+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by bell
    this is another spoiler...well supposedly from a reputable source i think lol.

Click to see Spoiler:
    "......"

again...really hoping this happens.
    that's really weird because i just read this (again, pretty major spoilers)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    11/16 - Executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse reveal: It's always possible [Shannon] could pop up in someone's backstory. But she is definitely dead. When a character dies on the island, they stay dead. In the same moment that we decided Shannon would die, [we also decided that] Ana-Lucia would be responsible for that death. It would be the first time one castaway was responsible for killing another, and it would give so much inherent conflict and trauma [heading to] the merge. We're walking a very tenuous tightrope with her, but we feel that over the course of the next two episodes the audience will hopefully get a better understanding for that character and what she's been through. [Shannon] was shot. Walt's disappearance and, ultimately, Michael's efforts to reunite with him were part of a grander plan. As we move into the middle run of episodes, we're definitely emphasizing the Jack-Kate-Sawyer romantic triangle. The level of sexual tension between those three characters is definitely being ramped up. As the respective leaders of their respective units, Ana-Lucia and Jack have a great deal in common with each other, and that's definitely something we're going to be exploring. But [the fact that] Ana-Lucia inadvertently murdered one of the members of the tribe doesn't exactly [lend itself] to candlelight dinners and walks on the beach. She is a woman; she will have romantic entanglements. But I think the one that will begin to emerge over the season will be the one that you least expect. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

-the following are general season spoilers-

We're definitely going to be paying attention to [the Charlie and Claire] relationship, but it's not going to turn in ways the audience expects. I think that [the] question [as to what the numbers mean] will never, ever be answered. I couldn't possibly imagine [how we would answer that question]. We will see more ramifications of the numbers and more usage of the numbers, but it boggles my mind when people ask me, "What do the numbers mean?" You'll learn more about [why Ethan abducted Claire] this season. [We still plan on revealing why the plane crashed this season.] In the next string of episodes, one of the really compelling backstory elements is what happened to Jack's marriage. We think Julie Bowen is amazing and she and Matthew Fox are so great in scenes together, and I think the audience is really curious as to what went wrong there. And you should pay attention to Mr. Eko's stick. That stick is an important ongoing clue. [We will learn more about the monster this season.] Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

my comment: the producers seem to make it very clear that ana is responsible.

i don't know what to believe anymore

FORT Fogey
    http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...16_2005_2.html

'LOST' NUMBERS = ZERO

MEMO to "Lost" fanat ics: those numbers you're all so obsessed with not even the producers know what they mean.
    "I think that that question will never, ever be answered," "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof tells today's edition of TV-Guide.com, when asked about the significance of the strange numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 that have become so central to the series.
    "I couldn't possibly imagine [how we would answer that question]. We will see more ramifications of the numbers and more usage of the numbers, but it boggles my mind when people ask me, 'What do the numbers mean?,' " Lindelof says.
    The numbers have become a huge part of "Lost." In various ways, they've drawn many of the castaways to the island and were even used by one character Hurley to win the lottery before he got on the ill-fated flight.
    "Lost" co-creator Carlton Cuse tells the Web site that Shannon (Maggie Grace) was indeed shot and killed on last week's episode. Fans have been speculating all week that her death was a red herring.
    "She was shot," he says.

Lindelof adds that "Lost" fans who analyze each episode may be reading a little too much into the show.
    "They totally are," he says. Don Kaplan

My comment:

For some reason I don't like the last 2 sentenses. Yes, we analyse a LOT every detail but isn't what makes this show incredible? We know that almost any detail can have a meaning.

Hmm. a little advice to the producers... Don't underestimate the fans. It can easily backfire.

Why am I so offended by their remarks?

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel
    that's really weird because i just read this (again, pretty major spoilers)
    Click to see Spoiler:

i don't know what to believe anymore

yeah it is weird. but my take was that maybe originally they thought of making AL as some sort of tough heroine but decided to make her more badass. they saw how everyone reacted in the 1st episode she was on and decided to change the script or her character. again, this is only if the rumors that the writers write the script pretty much weekly or biweekly to see how we all react. because if you read that one article i posted in the previous page...rodriguez aluded to changes of her character with every script she has.

cause initially in the last episode or 2 where AL showed up at the bar "flirting" with jack...i really thought she wont have the typical michelle rodriguez role but as this season rolls on...oh well guess not. thats why ill just go with the AL killing shannon.
    Last edited by bell; 11-16-2005 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bell
    this is another spoiler...well supposedly from a reputable source i think lol. this is pretty much a combination of what some of you have speculated on the previous pages after the last episode, and im hoping it to be true. so if you really dont want to be spoiled, don't read. but if you need one hell of a spoiler fix, well continue on. just to be safe, just highlight line by line so if you really really really unsure of being spoiled just let it go. just to prolong this, i was pretty sure i fell into CAT2 (was it Lambikins who came up with the 3 cats of theory of people who wants to be spoiled, if not im sorry if i forgot who it was but i sure as hell ain't going back gosh knows how many pages).

oh well...if you want to be spoiled read on...
    Yuppers, it was poor ol' Lambi who came up with the three "cats" of Spoilerisms. I say "poor ol'" because I can only come HERE and look at 3" of dead space on most posts. But I learned my lesson with reading spoilers during the Age of Buffy and really crave the excitement rather than the knowledge, nowadays. It was pretty cool when my roommies and I screamed like little girls last week: first with Walt and then with Shannon. I wouldn't trade those screams for all the spoilers in the world! Plus, after the show, I can join in for a bit of time before the spoilerwhores start to seduce me, again, with their wiley-ways!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Well, the least likely
    Click to see Spoiler:
    romantic partner for AL for me would be Hurley! But possible...they have the Latino/a connection after all!

Sorry to torture you, lambikins!

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    Because it makes you feel like they have no idea where this is going, and this isn't the only thing they have no answers for. That's how I take it. Every time I read one of those interviews I feel more and more like we're going to get a lame ending for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    [url]
    You should be offended, Justafan1, as any serious LOST fan would/should. It's only because of US...the fans...that this show didn't end up in the Recycle Bin when it first aired. It's a slap in the face to the very people who make it possible for the producers/directors/actors to buy posh homes in Hawaii and buy cars I can only look at in magazines.

I'm reminded of other shows, Buffy in particular, where Sarah Michele Geller 'dissed the fans when they got pissed at her not showing up at cons. I think the best "fake" rant at fans was when Tim Allen, in GALAXY QUEST, went all freakout on some serious fans, yelling at them that it's "just a TV show", and it was those same fans that got his butt out of the Cosmic Bacon Fat!

If I was in show business, I'd like to think that whether I got typecast or not, I'd kiss the ground my fans walked on, each and every time I checked my bank balance!

I sure hope that LOST isn't this decades TWIN PEAKS.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I agree, JR. It's the Twin Peaks curse, and that didn't end well for anyone.

That interview ticks me off because on the season one DVDs, they say they sat down and plotted the show for the first five seasons. And yet, they admit they didn't have Locke in a wheelchair when they shot the pilot (the toe scene was from his flashback episode, weeks later). They made up a character on the spot for Sun, and added Jin to showcase her. For them to now say there's no explanation for the numbers is maddening.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Because it makes you feel like they have no idea where this is going, and this isn't the only thing they have no answers for. That's how I take it. Every time I read one of those interviews I feel more and more like we're going to get a lame ending for this show.
    I do have that feeling. Just think about Alias (JJ Abrams' other show). Their "numbers" equivalent (the search for Rambaldi device(s)) was shelved in season 2 (or 3?) and then brought back for a little bit and then went away again and so forth. Not to mention other stuff (don't want to go into too much detail since this is not the Alias thread). I still love that show but it can get a bit maddening. I fear that will happen with Lost, too.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

With all the talk of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Shannon having been stabbed rather than shot, I dearly hope they don't suspect my lovely Locke of doing the deed, since he is the master of knives. Also, I get the feeling the romance they're hinting about for Ana-Lucia will be with Locke. :nono
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread