+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Also, the disappearance of Cindy is quite odd. Why did the writers choose for her to leave JUST before Shannon was shot?
    We don't really know how much time had passed for AL and crew after the time Cindy disappeared and that last scene we saw. After they climbed out of the ravine, and realized she was gone, AL pulled out her gun and screamed for everyone to run. Who knows how long they ran and what else might have happened. I suspect/hope that the last few minutes of next week's episode will cover that missing time - putting us back into the present time which will be picked up in the following week.

I agree that it isn't cut and dried that AL is the one who shot Shannon.. and look forward to seeing this play out
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

i've read that someone (re the possible death)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    most likely shannon, won't be "laid to rest" until november 30th. and that it's definitely NOT sawyer as "Episode 2.09: What Kate Did
    Airdate: November 30, 2005 -Kate's original crime that started her life on the run is revealed. Meanwhile, the survivors lay one of their own to rest, Kate sleeplessly watches over a feverish Sawyer, and Mr. Eko has a surprise for Locke regarding the hatch. Source: ABC source: spoilerfix".

that seems like an awfully long time for someone to die.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by gridtalker
    Cindy could be working with the others just like Ethan was.
    There's other information out there that it isn't Cindy, it's someone else who's the plant. And possibly the shooter, as well.
    From ET Weekly writer David Scott:

Click to see Spoiler:
    "I'm calling it: Libby's a plant. She's the Ethan of the Tailies' camp.

First off, go to the tape. Libby's the last one to interact with Cindy. And Cindy's carrying a large blue knapsack. By the time they've climbed to the top, Libby's carrying the knapsack. You're telling me she took the knapsack from Cindy and then proceeded to forget all about her? This is a ridge, not K-2 you don't just ''lose'' people like that. Also notable: Cindy hands Libby a walking stick of some sort, just before we lose track of her completely. As this handoff takes place, we see a cavelike opening in the background, right where Cindy's about to pass. And it looks as if there's some sort of shape inside.

But here's my best evidence of Libby's treachery: Tonight, she told Sawyer she's a clinical psychologist. Well, who appears to have designed this tropical house of horrors, according to a certain orientation video? A team of clinical psychologists, that's who. Coincidence? What do you think? Is there such a thing as coincidence in the world of television drama? Consult the little Locke on your left shoulder (as opposed to the tiny Jack on your right)."

There is also speculation that Claire is the new plant in the Jack/Locke group.
    Last edited by shusie; 11-12-2005 at 12:58 PM.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Libby
    as one of the Others makes more sense to me than Cindy. I wish I'd recorded this episode to rewatch the scene where Cindy disappears!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Wow shusie, good find!

I dont think anyone on here noticed that fact about what Cindy was doing just before she disappeared. If anyone has the tape from last week, could you go back and watch that scene again?

And about the fact that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Shannon isnt laid to rest until the 30th:
    last season, Boone had his 'accident' in episode 19. episode 20 was about trying to save him, but he died in the end. episode 21 was when they finally buried him.

now in this season, shannon has her 'accident' in episode 6. episode 7 is supposed to show nothing of the current timeline, but rather what happened to the Tailies after the crash. episode 8 picks up the current timeline again, I assume it is about shannon finally dieing in Sayid's arms. episode 9 will be about burying her.

so this is almost the exact same as the timeline for a death in season 1. the only difference is that we get to see what happened to the other people at the start of season 1. but going by the current timeline, its 'realtime' is the same, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    I dont think anyone on here noticed that fact about what Cindy was doing just before she disappeared. If anyone has the tape from last week, could you go back and watch that scene again?
    I've watched this section again. It's so frustrating! I can't fathom that no one noticed (the characters, not the FORTers. ).

Okay, you see them approach the big hill and she is in the back of the pack, standing next to Bernard. Then you see someone's leg that has to be her: blue uniform skirt helping to carry the stretcher. (Libby is wearing tan, Ana-L is in jeans, did I miss another woman?) They start passing Sawyer up the hill. Cindy is clearly there just behind Libby, even touching her. The last sight of her is when she passes up the big spear thing that Ana-L carries. She is right behind Libby. They are both pressed up against the big tree roots that is halfway up the hill. There looks like a little bit of space beneath the root where you might hide from the rain, say, but not like a big cave.

Anyways, she passes up the stick, you see Libby being pulled up the last bit by Ana-L with the same stick, then they're up and immediately notice Cindy is gone. Just a few seconds on screen have passed since you saw her, but I guess it's supposed to be more like 30 seconds in which she disappears. No sound, no where to go, even!

