+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

This was a great episode.

I, however, feel no sympathy toward the Ana Lucia character at all. Even when she was crying. I don't mind a headstrong person at all, but she is not a convincing actress to me.

It will take a miracle to convert me to being a fan of hers.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    This was a great episode.

I, however, feel no sympathy toward the Ana Lucia character at all. Even when she was crying. I don't mind a headstrong person at all, but she is not a convincing actress to me.

It will take a miracle to convert me to being a fan of hers.

Jluvs, I feel the same way! But yet I still feel that there is a lot more to her aggressive behavior than we know. As I said earlier, I do feel a little more understanding towards her character since her comment to Mr. Ecko regarding "I told her we would find her mother" regarding the little girl. So she has one redeeming quality so far.
    Go Tigers!

Marvelous episode!

I don't like Ana Lucia any better than I did before; her first instinct always seems to be to kill. Only tenderness I saw was with the children. I wouldn't object at all to seeing Sayid exact revenge.

It seemed to me as if Goodwin's speech sounded a little robotic after he realized Ana had figured it out. Almost as if he was being programmed with what to say. Strengthened my believe that Ethan would have told them nothing even if Charlie hadn't killed him.

Lost just gets better and better.

FORT Fanatic
    excellent episode. definitely one of the best of the series so far. love the editing in the end...when they found jin to the day the shot rang out.

i like ana lucia before and after this episode. something about her character intrigues me. badass b*tch or not. maybe i just feel more substance from her and eko than kate and jack. or maybe i just got bored of the jack and kate show.

looking forward to future episodes.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    Marvelous episode!

I don't like Ana Lucia any better than I did before; her first instinct always seems to be to kill. Only tenderness I saw was with the children. I wouldn't object at all to seeing Sayid exact revenge.

my impression of AL is that she likes to BEAT the crap out of people to get answers first and then as last resort kill. i doubt she intended to kill the 'other' cause she was chasing after the kids before she got tackled, a defensive attack to get the other off her. she wasnt going to kill nathan, just pretty much torture him for answers but not kill. and killing goodwin was a defensive killing while he was charging her.

and in the end, if it was really AL shooting/killing, it was raining, someone went missing, hearing whispers in the jungle, etc. and then seeing a flash of someone running, bang. to me thats an accidental shooting in being in that kind of environment and now knowing what they went thru. im not saying it was right, but people do irational things in extreme conditions and she may have overreacted.

but i really dont see her as a kill first person...but more as im gonna BEAT THE CRAP out of you person. a very aggressive person...a take charge person.

i noticed that some of the tailies went to AL for things or relay info. like how the other survivors went to jack for things. jack was pretty much designated the leader as being Dr. Good and taking care of people. as for AL, shes a person who took charge of things.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    She can't fire again. The gun only has one bullet in it right?. I mean, that's what Sawyer said before and that's the gun she took from Sawyer. So there's only one bullet.

I'm confused.
    I agree with you - I'm also confused. It was made clear to us there was one bullet left in the gun, it was made clear to us she shot Shannon, and it was made clear to us in the previews that she shot her gun again at Sayid. I don't know how to reconcile those three things.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

FORT Fanatic
    maybe the writers/producers "lost" track again, like what they did with shannon's age. they mustve forgotten that sawyer said 1 bullet...unless sawyer miscounted or lied or he forgot about the one in the chamber plus the one he loaded up. lol. but AL mightve checked out the gun
    Click to see Spoiler:
    since she's a cop
    ...or she mysteriously found some bullets or that is a completely different gun she has and not the one taken from sawyer.

maybe i should stop analyzing since the producers/writers or whomever they are said we should stop looking into things. a**holes.

FORT Fogey
    [QUOTE=bell.

maybe i should stop analyzing since the producers/writers or whomever they are said we should stop looking into things. a**holes. [/QUOTE]

If we stop analyzing they will stop making money.

Hmm, something to think about.......(nod to the producers)

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    What a fantastic episode!!!! I loved how they plowed through the days and then the editing at the end where they brought us up to date from the capture of Jin forward.

I am also wondering about the "good" comment that Goodwin made (hmmm....good....Goodwin....) In the context of the conversation, I think it only makes sense that Goodwin WAS making a reference to Nathan being "good" vs. evil. AL said something about killing him and Goodwin said, well he wasn't a good person anyway. I don't read that any other way. And as crafty as the producers are, I don't think they pervert language that much. So the Others have taken Walt, who we think has some type of powers. They tried to take Claire, who the psychic hinted had some type of special connection with the baby, who may also be "special". The Dharma Project took Desmond, who seemed like a pretty good guy when Jack saw him in the stadium, and may or may not have been responsible for Sarah recovering. And then the Others have taken nine "good" people. I increasingly feel like the Others are connected to the Dharma Project in some convoluted way - they take people with special powers and "good" people who they can use (as with Desmond) to run their experiments on. Then perhaps when they need more people, they lure another plane or ship or whatever to the island to boost their ranks of Others.

(One question - were they trying to take Eko, or was he trying to stop them? It sounds like his name wasn't on the list because AL said the list consisted of the nine people who were taken. So does this mean Eko is "good" or not?)

My favorite moment of the episode - AL saying, "You waited 40 days to Speak??" Eko says, "You waited 40 days to cry." Awwwwwwwww!!!!

I love the new season. As much as I like Locke and the old characters, their dynamics ran the risk of becoming stale. Now we have two leaders with very different styles coming together. Locke and Eko should be kindred spirits - I think someone's observation about him not speaking and fasting 40 days is spiritually significant (he refused the chicken). The shot lingered over him holding the bible. He went with Jin to find Michael against AL's command. I think there could be a lot of triangle-ish moments between AL/Sawyer/Kate/Jack. The reunion of Rose and hubby will be tissue-worthy. And how will Sayid and AL reconcile? Will Jin and Sun reunite? But the real burning question of the night for me was - what was the significance of the glass eye? They don't just throw random things like that in for no reason.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread