+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    GMA's Lost Scene - They find a big wood box on the beach. Everyone runs toward it. The little girl asks "Is it food?" The little boy says "I hope it's food." The box looks like it's about four feet by four feet and has a drawing of Australia on the side. A couple of men jimmy the top open and start to rummage through it. It's filled with packaged boomerangs. It closes with a shot of Goodwin looking... confused? triumphant? Who the heck knows....

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    I love the new season. As much as I like Locke and the old characters, their dynamics ran the risk of becoming stale. Now we have two leaders with very different styles coming together. Locke and Eko should be kindred spirits - I think someone's observation about him not speaking and fasting 40 days is spiritually significant (he refused the chicken). The shot lingered over him holding the bible. He went with Jin to find Michael against AL's command. I think there could be a lot of triangle-ish moments between AL/Sawyer/Kate/Jack. The reunion of Rose and hubby will be tissue-worthy. And how will Sayid and AL reconcile? Will Jin and Sun reunite? But the real burning question of the night for me was - what was the significance of the glass eye? They don't just throw random things like that in for no reason.
    40 days is a very biblical number (40 days of Noah and the flood, Jesus in the desert for 40 days) and Eko seems to be very spiritual. Interesting. I wonder if he is a minister or priest that would make him killing someone really difficult.

Glass eye. Good Call Gutmutter. Had forgotten that one. Even tho my darling 14 year old had to tell us about a kid on her school bus that has one and takes it out to show everyone. EWWW!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Now I don't know which group I like better? It's very interesting how different they make each group. I don't think I really want want to know who the others are, it makes it even creepier and intense not knowing and the way they show the scenes with the others....especially the one where you only see their feet and the teddy bear dragged behind. My only question is Jack's group has been all over their part of the island and nobody had been taken, where Jack's group was hiding/running from a"creature", these people have been stalked and taken by a group of loonies. I still want to know what the whispers mean and why can everyone hear them.It just makes the hair's go up when you hear them. This season is just as good as last. Sorry to everyone that hates AL, but Michelle Rodriguez is smokin hot and if I remember, nobody really liked Sawyer too much last season till the end.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

CCL
    All right, this is a bit random and doesn't add anything to the analysis of the show. But, I'm wondering: The plane was flying from Australia, right? How come there have been only 2 Australian survivors (Claire and Cindy). You would think there would be some more. I know they are flying to LA, but it still seems like there is a disproportionate number of American survivors. Hmmm.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...16_2005_2.html

'LOST' NUMBERS = ZERO

MEMO to "Lost" fanat ics: those numbers you're all so obsessed with not even the producers know what they mean.
    "I think that that question will never, ever be answered," "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof tells today's edition of TV-Guide.com, when asked about the significance of the strange numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 that have become so central to the series.
    "I couldn't possibly imagine [how we would answer that question]. We will see more ramifications of the numbers and more usage of the numbers, but it boggles my mind when people ask me, 'What do the numbers mean?,' " Lindelof says.
    The numbers have become a huge part of "Lost." In various ways, they've drawn many of the castaways to the island and were even used by one character Hurley to win the lottery before he got on the ill-fated flight.
    "Lost" co-creator Carlton Cuse tells the Web site that Shannon (Maggie Grace) was indeed shot and killed on last week's episode. Fans have been speculating all week that her death was a red herring.
    "She was shot," he says.

Lindelof adds that "Lost" fans who analyze each episode may be reading a little too much into the show.
    "They totally are," he says. Don Kaplan
    Heh....this makes me laugh. They must be pretty scared to say stuff like this. Probably don't want us figuring everything out before they reveal it.....tryin to throw us off....nice try, TPTB. But it ain't gonna work!

