+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Amen to the no Jack and Kate show, they are my least favorite survivors. I would rather see anyone else each Wednesday! I loved seeing more survivors in this episode, I hate when only 3 or 4 are focused on. I especially loved when Dr. Arnst (sp?) said about how there were 30 other people on the island! Thank you! Spread the TV wealth! Although any more Locke and Sawyer I am totally into!

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs
    Amen to the no Jack and Kate show, they are my least favorite survivors. I would rather see anyone else each Wednesday! I loved seeing more survivors in this episode, I hate when only 3 or 4 are focused on. I especially loved when Dr. Arnst (sp?) said about how there were 30 other people on the island! Thank you! Spread the TV wealth! Although any more Locke and Sawyer I am totally into!
    The creative team wants focus on 14 regular characters. There will be recurring actors (like Rose, and hopefully Bernard, Danielle, Desmond, etc.) but flashback's and central stories will be on the 14. My guess is that Eko is the Boone replacement, and Ana Lucia is Shannon's. Jack and Kate will be coming back into the picture soon, as they are part of the central characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    I can't speak for anyone else here, but I love not knowing the whole story. It makes you question certain things, makes you think. We need more people who are able to think in today's society, there's very few of these people left.

Anywho, back to last nights ep. I'm glad there was no mention of Jack or Kate. The first 3 eps of this season were very involved with Jack and Kate, so this is a good break. We dont want this turning into The Jack and Kate Show, after all. Besides, we're bound to have a new Kate-centric ep coming up soon. And I'd bet a few bucks that we're gonna have 1 or 2 more Jack-centric eps this season.

The sidestory with Charlie/Locke/Claire was good. Nothing shocking or compelling, but it was necessary to set up future episodes where Charlie must choose between Claire/Aaron/Locke/herorin. Which one he choose? Tune in to find out!

Hmm, so out of the 21 regular/semiregular castaways we've had so far in the series (wow, 21 already), this episode featured (in one way or another):
    Sayid
    Shannon
    Boone
    Walt
    Michael
    Sawyer
    Jin
    Hurley (helping Rose with clothes)
    Locke
    Charlie
    Claire
    Jack (hospital flashback)
    Rose
    Aaron
    Mr. Eko (is it spelled Eko? i can never remember!)
    Ana Lucia
    Libby
    Cindy
    Bernard

Wow.
    How could you forget VINCENT!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    OK, have a theory here (twiddler you're not the only one with crazy theories. )

At the dance studio a french father approaches Shannons co-dance teacher and wants her to be his au pair and Shannon and the other teacher discuss it and laugh that its not all he wants.
    So, am wondering if he ends up being Shannon's french boyfriend who we know she had because Boone mentions it when they are trying to decifer the french recorded message. This man is probably rich and she then gets to live as a spoiled rich mistress for a while after the stepmom leaves her penniless.
    You know how the writers like to throw in people all over the place that inter-relate, so the French man in the dance studio could end up hiring Shannon as the au pair as she needs a job now that good old stepmom has screwed her out of money and they end up having an affair.
    I like your theory, but help me out: didn't Shannon say she was 20 at the census time? So her father dying was only 2 years ago? How does that fit in with Desmond/the hospital/Jack/Jack's wife? If she turned to the French guy, she picked it up pretty fast.

Come to think of it, Boone knew about her speaking French. Didn't he say she studied in Paris? I don't know, maybe the French guy is a red herring.

I don't know how we'll ever find out, unless Shannon doesn't die from the wound. It's weird, this flashback seemed sketchy and left you wanting to know more.

The timeline has me tres confused.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    How could you forget VINCENT!

How could I forget Vincent! He's been such an integral part of the show!

Think about it.

He was the thing that initially brought Walt and Michael together - Michael found him for Walt (well actually Locke found him, but Walt thinks Michael did).

He was the one that Boone and Locke were looking for when they found Claire.

He was the thing Shannon was looking for when she saw her first Walt Vision.

He led Shannon to the grave of Boone.

FORT Fan
    interesting about Vincent, I wonder if hes the special key in this whole saga...maybe like god's eyes or the creators of the island's eyes, you know? he also reminds me of Buddy from Married with Children! if he starts talking, i'm outta here

I always seem to notice a mild thread between scenes each week. This week:

Swaddling Claire's baby to comfort him and keep him from crying
    Wrapping Sawyer to comfort him...

I know its not the same but the scenes have similarities....

On another note, I'm very creeped out (and bummed out) if they make Walt to be a ghost (how else to explain that he now talks backwards and is always wet like he just crawled out of a swamp). I don't like it when writers take the easy way out with explanations like this. Its creepy...
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I don't know how we'll ever find out, unless Shannon doesn't die from the wound. It's weird, this flashback seemed sketchy and left you wanting to know more.

Here is a thought: Maybe it will take her a couple of episodes to actually die. Maybe she will die slowly like the marshall and have more flashbacks.

While I think Shannon was killed, I am questioning what my eyes saw, and am doubting that Ana Lucia is the one that killed her. I have no clue who really did kill her...... yet, but I am doubting that it was Ana Lucia.

I think we have been led to believe it was AL but, the wound in front appeared to be larger then the wound in back. That doesn't seem consistent with a gunshot from the front. The exit is always larger then the entry, so she would have been shot from the back, in order for the mess in the front to make sense with how she looked. AL and all, were in front of her. If AL shot her, the wound in back would have been worse then it was in front.

I guess we will see the whole thing from a different persective in coming weeks. Anyone else questioning whether AL shot Shannon?

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    To me, the shot sounded more like a shotgun. When I first heard it, I tried to remember if AL had a shotgun or not.

Also, the disappearance of Cindy is quite odd. Why did the writers choose for her to leave JUST before Shannon was shot?

I like the idea of Shannon taking an ep or two to die. Not because I want her to suffer, but becuase it will show us more of what Sayid will do.

Also, hmmm, Walt. I dont think we should be asking ourselves why he is there, but rather why is he talking backwards? And how did that start? Why would someone talk backwards?

+ Reply to Thread