+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Nathan: He had absolutely no answer when Ana Lucia and (the flight attendant) asked him point blank as to why they hadn't seen him on the plane. Personally, I haven't ruled him out as being an Other. Just because Goodwin snapped his neck, doesn't necessarily mean Nathan was from the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjay
    I've completely lost faith that we're progressing toward any kind of logical, satisfying conclusion.
    Why? Are they suppose to lay the whole thing out in front of us?

I think the creators have admitted to having some open ends, but I bet they have a core plot line that will slowly be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99

p.s.: did anyone see my post above about flashbacks coming up?
    i think next week is an ana lucia flashback episode. to me, that seems to make the most sense, since she did just shoot shannon. there is probably a lot for us still to learn about her.

by the time i managed to read everything, almost every point i was going to make has already been made . I am starting to get slightly perturbed by the discontinuity in the show. It's never been quite as bad until late. The producers/writers should have a timeline writen out, so that they can have a quick and dirty place to rely on information.

mind you, maybe i'm putting too much thought into it at least mistakes don't get by us?

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,...00.html?fdnews
    "Lost" Finds Its Calling

by Gina Serpe
    Nov 17, 2005, 9:00 AM PT

Lost has already made its mark on the small screen. Now it's heading to the really small screen.

The Emmy-winning series is launching its first spinoff, Lost Video Diaries, to play exclusively on mobile phones beginning early next year, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Producers will shoot roughly 20 mobisodes--mobile phone episodes, that is--in all, with each one just several minutes long.

The miniseries will introduce two new characters who have been stranded on Mystery Island alongside the regular cast, with prime-time episodes informing the duo's weekly story lines. (Per the body count at the Sledgeweb Lost fansite, there are 46 adults left from the plane crash, plus Claire's baby, but only 17 of them get significant face time, leaving plenty of room for newbies.)

Production on the mobisodes kicks off in Hawaii next month, though under different supervision than the ABC show.

Executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse will solely oversee the Lost Video Diaries, with regular series producers ABC and Touchstone Television not involved.

There's no word yet on which carrier will nab the exclusive rights to the phone series, though Verizon's VCast is the current front-runner on the soon-to-be-completed deal, due to an ongoing relationship with Disney, which owns ABC.

Should the Lost Video Diaries find their home with Verizon, it's unclear whether the episodes would be covered in the $15 per month VCast content subscription or if they would fall under the category of "premium content" and be priced at 99 cents a pop.

It's also likely that the mobispodes would become available for iPods after the show's exclusivity deal with a mobile phone service expires. Regular episodes can already be downloaded from the iTunes Music Store for 99 cents. (Apple announced this week that Lost is the most popular of all programs available on the iTunes Music Store.)

But Lost isn't the first show to make the move to mobile phones.

Last year, Fox's 24 partnered with Vodafone and spun off its own cell series, 24: Conspiracy.

Twenty four 60-second episodes were produced and made available for download last spring through Verizon's VCast service. Unlike the new Lost series, however, the story line in 24: Conspiracy was thematically similar to its Kiefer Sutherland-manned counterpart, but not derived from it.

The new cell phone series isn't the only side project Lost producers have up their sleeves.

Earlier this month, ABC announced plans to introduce a subplot to the show about a character named Gary Troup, a fictitious author who died in the crash of Oceanic Flight 815, but not before he dropped off a manuscript with his publisher.

ABC teamed with Hyperion Books to publish the supposed manuscript, titled Bad Twin, which will be written by a name-brand author with guidance from show writers.

The mystery book focuses on a rich heir's search for his devious sibling, and hits stores this spring.
    I just read this article. my oh my, i don't know what to say.
    Last edited by canadian_angel; 11-18-2005 at 06:20 PM.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99
    Does anyone know or can find out who's backstory/flashbacks are the next few episodes about? without giving away spoilers or anything? like I know AL will be coming but when? and what about the weeks before? do we get an Eko or Libby? or maybe a rose/bernard? no one knows why they were in australia yet

Here you go. Courtesy www.spoilerfix.com and www.tv.com. Dont worry, there's no info given away here, just the dates/titles of the eps and who they focus on.

Click to see Spoiler:

Episode 2.08: Collision
    Airdate: November 23, 2005
    Ana-Lucia-centric

Episode 2.09: What Kate Did
    Airdate: November 30, 2005
    Kate-centric

Episode 2.10: Merged
    Airdate: December 14, 2005
    ?????-centric (not known at this time)

Episode 2.11: The Hunting Party
    Airdate: January 11, 2006

Episode 2.12: TBA
    Airdate: January 18, 2006
    Last edited by Canada Champ; 11-18-2005 at 06:18 PM.

Hope everyone is sitting down.

According to E (Kristin) after the Nov. 30th show, RERUNS until Jan. 11th.

FORT Fanatic
    hello im kind of new here but i have read this entire thread. i love this show and I am piecing it together as it goes along, a few points to make:

1. this is concerning the polar bear and the shark, and any other dharma branded animals or animals in the wrong habitat on the island. if you go onto one of the fake sites (i.e. the hanso foundation one), and look at all the projects, zoology is listed as one of them...

2. this is about mr eko. if you get a chance, look at his left shoulder. i thought i saw a dharma logo on there but i think i am just nuts.

3. this is concerning the radio. when bernard went on the radio, he turned it on and it was connected to the airplane. does this mean that someone who was flying the airplane was communicating with someone on the island?

4. why did the hatch have such a big door that it took dynamite to open it? were the original people who were inside the hatch afraid of something coming in and finding them?

maybe everything happened for a reason like locke has said. maybe they were meant to find the hatch, find the boat with the dynamite, blow open the hatch, and find all of its contents inside. yay this show is the best.

by the way, am i crazy or does anybody think that alias and lost could be related in some way (both jj abrams shows)?

Welcome, lostonanisland! Glad you could join the fun!

Good point about the radio. The original group had Sayid, who new how to triangulate a signal. Bernard just seemed to turn it on and it magically had the same frequency as Boone in the airplane. It's a pretty incredible coincidence that he caught Boone on the radio in the first place if he was turning it on a couple of minutes a day!

Another thing about Eko - he went from being well-dressed in a suit to wearing a loincloth, practically. I didn't really understand his "journey" and I hope he gets a good flashback episode soon.

I don't watch Alias, but I was flipping channels and they definitely have the same musician doing the soundtrack.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    What was the contents of the box that they found again? I remember there being the radio, a bible, and a few other things. What were they? I seem to be drawing a blank here.

There was a glass eye.

There's a Lost Wikipedia with lots of good details if anyone wants to refresh their memory or research a point. (Not aimed at you, CC! ) I especially like the timeline because it's hard to keep from going nuts when thinking about the timeline.

http://tviv.org/wiki/Lost/Timeline

(It's not wikipedia directly; this is put together by members of another forum.)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    I read somewhere (I wish I could remember where - perhaps the Lost companion book??) an interview with producers that they started with the concept of people being stranded on an island. Then they conceived the final episode, so they know exactly where they're going. But because they don't know how many seasons they have to get there (ie - will it continue to be a hit?), they are writing it as they go. I specifically remember the comment that the producers felt the show wouldn't really "hit its stride" until the second or third season. So although I wish they had all their details straight, I also know that a show like this is a HUGE machine and different people write different episodes, etc. I'm willing ot forgive it because the drama is SO good and I have faith that, regardless of the details in between, we're going to get a damn good ending!

FORT Fanatic
    i think also in the case in the bunker is what at first glance looked like the same type of clothing that the others were wearing when they attacked the second time and took the children. if you match up the clothing in the case to the clothing the other killed by AL was wearing, it looks the same.

+ Reply to Thread