Eko- Everybody may Love Hurley but Eko is the coolest character on the show. Maybe the notches he was carving on the stick were for those that have died.
    Ana- I understand what she has gone through and it can be a lot for someone to handle. Maybe because the tailies have been so beat down by what has happened she has to take the hard ass approach she has but that hasn't & isn't going to fly with the front enders. Do you think they had Ana kill someone so she wouldn't be able to takeover? That is something my wife & I talked over, that Anna would butt heads with Jack over leadership, but with her having killed Shannon, that would put an end to that
    Cindy- Nice to see a flight from Australia have another australian on it.
    Bernard- Does he look at the world through Rose's eyes? Ever the optimist just like her. Can't wait for this reunion either.
    Libby- She has crazy eyes. Something is up with her.
    Goodwin- I think that he did mean genetically good when he said that is why some were taken, but what if he meant spiritually? We know Eko is good, but what is wrong with the others? What could Bernard have done to make him one of the bad ones?
    Nathan- They were making him so much like Ethan that you knew he couldn't be the one. Nathan/Ethan, both from Canada, no one remembers them, they are both look to be in good shape.
    Finally we see that Ana did question why Jin had a handcuff on his wrist
    Speaking of which are you telling me that Locke, Sawyer or Kate can't pick the lock on it?
    Can't wait for the next episode
    Hmm. I have this dream. I'm driving a bus. And my teeth start falling out. My mum is in the back. Eating biscuits. Everything smells of bacon. It's weird. 'Course then I wake up screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    I agree with you - I'm also confused. It was made clear to us there was one bullet left in the gun, it was made clear to us she shot Shannon, and it was made clear to us in the previews that she shot her gun again at Sayid. I don't know how to reconcile those three things.
    Sayid had a gun too, maybe there is a struggle and AL gets a hold of it
    Hmm. I have this dream. I'm driving a bus. And my teeth start falling out. My mum is in the back. Eating biscuits. Everything smells of bacon. It's weird. 'Course then I wake up screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    Now I don't know which group I like better? It's very interesting how different they make each group. I don't think I really want want to know who the others are, it makes it even creepier and intense not knowing and the way they show the scenes with the others....especially the one where you only see their feet and the teddy bear dragged behind. My only question is Jack's group has been all over their part of the island and nobody had been taken, where Jack's group was hiding/running from a"creature", these people have been stalked and taken by a group of loonies. I still want to know what the whispers mean and why can everyone hear them.It just makes the hair's go up when you hear them. This season is just as good as last. Sorry to everyone that hates AL, but Michelle Rodriguez is smokin hot and if I remember, nobody really liked Sawyer too much last season till the end.
    Well, I sure was one of those people who didn't like Sawyer...at ALL!... for most of last year and my jury is still "out" regarding him. I don't like real people or TV people who are so one dimensional that even when you know their past, they still only have one thing driving them. Sawyer is always bitter and angry, even when injured and Jin and Michael come to his aid; he appears like an ingrate. However, I know that there's a ton of Sawyer fans who can look 'past' all of these character flaws and love him for it.

That's how I now feel about A.L. We saw her in HER mid-story of 45 days, so her role on the island was 'set' with her group. Having seen her micro backstory from the plane crash, I have a lot more empathy for her.

Considering the two groups of survivors:

Group I had a medical doctor-Jack; a survivalist-Locke; a tough, resourceful chick-Kate; an herbalist-Sun; a computer/commmunications expert-Sayid; and professional fisherman-Jin; and a peace-maker-Hurley. When you combine ALL of these skills plus Jack's dead dad leading him to fresh water and the caves,and the gun cache from the marshal, PLUS the lack of the Others harvesting their people, Group I had it pretty cushy.

Group II, however, had a drop-out from medical school; and tough, resourceful chick-A.L....that was IT. No weapons, no fisherman, no survivalist...and it wasn't until they found the hatch and the 20 year old Army knife that they had a real weapon. PLUS, 10 minutes after the tail section crashed, they had a spy for The Others in their group! I have a strong feeling that if I was in Group II, I'd have turned into A.L., being a strong, assertive chick, myself. Someone had to take charge and between the fasting Eko and the floundering other passengers and the abduction of 9 members, I'd have kicked into over-drive to survive. If that makes A.L. a bitch, than so be it. At least she's a LIVE bitch. (I'm just wondering if A.L. was a male character, if he'd be seen as a "bitch" or would be admired for his moxie??? )

So, we have a HUGE science experiment regarding Survivors: Those that HAVE a semblence of convienences, don't lose society structure and those that DON'T have convienences, disintegrate to tribal mentality and violence.

Now, this is pure speculation on my part regarding WHO will be the first to befriend her: it's a tie between Locke (who would understand her) or Hurley (who can see the best in anyone.) I read somewhere where Hurley's actor was begging the director's to "give him some luvin'" this season, and I think that if ANYONE can "tame A.L.'s shrew", it would be Hurley and his positive attitude.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    I think "tame A.L.'s shrew", it would be Hurley and his positive attitude.
    Hurley- The Love Doctor

Now it starts, who gets voted off the island?
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    All right, this is a bit random and doesn't add anything to the analysis of the show. But, I'm wondering: The plane was flying from Australia, right? How come there have been only 2 Australian survivors (Claire and Cindy). You would think there would be some more. I know they are flying to LA, but it still seems like there is a disproportionate number of American survivors. Hmmm.
    I've done a fair share of Pond Hopping and what I've noticed is that going TO the country, there will be a large amount of U.K., Parisian's, etc. But, leaving the country for the U.S., there's very, very few passengers other than U.S. citizens. My partner, Sally, and I just flew back and forth to the U.K. three times in the past three months for weddings and be both noticed this phenomenon. I'm guessing that it's because the U.S. people were going home, just like the U.K. passengers were going home when we left New York.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread