+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fan
    Does anyone know or can find out who's backstory/flashbacks are the next few episodes about? without giving away spoilers or anything? like I know AL will be coming but when? and what about the weeks before? do we get an Eko or Libby? or maybe a rose/bernard? no one knows why they were in australia yet

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Wow, I just read someone's theory that ties a lot of unexplained things together here. If you're of a scientific bent, give it a read.

It's not spoilers, just speculation based on what's been seen so far.
    Brilliant find, hepcat! At last!!! A link I can follow and NOT be spoiled!!! Thank YOU, for that treat.

Re: the knife, I agree with the other posters that whatever a person's "into", they'll know. When I was designing china displays for Dayton-Hudson, I could not only 'nail' the manufacturer and the year, but the season the pattern was introduced: spring/summer/fall/winter. You know what you know, which further confirms that A.L. is either a Military Brat (could have held/known her dad's old U.S. Army knife), or she is in an enforcement occupation and she collects old war memorabilia. Even with self-protection classes, she's waaaaay too versed in survival to have it be casual.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cpp_nh
    Wasn't the plane that Locke/Boone found filled with fake Nigerian priests? And Mr. Eko is supposed to be Nigerian? Maybe there's a link there... or maybe I dreamed it all up.

I'm a little disappointed that AL didnt use her detective skills sooner to realize Goodwin wasn't wet... What made her remember that after all that time? I can't remember what someone was wearing 40 days ago. But whatever.

What does it mean that there's a military knife on the island? Are we to believe that this is a whole US Military conspiracy thing? What does the Arrow bunker do for psychological study? What number is that bunker?
    My husband noted last night during the show that the US military has never issued a folding "pocket" type knife. He said what they showed last night was NOT a miltary knife.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I think you are probably right in what you say, bell. However, I don't respond positively to someone who "beats the crap" out of people. She is definitely a leader type, but a good leader listens to other opinions; something I don't believe she does. I just don't think they will be able to make her likable for me.

But we all have our favorite and not so favorite characters. Everyone has at least one person he/she can respond to, which is one of the many things that makes this a wonderful show.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    If AL is a LAPD cop, my husband noted last night that her bad ass way of acting and her torture of one of her flightmates didn't surprise him in the least as the LAPD has had such a bad rep in recent years. So Maybe she's one of the bad cops
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Canada Champ - TPTB don't have to reduce their numbers - they have 14 with Sayid. I think Walt is no longer considered a series regular, someone wrote that he is now a recurring character. They know his aging quickly, can't be avoided.

Ausiello's interview with Carlton and Damon:

"Let's talk about Malcolm David Kelley and Walt. Why was his role reduced this season? Were you concerned about him aging faster than the time line on the show?
    Carlton: That's a legitimate issue. We've only gone 50 days on the island, and he's a kid in puberty. But Walt's disappearance and, ultimately, Michael's efforts to reunite with him were part of a grander plan. There are also financial considerations. Since Walt wasn't going to be around for a lot of episodes, we had to make an arrangement to have his role be a more reduced role."

ETA: As for AL and the gun next week, I assume she has Sayid's gun, afterall -she somehow manages to get him tied up, why not take his gun also?
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 11-17-2005 at 10:50 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I can't believe after all the discussion about what Mr. Eko meant when he said "Yes" to Jin's "Others?" after they ran across Goodwin's body that there's only one comment,.... oh, yeah, guess Eko meant "yes, he was an other", not "killed by others" (which we mostly thought was what Jin was asking). We actually got a question answered, folks! We should be celebrating!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    I can't believe after all the discussion about what Mr. Eko meant when he said "Yes" to Jin's "Others?" after they ran across Goodwin's body that there's only one comment,.... oh, yeah, guess Eko meant "yes, he was an other", not "killed by others" (which we mostly thought was what Jin was asking). We actually got a question answered, folks! We should be celebrating!
    Yes, BUT remember, A.L. NEVER said that goodwin was an other PLUS they (from what we saw) never met up with Danielle or anyone to tell them that they are called "The Others". So you have to remember that when you make that judgement.

p.s.: did anyone see my post above about flashbacks coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99
    I'm not sure about AL's flashback. Maybe someone else can help there. I do know that the Nov.30 episode is entitled "What Kate Did". Looks like we'll finally find out why she was arrested in the first place!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99
    Yes, BUT remember, A.L. NEVER said that goodwin was an other PLUS they (from what we saw) never met up with Danielle or anyone to tell them that they are called "The Others". So you have to remember that when you make that judgement.

Yup, seen, but not yet by those folks who have all that data at their fingertips!
    Well, AL seemed pretty convinced he was an Other (for lack of a better term)--he wasn't wet, he's saying the kids are better off, and all that other convo--if he isn't an Other what the heck was he talking about? Plus, I admit she punched first, but he seemed pretty set on killing her and he killed the other guy from the pit.
    True, AL may not have told Eko exactly what happened but it seemed like she was telling the group that Goodwin was the mole when she came back without him and said they were safe now.

FORT Fan
    no i agree with you PWS that he was an other like Ethan, but i'm just saying that from what we saw AL never told the tailies who he was and THEY were never told that the group was called "The Others". So Eko couldn't have known what Jin was talking about, unless he interpreted it as "other people on island". Prob just a writer screw up

+ Reply to Thread