated sense of humility". Sounds like the very polar opposite of Anthony Cooper. And I can't remember the exact phrasing (I need to rewatch the episode) but Cooper told Locke that he had conned him, and had conned others before him. He's more likely to be the guy who conned Sawyer's parents than Alvar Hanso.

And Belfastgirl: if you read the comments after last week's episode you'll see that quite a few people commented on Bernard being strapped into his seat, just like Charlie who was in one of the forward bathrooms when the turbulence started.
    Last edited by Qboots; 11-21-2005 at 02:49 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Yup. I did. In this very thread, way back on Oct. 10:
    Oh. Apologies, Qboots. I try to read this thread in its entirety, but I must have missed that. I shall look for your 10/10 thread.

And Belfastgirl: if you read the comments after last week's episode you'll see that quite a few people commented on Bernard being strapped into his seat, just like Charlie who was in one of the forward bathrooms when the turbulence started.

Thanks Qboots, must have missed those comments

I'm really trying to stay interested this season but the story is moving way too slow for me and it's mentally draining to keep up with all the innuendos and hidden messages. I'm glad all of you have such good memories because I sure can't remember half the stuff you theorize about. This message board is the only thing that helps keep me up to speed, so thanks everyone!

I suppose the story is quite slow this season, with only 2-3 days covered already and the different threads are only now coming together, so we've a lot of time to cover if the end of this season is day 80.

+ Reply to Thread