+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

  1. #2021
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Wow, I just read someone's theory that ties a lot of unexplained things together here. If you're of a scientific bent, give it a read.

    It's not spoilers, just speculation based on what's been seen so far.

    wow hepcat nice find. this guy's theory is GREAT and so indepth, i can definitely see this being the answer. just a couple things that seem a little odd. he discusses 'collective consciousness' (for people who didn't read it, he was saying that the losties were frozen in time and then woke up at a specific time with the plane crash scene or something lke that), but how was Claire still pregnant for 3 years and the baby was perfectly fine? That's the only thing that gets me. I read most of the pages on that post and he seems to answer every question that gets thrown to him, very interesting. oh and that Oersted satellite thing is VERY interesting!

  2. #2022
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by ByteBabe
    Why was Bernard strapped into a seat in a tree after the plane crash? Rose has been saying he was in the bathroom. Things that make you go hmmmmm.
    I just assumed that he was in the loo, when the first bit of turbulence hit he came out and started walking forward back to his seat. But then another jolt of turbulence hit and he took the first available seat (looked to me like it was an aisle seat based on a person sitting to his left - I could be way off on this tho). So if he was in a seat in the back trying to "wait out" the turbulence when the plane split apart, he'd become a tailie.

    As always, just my two cents, which, when adjusted for inflation, is quite useless ;-)

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  3. #2023
    FORT Fan rupertshoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    43
    Posts
    359
    That is what I assumed myself. It would make sense, and it seems the plane broke apart pretty fast so he wouldn't have had time to make it back to Rose.

  4. #2024
    Who Dat lildago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,522
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Wow, I just read someone's theory that ties a lot of unexplained things together here. If you're of a scientific bent, give it a read.

    It's not spoilers, just speculation based on what's been seen so far.
    Really cool find, hep! I can buy the electromagnetism explanation but I don't like the collective consciousness theory. I hope it doesn't go in that direction.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

  5. #2025
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    HI there
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I think you are probably right in what you say, bell. However, I don't respond positively to someone who "beats the crap" out of people. She is definitely a leader type, but a good leader listens to other opinions; something I don't believe she does. I just don't think they will be able to make her likable for me.

    But we all have our favorite and not so favorite characters. Everyone has at least one person he/she can respond to, which is one of the many things that makes this a wonderful show.
    yup. everyone likes someone or hate someone.

    for me, i like characters with some substance. i guess thats why i really dont like kate, jack, and even charlie.

    i like AL because shes emotional...you see it in her face - anger, frustration, sarcasm, etc. unlike kate - she has a cold exterior, well except when dealing with sawyer and to a degree with jack. but we did see some emotional character with her in her flashback of her doctor love dying. and i like eko because of his silent strength...except when he was slugging michael and sawyer at the beach...whoa...one hell of an expression he had. where jack is indecisive in certain things...or more like set in certain beliefs.

    im looking forward to an explosive gathering next week. the reaction of shannons death, who killed her, the reunion of jin/sun and bernard/rose. kate taking care of sawyer and even how she'll react to AL since she was all for leaving sawyer behind and kicking his ass when hurt.

  6. #2026
    HBK fan nilesgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,764
    As far as the whole one bullet thing, Sawyer could've easily lied to her. Obviously there was more than one bullet.
    I just hope she gets what she deserves next week. With Sayid's past experience with torture, he's going to make AL's life a living hell. I can't wait.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

  7. #2027
    I see dead people SQUATMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Wow, I just read someone's theory that ties a lot of unexplained things together here. If you're of a scientific bent, give it a read.

    It's not spoilers, just speculation based on what's been seen so far.
    great find Hepcat

    that was fun stuff

  8. #2028
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    HI there
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    As far as the whole one bullet thing, Sawyer could've easily lied to her. Obviously there was more than one bullet.
    I just hope she gets what she deserves next week. With Sayid's past experience with torture, he's going to make AL's life a living hell. I can't wait.
    i like sayid and all but if he goes real loco on AL i just MIGHT lose 'some' respect for him. main reason, he's responsible for the death of his friend, unintentionally but still responsible - the one he convinced to go on with the terroristic plan when friend had doubts - for what, so he can find his lost love nadia who i believe had done something back in iraq for her to be detained and he helped her escape. i dont mind bitch, scream, and some sort of punishment for her but torture her and do some bodily harm to her....well sorry...it wont fly with me at all. one reason why i like sayid is that he is the opposite of AL but yet still the same. he's calm, and tries to reason before he acts but AL acts before reasoning. well hope that makes sense. also we have the AL backstory coming up so that will show some light on her character and where shes coming from.

  9. #2029
    The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,577
    Well, originally, Sayid was going to leave the group permenantly, to track the island, and to, in a way, punish himself for torturing Sawyer. The only reason he came back was because he needed medical attention and to warn the others about Danielle. Maybe now, to grieve over Shannon, he'll resume where he left off, tracking the island. The creators said they wanted only a core group of 14 people anyway, so this would be an easy way to reduce Sayid's time (oh no, I can hear the ladies' boos already) and bring someone else up to regular status.

  10. #2030
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    479
    booooo!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.