+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I do hope (albeit without MUCH hope) that she's not around too long. I think this is the first less than good casting this show has done.
    Who are you talking about? Ana Lucia or Shannon?

Looks like she's talking about Ana-Lucia.

What I find interesting about the whispers is that they almost always happen at times of drama for the characters such as when Sawyer was chasing the boar. For that reason I think that they are directly related to the power of the island whether it is man-made or magical, and not an accidental overhearing of scientists.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Hmm, just something I thought of right now. Season one seemed to deal more with the 'mystical' side of the show, so to speak, and season 2, so far, seems to deal with the more scientific side.

In season 1, there was the allure of the monster, Walt's weird powers, Locke walking again, Claire 'destined' to raise her baby herself, etc. This season, we seem to be getting a lot of technical answers: how the Tailies survived, what exactly was inside the hatch, etc.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I think Ana Lucia brings a (much needed) female character with strength and an edge to the show. Prior to her, pouty Katy was the toughest girl of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    , rwings4li! I lurked for a long time as well...it's even more fun to be a participant!
    Thanks for the welcome PWS! Now if only I had the brain power to try solving these theories you all are posting. I love the speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    Who are you talking about? Ana Lucia or Shannon?

Yes, as Zaius said, I meant Ana Lucia. I do think she's the killer. I've never disliked Shannon all that much after the first Boone/Shannon flashback last year.

And in reply to Squatman --- violence doesn't equal a strong woman for me. I find a quiet strength in Sun that I admire ever so much more.

It seems that up untill now, there is not so much to like about AL, but I wasn't especially fond of Shannon in the beginning either, and have grown to like the character. I think they will provide us with another side of AL personality at some point, and we will be more sympathic toward her.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    Hmm, just something I thought of right now. Season one seemed to deal more with the 'mystical' side of the show, so to speak, and season 2, so far, seems to deal with the more scientific side.

In season 1, there was the allure of the monster, Walt's weird powers, Locke walking again, Claire 'destined' to raise her baby herself, etc. This season, we seem to be getting a lot of technical answers: how the Tailies survived, what exactly was inside the hatch, etc.
    So the first season was Locke's season and this is Jack's? So to speak, since we haven't seen much of either recently.

Oooh, oooh, oooh! I hope this hasn't been posted and I'll attempt to spoiler it (although it's a link so I don't know if that's necessary...). It has to do with Ana Lucia's back story.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    www.lightfantastic.org/gallery/200510/31lostfilm04

It also appears from the previews for this week that AL might become a little more sympathetic of a character. She's sobbing pretty hard into Mr. Eko's chest. Did she have a child that was lost to the Others? (Although, as a mother, if she did, I'd have to question what she was doing in the bar with Jack...).
    Another random thought... Eko -- as in echo, or a play on words to possibly allude to twins or clones? Maybe that's too obscure...
    Last edited by fougette; 11-16-2005 at 12:04 AM.
    It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got...

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fougette
    Oooh, oooh, oooh! I hope this hasn't been posted and I'll attempt to spoiler it (although it's a link so I don't know if that's necessary...). It has to do with Ana Lucia's back story.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    www.lightfantastic.org/gallery/200510/31lostfilm04

It also appears from the previews for this week that AL might become a little more sympathetic of a character. She's sobbing pretty hard into Mr. Eko's chest. Did she have a child that was lost to the Others? (Although, as a mother, if she did, I'd have to question what she was doing in the bar with Jack...).
    Another random thought... Eko -- as in echo, or a play on words to possibly allude to twins or clones? Maybe that's too obscure...
    I don't think you need to spoiler the link--it doesn't tell people anything unless they click on it. In fact even if you do it seems to be just shots of the crew at work in Hawaii, at a film festival in Hawaii, etc. What am I missing? Maybe you could just summarize what you learned, in spoilers of course!

+ Reply to Thread