+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    lostlinks has a new translation of the whispers in the jungle for anyone interested:
    http://www.lostlinks.net/whispers.htm
    They have a page for Message Boards on that site, which has to be the most comprehensive list of links and resources I've seen for LOST. It's overwhelming, to say the least, but if anyone is looking for more info on the show or to research something in particuliar, it's a smorgasbord. I think FORT is the only site not listed on there.

Just found a link on there for some really nice LOST avatars.
    Last edited by muggle; 11-19-2005 at 01:16 PM.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs
    I know they wouldn't do this, but I would LOVE to see the kids backstory, Emma and her brother (don't know his name)
    I believe his name is Zack.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    What they need to do in the next hiatus is to sit down, go over their scripts and then work out something that does account for everything and keep to that plan. It isn't totally too late yet... they could even read some suggestions here that might help... I can see that they might not have expected quite the phenomenon that they've got, but I hope they now feel some obligation to the fans to make sure they don't let us down...too badly.
    I'd even suggest they employ Qboots as a consultant, except I don't want Q to stop posting here!
    Aw heck, I'm sure I could manage both. I think their big problem is that they have so many different writers. They really do need someone to coordinate all the scripts and avoid continuity mistakes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bell
    and the part where eko says "lucia made a mistake" and then jack says "what did you say?" looks like 2 different scenes or conversation where they edited it together to look like one scene for this preview. because if this is the same conversation - i really dont think jack has the balls to talk back to eko...lol.
    When Jack says "What did you say?" I took it to mean he recognized Ana-Lucia's name - from the meeting in the airport lounge. We shall see.

As for reunions to look forward to, I really hope The Others didn't take Cindy. I want to see her reunion with Charlie. "Hey! Aren't you the bloke I was chasing up the aisle just before the crash?"
    Last edited by Qboots; 11-19-2005 at 06:03 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but this thread is so long I could have missed it

Anyway, I've been wondering if Eko could be a priest or minister.
    Very tenuous reasoning is this, dark suit (no tie), concern for retrieving dead out of the water at a very early stage, his 40 day silence after the others attack and this reaction after he killed 2 of them. I'm also sure I read somewhere that his stick which he's been carving is significant.
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Apologies if this has already been discussed, but this thread is so long I could have missed it

Anyway, I've been wondering if Eko could be a priest or minister.
    Very tenuous reasoning is this, dark suit (no tie), concern for retrieving dead out of the water at a very early stage, his 40 day silence after the others attack and this reaction after he killed 2 of them. I'm also sure I read somewhere that his stick which he's been carving is significant.
    He could be.

But something that seems odd to me was his quick 'turn to the wild', so to speak. He seemed to easily adapt to his surroundings, at least moreso than the other survivors. As of right now, I'd say Eko is the person we know the least of, but we want to know the most of!

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I know this is a little after the fact, but I just read all of last week's posts. I am pretty mad about the comments concerning the fans over-analyzing the show! You put things into the show like Dharma logos and backstories showing glimpses of our characters where you least expect them, then say we are over-analyzing?! If they didn't want all us losties going frame by frame then why start putting things in for us to spot to begin with? I don't want to believe that they have no reason behind the numbers! It seems like this is the ONE continuity that they have! These numbers keep popping up, and they have no explanation for them? Just some random numbers to make us go crazy?

Anyone else expecting Ed Cavanaugh to pop up somewhere? Just me?

As much as the Ethan killing bothered me (seemed way way too easy), it seemed like Nathan had some signifacance. The whole going potty for 2 hours on the plane and on the island, and the desire to be alone, seemed odd. Was he there simply as a red herring?

I am one of the rarities that like AL. Take no crap. Sorry! I just find her almost as amusing as Hurley when she was with Sawyer. I was laughing so hard my husband thought I had changed channels when AL said "he has a broken handcuff on his wrist" and Eko replied "I'm not sure that is a trait"!! C'mon none of you found that worth posting as a quotable line? Right up there with "cluck you".

Sorry but I don't know what TPTB means, can someone tell me? Also when you Edit and write ETA what does that mean?

I thought this was the best show of the season actually and maybe because my hopes were pretty low going into it. I thought it would be a lame attempt to drag out the "who shot Shannon" thing. I was very happy to see that there was alot more than just fillers! I can't wait until Wednesdays episode when my man will confront AL!

I think I a may go way of Lambikins. I read all the spoilers before watching the show. Last week my computer was down so I didn't read too much. It was actually more enjoyable. However, Instant Gratification wins over every time and I feel the need to read the spoilers!

I thought the others attacked EKo, not the other way around. Didn't AL or someone say "they tried to attack 3 of us last night"?

I can forgive the writers for a few mistakes like Shannons age. When there are so many sub plots going on it must be hard to keep everything straight (unless, of course, you are Qboots) However I find it just plain stupid to start a mystery (ie polar bears, monsters, tunnels under the hatch, black smoke etc etc etc) without having some grand plan of where you are going to go with it. Don't have a monster just to have a monster. The show is too good for that kind of cop-out. I'm sure the Dharma Initiave will hold the answers but it seems as though it will be anti-climactic after all this time.

Sorry but I don't know what TPTB means, can someone tell me? Also when you Edit and write ETA what does that mean?
    TBTB = The Powers That Be
    ETA = Edited To Add
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Aw heck, I'm sure I could manage both. I think their big problem is that they have so many different writers. They really do need someone to coordinate all the scripts and avoid continuity mistakes, etc.
    Exactly why they need you! Or a Q-clone! As poutymouse said:

"I can forgive the writers for a few mistakes like Shannons age. When there are so many sub plots going on it must be hard to keep everything straight (unless, of course, you are Qboots) However I find it just plain stupid to start a mystery (ie polar bears, monsters, tunnels under the hatch, black smoke etc etc etc) without having some grand plan of where you are going to go with it. Don't have a monster just to have a monster. The show is too good for that kind of cop-out. I'm sure the Dharma Initiave will hold the answers but it seems as though it will be anti-climactic after all this time."

BUt then they'd probably have you sign a contract that you couldn't analyze for us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse
    Anyone else expecting Ed Cavanaugh to pop up somewhere? Just me?
    That would be me I would love to se Ed again, or Molly

I am pretty mad about the comments concerning the fans over-analyzing the show!
    Actually, that was my reaction at first too, then I was amused because, .... well, this is my favorite show, I talk about it a lot and.... even my husband says I obsess over it. So, maybe I do - so what I say! I love it, and I am having fun. As long as I am enjoying - let them say whatever!

I think the numbers are very significant, and they can't say anything about them at all, or they would giveaway an important part of the show. Someone associated with the show (don't remember who) said that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the number 23 is particularly sigificant
    I don't think TPTB were implying that there was no signicance. If that was the case, they wouldn't be using them all the time. 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 has so much significance, that they can't come up with even a harmless suggestion, without really spoiling the show.

So, I say let them say whatever they want about us! (puts hands ears, hums "sticks and stones.....lalalalalala I can't hear you!)

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    When they said the numbers have no significance, I didn't take that to mean that they weren't important, just that the particular numbers they chose might be random...like they could have chosen 7 instead of 8, and we still would find some mystical connection. I don't mean to sound like a lackey of the producers, but I just don't find all these things as disturbing as some of the rest of you do. Of course, the comment about how we over-analyze things IS a bit disturbing - as Poutymouse said above, why put things in for us if you think we're crazy for looking for them??

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse
    I am one of the rarities that like AL.
    I'm glad to know I'm in the majority in disliking her, then.

I like the psychologist, though. She looks so familiar. Did she play one of Jerry's girlfriends on Seinfeld?

+ Reply to Thread