+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by bell
    but i really dont see her as a kill first person...but more as im gonna BEAT THE CRAP out of you person. a very aggressive person...a take charge person.
    I think you are probably right in what you say, bell. However, I don't respond positively to someone who "beats the crap" out of people. She is definitely a leader type, but a good leader listens to other opinions; something I don't believe she does. I just don't think they will be able to make her likable for me.

But we all have our favorite and not so favorite characters. Everyone has at least one person he/she can respond to, which is one of the many things that makes this a wonderful show.

Wow, I just read someone's theory that ties a lot of unexplained things together here. If you're of a scientific bent, give it a read.

It's not spoilers, just speculation based on what's been seen so far.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cpp_nh
    What does it mean that there's a military knife on the island? Are we to believe that this is a whole US Military conspiracy thing?
    I really thought AL had connected the knife with Goodwin. Maybe something to do with his years in the peace corp. And the knife itself hasnt been made in like 20 years.But I guess we don't know that he every really was in the peace corps.
    But if the island was a government facility, then it's plausible they had military guards or people on the island. Possibly much of the staff could've been military.

Whats creepy to me is how strange and scary the "Others" are and yet the 2 people they have used to infiltrate the groups have been easy to like, "normal" people.

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    Now I don't know which group I like better? It's very interesting how different they make each group. I don't think I really want want to know who the others are, it makes it even creepier and intense not knowing and the way they show the scenes with the others....especially the one where you only see their feet and the teddy bear dragged behind. My only question is Jack's group has been all over their part of the island and nobody had been taken, where Jack's group was hiding/running from a"creature", these people have been stalked and taken by a group of loonies. I still want to know what the whispers mean and why can everyone hear them.It just makes the hair's go up when you hear them. This season is just as good as last. Sorry to everyone that hates AL, but Michelle Rodriguez is smokin hot and if I remember, nobody really liked Sawyer too much last season till the end.

Not me! I loved that eye candy from the very beginning. LOL

Who can look at a knife and know that it hasn't been made in 20 years? Sometimes this show really pushes the limits of our disbelief.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Wow, I just read someone's theory that ties a lot of unexplained things together here. If you're of a scientific bent, give it a read.

It's not spoilers, just speculation based on what's been seen so far.
    Very Interesting hepcat - thanks so much for posting it!

I have a question about last nights show - the woman that AL killed, that had the injection stuff in her pocket, etc - did anyone get a good look at her? At a glance, I thought she looked like Shannon. I watched it a 2nd time, and still thought that. I was just wondering whether this was just me "reading into things", or whether she did really resemble Shannon or even, if they used Maggie Grace for this role as well........ Any ideas, comments?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    Very Interesting hepcat - thanks so much for posting it!

I have a question about last nights show - the woman that AL killed, that had the injection stuff in her pocket, etc - did anyone get a good look at her? At a glance, I thought she looked like Shannon. I watched it a 2nd time, and still thought that. I was just wondering whether this was just me "reading into things", or whether she did really resemble Shannon or even, if they used Maggie Grace for this role as well........ Any ideas, comments?
    The woman was blonde and I immediately thought this was the blonde from the raft!

Premium Member
    Well, I am glad to know that my thinking that I was over-analyzing each little detail of the show has now been substantiated by the producers. Saves me a LOT of frustration this season! I kind of figured it out when I realized there were hundreds of little unanswered questions from season one which will likely never be mentioned again.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Goodwin said "Nathan was a bad person. That's why his name wasn't on the list." Does that mean the list is a list of good people? People who should be spared?
    This was about the only real question I had from last night's episode. The recap on the ABC website says this:
    And for the first time we get the point of view of an Other - they take out the strongest first - the "good people" - and then the children, who he claims are better off now.
    From that quote I would gather than "good"=strong, and that wouldn't make sense, because I thought he said the list was "good" people? I tend to believe that the list of names was good people - as in good candidates for whatever Dharma experiments are still going on (if any, of course). At any rate, not so much mysterious, as just very confusing.

I was extremely disappointed to see that the 'extended episode' of LOST this week was a mere four minutes. Isn't that the kind of cheap ploy they use during sweeps month to get you to miss part of the next show you would watch on a different network? LOST did not need to use that kind of hype to get viewers.

So, next week is the merge? I thought we would get backstories on them before they meet up the other group, hmmm. At any rate, the previews for next week sure look like a very good episode!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Who can look at a knife and know that it hasn't been made in 20 years? Sometimes this show really pushes the limits of our disbelief.
    If one is familiar with military equipment and knows a specific style hasn't been made or used in 20 years, isnt that plausible?

I thought this was an amazing episode. I loved how they sort of fast-forwarded through the tailies story. It made trying to figure out what was going on more fun.

Random Thoughts

I have always been a Sawyer fan Can forgive him anything, sorry.
    Ana Lucia didn't seem that hard when the plane first crashed, but became harder in each new segment-don't blame her. Her strength is what is carrying the group right now.

In terms of good vs. "not good". Goodwin was looking for the Good ones. Define good.

Mr. Eko was not taken the first night because he fought back, or fought because he saw people being taken?

I was not suspicious of Nathan at all. The previous posts had me concentrating on Libby, so I totally missed the hints towards Goodwin.

Bernard does not seem to be as strong as Rose to me. It seems like maybe she is the person that keeps him going. He was very fearful and hestitant.

I am hoping that there are no more hidden "others" in the remaining five (four?). I would like to try to focus on the dynamics of the new camp and how they are going to Rescue any captives.

I can't wait for next week! I am so looking forward to seeing the reunions. Especially Jin/Sun and Bernard/Rose.
    Last edited by kimrs; 11-17-2005 at 02:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread