+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Newbie
    Revisiting the idea of cannilbalism by the others, I doubt it. If they really were, why didn't they go after Hurley and be fed for months???

So. Fantastic ep! I'm not sure where to start, so this might be quite a bit jumbled! Bear with me!
    I love Eko! I think perhaps he is or was a pastor of some sort. Just the way he held the Holy Bible.
    While I have sympathy for Ana, I still don't like her. I do understand the trauma the entire group went through, and I'm sure her strength really got them through it. But she did put the wrong man in a pit for 4 days without food and was threatening to cut is finger off. She had valid reasoning and motives, but still it was very drastic and harsh. But then one might counter with the Sayid-Sawyer-Jack and the torture for the medicine that Sawyer didn't even have. Being stranded makes things a bit different. Still though she made a mistake that cost a man his life. I do know now why she shot Shannon without a thought. It does seem the Others come out of the jungle with swiftness.
    Now onto Goodwin. GOOD LORD. He had me fooled for just a little while. I didn't notice the not being wet part. I'm not sure about the "good" part either. At first I assumed he meant "good" people in general, but now that I've read the idea about good genes that makes sense as well. Maybe it's a combo of both. As for the children, didn't he say they were "better off" where they were now? I must go back and listen. And Goodwin seriously infiltrated their group, much more so than Ethan did. I can see why Ana & the Tailies wouldn't trust anyone else. I'm on the fence still about Libby. While I don't think she is part of the Others, I do still wonder if she isn't some part of a "control" or "clean up" operation for the people who created this failed experiment.
    Next week will be amazing I think. It appears from the previews that Ana will understand why Sayid will come after her, which leads me to believe maybe she was either involved with or related too a police officer or guard that died possibly because of Kate. Didn't a police officer die as well as her friend that day? I get confused. Oh and Eko's stick! What did he carve? I thought maybe the number of days, but a friend thought maybe it was the number or names of the people who were taken or died.

I loved this episode more than any other shown this season. I think that was because it was linear instead of back stories. It was one whole back story. The editing was so good.
    I am in love with the actor that plays Mr. Eko. Can't remember his name because it is so long. He always brings such depth to the characters he plays. I don't think he is a pastor because he is called Mr. instead of Rev. Was that his wife that he saved? She must have died because we didn't see her after the first few days. He is a very moral person even more than spiritual IMO. That is why it hurt him so much that he took those lives. On the other hand AL is in survival mode so killing and torture is expedient and necessary to her. I like what she brings to the show, sort of a female Sawyer.

Has anyone mentioned that some of the "others" may be people who were part of the Dharma experiment like the man who recruited Desmond? Goodwin looked at the door of the bunker strangely. I couldn't tell if it was curiousity, surprise or dismay. Goodwin and Ethan were very intelligent and fit right with the survivors, not like people who have been stranded on an island for a very long time. Just wondering like this show makes me do.

Didn't someone say that the narratator in the Dharma orientation video Jack/Locke saw had a fake hand. And now they find a glass eye. I'm guessing some kind of connection there.

Inthe interview I read, it mentioned to pay attention to Eko's stick, it has some significance?? Also if the others are that of normal people, why would they be taking people the way they do? Maybe they were part of the Dharma experiment and went cookoo after pushing a button every 108 minutes, this is probably the dementia already set in. I can't remember when a show made me think so much. As for Goodwin, he did tell Ana the others are worried she'll kill Nathan, did he mean the tallies or the Others? That is when I figured he was the bad guy.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by jenuinely
    On the other hand AL is in survival mode so killing and torture is expedient and necessary to her. I like what she brings to the show, sort of a female Sawyer.
    I am hoping for a showdown with Sayid that ends in her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    I am hoping for a showdown with Sayid that ends in her death.
    For some reason, I think she'll be on till the end and die in the finale. Until then I will enjoy her sexiness
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I also loved the episode last night. A few observations:

1. I think Ana Lucia has probably had military training or was a police officer. She knows how to survive in the wild, is a leader, and knows how to defend her self very very well against much stronger men.

2. She is a lot like Sawyer in that she is tough and has a quick temper. But, where Sawyer has that rascally southern charm, Ana Lucia seems to be humorless. She is a natural leader and Sawyer is a loner. But, they do have chemistry and a lot of sexual tension between the two. He could handle her, whereas, Jack could not.

3. I love Brett Cullen and was sorry he turned out to be the bad guy, but I had my suspicions. A-L was attracted to him, but didn't trust him.

4. I think there are two groups of others. Those who are adults and are controlling the island and infiltrating the Lost groups, and a group of children and teenagers who are the ones attacking and dragging off the kids. They are like the kids from Lord of the Flies and are basically savages.

I live in Hawaii and know where they are filming this. My husband and I try to figure out where they are when they are filming the backstories and we see the film crews out and about around the island. We are all thrilled this has been such a hit and they will be here for awhile.

FORT Lurker
    Wasn't the plane that Locke/Boone found filled with fake Nigerian priests? And Mr. Eko is supposed to be Nigerian? Maybe there's a link there... or maybe I dreamed it all up.

I'm a little disappointed that AL didnt use her detective skills sooner to realize Goodwin wasn't wet... What made her remember that after all that time? I can't remember what someone was wearing 40 days ago. But whatever.

What does it mean that there's a military knife on the island? Are we to believe that this is a whole US Military conspiracy thing? What does the Arrow bunker do for psychological study? What number is that bunker?

FORT Lurker
    Half-Serious Random Thought:

So these "Others" walk around leaving no footprints, like an elf... carry a list of who's bad (naughty) and good (nice), on an island with Polar Bears.

The rotund, jolly guy (Hurley) gave gifts to everyone earlier this season.

The Jack/Locke group are clearly defined between those who don't "believe" and those who do "believe" (in santa?)

I'm sure it's just coincidence...

+ Reply to Thread