This show! It does make you wonder if she's a plant but (spoilers to follow)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    from the previews of next week, she was in the tail section wreckage. I think she's supposed to be one of the flight attendants, actually.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

About Walt...How was it determined that he was talking backwards as opposed to speaking some weirdo language?? I must have missed something...

...And just a thought, don't you think AL's group would have been able to hear Shannon yelling for Walt as she ran after him? There's been alot of infighting with that group, maybe she just got in the way as they fought amoungst themselves...

Either way, I think the wrath of Sayid is going to be brutal.
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    My DVR messed up and it deleted that episode!!! I watched it, but before I could re-analyze everything it was gone

My computer has also been down so I tried to go through the theories briefly before posting...I hope I'm not saying something that has already been dismissed.

First of all, I am with all who think AL didn't shoot Shannon. I didn't go to the site that ya'll have been posting yet either to see the screencaps, so I'm not sure if this is way off. However I am thinking that maybe AL shot someone who was attacking Shannon?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    walt said the others were close, real close, right?
    What if Shannon ran after Walt and actually the others were there. When the tallies heard the whispers AL yelled "run". So others must have been close. If the tallies were close enough to have come across Shannon and Sayid and the Others were close to the tallies, then isn't it possible that Shannon chased after Walt only to be confronted by the others? As of yet we don't know who or what the others are, but it seems as though the tallies are aware of what to look for. So if AL saw the "others" with Shannon she may have shot. I know she is made out to be a major bad a$$, but I hold out some hope I guess.

Also can someone tell me what is a trust fund exactly? I can assume that Shannons dad was certainly not thinking he would be dying so young.

Whoever made the connection with the french father . When I saw that I knew there had to be some relavance. Its not like the writers to throw in useless info like that. There was no reason at all for that scene to have had that guy looking for an au pair unless it had signifacance. So I think that is a great theory! Probably Shannon was desperate and went to that man to be the au pair since she was losing her house and had no money.

Good find with the Libby thing also!!! I wish I could go back and re-watch it! I was hoping they may replay it tonight instead of AFV!! I think I'm gonna lose that hope though in about 1 minute!...Minutes up and there is no repeat of Lost.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    OMG!

I'm watching Old School right now, and Terry O'Quinn (Locke) is in it! He plays Mitch's (Luke Wilson's) boss, and the father of the high school girl Mitch sleeps with.

It's so weird, he has a pitch black mustache!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    My 2 cents: Boone's mom hated seeing them embrace at the funeral. I think the cut off/ Boone's job offer was motivated by wanting them separated. I am not as enamoured with Shannon as many of you. Yeah, what happened was tough, but she was 18 and still being supported by daddy and feeling entitled to more of the same. Step-mommie dearest pointed out her other deadend interests, so ballet didn't come off to me as her blindered passion.
    Yeah, Shannon knew Boone always had a thing for her and I'm sure his mother was aware of his attraction to her, too. The mom seems to have a reverse oedipal complex with Boone...

I wasn't Shannon's biggest fan either, but I really liked this last episode--it showed how she got to be who she is today--kind of manipulative and hardened thanks in large part to her stepmonster who so clearly favored her birth son over her stepdaughter.

I think Boone and Shannon grew up together from the time she was 8 and he was 10 (or something very young). It sounded like the stepmom was jealous of Shannon's closeness with her father and decided to punish her by being a raving bitch. I'm sorry, but don't marry a man with a child unless you want that child to be in your family as well. The father was a moron for not leaving a will that included his daughter. Or he may have been duped by his shrew of a wife into thinking that she actually loved Shannon and would take care of her as well.

Shannon didn't seem to be a bad kid at 18. She had some dreams and earned an internship to a prestigious dance company. She wouldn't have made a lot of money in dance, but I think she did have a passion for it.

I don't know about you guys but my parents paid for as much of my education as they could. Of course I took loans out for everything else and it was always an understanding that my siblings and I would take care of our parents in their old age...and that's what we're doing. It's one thing to expect your parents to go broke taking care of you when you're an adult (like 20 and 30somethings who live at home and don't pay rent and simply mooch off their parents). It's another when your parents have the means, and they choose to provide for one child and neglect the other.

This makes me think back to John Lennon who, when he died, left all his money to Yoko and their son, Sean. Meanwhile, Julian--his first born son with his first wife--got nothing. And Yoko didn't think it was necessary to give him anything--not even one of John's guitars that Julian had really cherished. Julian finally got it--by bidding for it at an auction.

Anyhow, that's my take on this. I knew Shannon was going to die, but it made me sad. But I'm really glad it wasn't Jin, Sun, Sawyer or Michael who got shot.

+ Reply to Thread