+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

I know they wouldn't do this, but I would LOVE to see the kids backstory, Emma and her brother (don't know his name) or Walt with a mixture of what they are currently doing on the island. I would love to see everything from the child's viewpoint and then we could actually get a look at some of the Others. Wishful thinking, I know, but I think that could be an amazing ep!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bell
    and show where nathan really was on the plane and why he wasnt seen - was he in the lav for how long like he went missing for 2 hrs using the potty.
    MAYBE... Nathan from Canada was a pal of Ethan's from Canada, and there are a 2nd group of Others on the island. Goodwin said he was "bad" because his group was at "war" with the Canadian Others (who are always 5 minutes ahead of everyone ).

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Yeah, a bit depressing these recent posts about their continuity errors, and not being sure what the numbers will mean. And here I thought they had a very clever thoroughly worked out plan we were deciphering....
    It does appear the TPTB (Damon Lindelof and Carton Cuse) have backed themselves into a brick wall. More and more interviews keep poping up that appear to make them look a bit overwhelmed with this story.
    This is going to be a longhaul.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    First of all, I would like to thank everyone who put all the details of the episode in here...I was out Wed. night for my anniversary and my stupid recorder only recorded 23 minutes of the show (and no, I didn't set it for that and it wasn't the end of the tape, either--have no idea why it did that), so I saw most of the last half of the show, but not the end (and not the first half hour). Can't wait to see it in reruns (and on DVD when Season 2 comes out).

To the people who pointed this out: " DAY 41 - Boone comes on the radio!!!!! Bernard says "we're the survivors of oceanic 815" " THANK YOU! I completely forgot about Boone and the radio...I was wondering who that was.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Wow, I just read someone's theory that ties a lot of unexplained things together . If you're of a scientific bent, give it a read.

It's not spoilers, just speculation based on what's been seen so far.

Wow! That is a cool read! Thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by fougette
    I actually thought he said to her "You waited 40 years to cry", because I remembered thinking he would respond "40 days" to her. Did anyone else notice that, or was I actually nodding off at that point...
    You were nodding off.
    Tigergirl had it right.

FORT Newbie
    Yeah, a bit depressing these recent posts about their continuity errors, and not being sure what the numbers will mean. And here I thought they had a very clever thoroughly worked out plan we were deciphering....
    I've completely lost faith that we're progressing toward any kind of logical, satisfying conclusion. What I expect, instead, is a couple of seasons of high-budget arbitrary wierdness before the bubble bursts and they call it quits. IMO the show is in pure, mindless, pander to the audience, franchise mode.

Like Alias after the first season

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    MAYBE... Nathan from Canada was a pal of Ethan's from Canada, and there are a 2nd group of Others on the island. Goodwin said he was "bad" because his group was at "war" with the Canadian Others (who are always 5 minutes ahead of everyone ).
    Dude, that had me rolling!! Too funny, 'always five minutes ahead', hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Cjay
    I've completely lost faith that we're progressing toward any kind of logical, satisfying conclusion. What I expect, instead, is a couple of seasons of high-budget arbitrary wierdness before the bubble bursts and they call it quits. IMO the show is in pure, mindless, pander to the audience, franchise mode.
    Good point. It would be neat if a US show could at least once follow the pattern of many UK shows, which often run for 2 or 3 seasons and then end as planned, even if the ratings are doing great. Here we just try to drag it on until it's a dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M
    I just assumed that he was in the loo, when the first bit of turbulence hit he came out and started walking forward back to his seat. But then another jolt of turbulence hit and he took the first available seat (looked to me like it was an aisle seat based on a person sitting to his left - I could be way off on this tho). So if he was in a seat in the back trying to "wait out" the turbulence when the plane split apart, he'd become a tailie.

As always, just my two cents, which, when adjusted for inflation, is quite useless ;-)
    This was exactly what Charlie did.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    It does appear the TPTB (Damon Lindelof and Carton Cuse) have backed themselves into a brick wall. More and more interviews keep poping up that appear to make them look a bit overwhelmed with this story.
    This is going to be a longhaul.
    What they need to do in the next hiatus is to sit down, go over their scripts and then work out something that does account for everything and keep to that plan. It isn't totally too late yet... they could even read some suggestions here that might help... I can see that they might not have expected quite the phenomenon that they've got, but I hope they now feel some obligation to the fans to make sure they don't let us down...too badly.
    I'd even suggest they employ Qboots as a consultant, except I don't want Q to stop posting here!

+ Reply to Thread