+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    Ok, now it's time to ANALYZE the details in this episode

Anything is worth our attention for the whole storyline development? Any hidden details we missed ?

The fascinating stuff, you know...
    Personally, I'll need to rewatch the whole thing. I think I missed a ton of details, between having to take notes/key in my posts and having a splitting headache. (Damn weather.) I know I didn't notice any mention of any of the numbers, but I'll bet there were some.

I'd just like to ask all the Americans here if they enjoyed their "special extended episode", ie: the extra 4 minutes of commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Goodwin said "Nathan was a bad person. That's why his name wasn't on the list." Does that mean the list is a list of good people? People who should be spared?
    I get the feeling The Others only abduct "good people". So of our original 48, Walt was the only "good" person? And no - I'm not counting Claire until I find out for sure that Ethan was an Other.
    Last edited by Qboots; 11-17-2005 at 12:06 AM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

But that still doesn't answer why they took the children. Goodwin said "Nathan was a bad person. That's why his name wasn't on the list." Does that mean the list is a list of good people? People who should be spared?
    He said that the first night they took the strong ones, men. Does that mean the second time they were going after the "good" ones?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Excellent point. I think the writers need to pay a bit more attention to continuity. Tonight they showed that it was Day 41 when they heard Boone on the radio. But the way I was counting days in season one, I had that day figured for Day 35.

If anybody wants to win a trip to Hawaii to meet the cast, tune in to The Tony Danza Show this week. He's been giving a hint every day and you can enter the contest online.
    Boots, I read somewhere recently that they DID get caught in a continuity mistake with Shannon's age. They apologized and admitted they made a mistake- I didn't catch THAT one, but someone on the FoRT did. So I guess the writers are human after all!
    Go Tigers!

I knew we were right about AL and Shannon. But that still doesn't answer why they took the children. Goodwin said "Nathan was a bad person. That's why his name wasn't on the list." Does that mean the list is a list of good people? People who should be spared?
    Yes, but 'good' for what? Labor? Eating? Good for the Others doesn't necessarily mean 'good' for the ones taken.

Re: A.L. and a possible child in her past: it doesn't have to be her own child but a younger brother or sister that she "promised to protect" (and couldn't) that is haunting her past. It may be why she's got such good self defence moves; she may have come from a tough area where she had to protect herself and others she loved.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins

Re: A.L. and a possible child in her past: it doesn't have to be her own child but a younger brother or sister that she "promised to protect" (and couldn't) that is haunting her past. It may be why she's got such good self defence moves; she may have come from a tough area where she had to protect herself and others she loved.
    well unfortunately someone sent me a link to a picture of AL in a future flashback episode of her and...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    she was in a cop uniform so i am guessing she is a cop and maybe something happened on the job

nilesgirl is right about the "Nathan is not a good person" thing that goodwin said- Yet another freakin question- how would those homicidal maniacs know who is "good" or "bad", and where the hell did they get their names to put on a list? And how did the answers to these questions become the most important thing in my life tonight! (gotta laugh at myself!)
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by lildago
    He said that the first night they took the strong ones, men. Does that mean the second time they were going after the "good" ones?
    Goodwin said that Nathan wasn't a good person. (Which I first assumed meant he wasn't a good vs evil - person), but what if he was referring to a good specimen as in a scientific experiment? As in, Nathan didn't qualify for what we are looking for or need?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    Goodwin said that Nathan wasn't a good person. (Which I first assumed meant he wasn't a good vs evil - person), but what if he was referring to a good specimen as in a scientific experiment? As in, Nathan didn't qualify for what we are looking for or need?
    That's kind of what I was thinking. Or maybe good enough to be "saved" by them. Didn't someone have a theory about the Others thinking they're saving the survivors from some sickness?

ETA: Good point, xjeff99 regarding the Ana Lucia spoiler...someone she couldn't protect or keep her promise to perhaps!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Hey, XJeff- regarding AL'S
    Click to see Spoiler:
    past cop experience- her control issues (no offense to any law officers out there), I have a brother in law who is Head DEA agent in Mt. Pleasant, SC, and my other brother in law is the head of the bomb squad in SC for the FBI- Great guys, and great fathers, but they are both in control of all they deal with at all times. I don't remember hearing about AL's past job, but if her history is law enforcement, that is why she is taking the leader role. It is the nature of a person in law enforcement. Also, something to think about, people in law enforcement are either all about helping people(my brother's in law both fall into that category) or they have a psychotic inferiority complex that drives them to dominate people with their perceived "power" because they were tormented in their past for being short, weak, unfit, different, etc. (my Brother in law in the FBI told me this about the motivation behind some local law enforcement officers he's dealt with.)
    So we have yet to see what AL's motivation is.
    Last edited by hepcat; 11-17-2005 at 03:19 AM. Reason: spoiler tags; that's a spoiler you're speculating on. :)
    Go Tigers!

little spoiler alert- Ask Ausiello ran an interview with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. They answer some interesting questions.
    http://www.tvguide.com/news/askausiello/

They answer why Shannon was picked to die and they have a good answer.

+ Reply to Thread