+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Yeah, a bit depressing these recent posts about their continuity errors, and not being sure what the numbers will mean. And here I thought they had a very clever thoroughly worked out plan we were deciphering....

Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99
    from what we saw AL never told the tailies who he was and THEY were never told that the group was called "The Others". So Eko couldn't have known what Jin was talking about, unless he interpreted it as "other people on island". Prob just a writer screw up
    We can't possibly know every word, of every conversation, that might have taken place. The writers were forced to give us an entire season, in just 1 hour, it could only be shown as a recap. But, even though we didn't see/hear AL explain what happened, I think the general assumption, that AL eventually fingered the right guy, and that there is another group of people (that were not on the plane), also living on the island was conveyed and I think they did an awesome job explaining it.

And, I agree - the writers are not as "in" to details as we are. But,.... they actually think we are obsessive.

no i agree with you PWS that he was an other like Ethan, but i'm just saying that from what we saw AL never told the tailies who he was and THEY were never told that the group was called "The Others". So Eko couldn't have known what Jin was talking about, unless he interpreted it as "other people on island". Prob just a writer screw up
    I wouldn't get hung up on names like "The Others"... I'm sure Eko was just assuming that Jin meant it as the same "They" that the tailies had already been talking about with them ("That's where THEY come from").

Also, just you can't assume that AL never told the tailies who Goodwin was just because we didn't see her do it
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    And, I agree - the writers are not as "in" to details as we are. But,.... they actually think we are obsessive.
    I don't know... I think they led us on a bit at the start implying there would be a logical explanation for everything from polar bears to "things' that pick up pilots and kill them. So of course we would assume the numbers are included....

FORT Fan
    yea i can't wait until they revisit the 'monster' theme again. The whole monster thing changed SO much throughout the first season that I am thinking it's a psychological thing. First everyone thought it was a dinosaur, and then a boar, then just black smoke, and then a machine (in s1's finales), and now we haven't seen/heard of it yet this season.

FORT Fanatic
    Does anyone know or can find out who's backstory/flashbacks are the next few episodes about? without giving away spoilers or anything? like I know AL will be coming but when? and what about the weeks before? do we get an Eko or Libby? or maybe a rose/bernard? no one knows why they were in australia yet
    i know for sure kates backstory is on nov 30.

AL should be coming up anytime soon also along with charlies. those are the only 2 i know should be coming up. also producers mentioned that there should be another jack story some time but dont know when...but again im sure he'll have several before season ends.

as for libby and rose/bernard...i doubt theyll have any backstory cause theyre considered as recurring guests and not main actors of the show. but i would like an episode this season where they pretty much focus on the other survivors - libby, bernard/rose, the other 30 something from the other group, the kids, cindy/pilots/other flight attendents (maybe what happened the 2 hours when plane went off course, pretty much setting would be the airplane/airport - showing survivors and deceased arriving or seating - like what they did in finale of last season - but with everyone, and crew, and what happened before the crash)

but im sure eko will have one cause he along with AL from tail section are pretty much considered main characters along with the usual from the other survivors. im looking forward to these 2 backstories cause both went thru and ordeal that jack and co didn't. see what their lives before flight 815 and how they are dealing with it now - one emotionally aggressive the other has a calm exterior but when pushed can be deadly.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bell
    but i would like an episode this season where they pretty much focus on the other survivors - libby, bernard/rose, the other 30 something from the other group, the kids, cindy/pilots/other flight attendents (maybe what happened the 2 hours when plane went off course, pretty much setting would be the airplane/airport - showing survivors and deceased arriving or seating - like what they did in finale of last season - but with everyone, and crew, and what happened before the crash)
    very interesting, they might do that and if fact the speculation is true that libby might be a mole/other, that might be a good episode to show that libby wasn't on the plane or maybe she was on the plane but was planted there as an other or something like that.

FORT Fanatic
    and show where nathan really was on the plane and why he wasnt seen - was he in the lav for how long like he went missing for 2 hrs using the potty. cause if AL was walking around in the back section she wouldve missed him if he was 'elsewhere'. and theres cindy the flight attendent who said shes pretty good with faces. was he in another lav doing drugs like charlie, banging another flight attendent, etc. cause he was very evasive through out the show - which was suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl

My favorite moment of the episode - AL saying, "You waited 40 days to Speak??" Eko says, "You waited 40 days to cry." Awwwwwwwww!!!!
    I actually thought he said to her "You waited 40 years to cry", because I remembered thinking he would respond "40 days" to her. Did anyone else notice that, or was I actually nodding off at that point...
    It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got...

I don't think we will ever see one program devoted to the 30 or so survivors that we have not yet met yet. As long as we have not yet met them, the writers can introduce them into the story line at any time, and since we have not yet met them, they are not locked into using any specific actors. They can cast and introduce the characters as the need arises. Some of them may eventually be elevated to principal status, and others may arrive and be killed off as fast as that teacher with the dynamite.

But, for a show that intends to keep going for five years (or more) there has to be some believable source of new blood to replace the Boones and Shannons and Ethans and...

+ Reply to Thread