+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    So, am wondering if he ends up being Shannon's french boyfriend who we know she had because Boone mentions it when they are trying to decifer the french recorded message. This man is probably rich and she then gets to live as a spoiled rich mistress for a while after the stepmom leaves her penniless..

Good call! I like that theory. I was trying to scan the little ballerinas to see if any of them could be connected to another storyline. (Like the Asian one, she specifically mentioned the name of) could be one of the little girls on the tail end of the plane since they mention "they took the kids".
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Premium Member
    Lots of good conclusions being tossed around. I think I am leaning towards Twiddler's suggestion that AL didn't shoot Shannon - perhaps Cindy did (if Shannon is indeed shot); and Q's thinking that the scenes could be spliced since you don't actually see the AL group on screen at the same time with Sayid, so we don't know if they are actually all standing there looking at each other - I get the impression they are still a ways from each other. Just like Ethan assimilated into the survivor group, sounds like maybe Cindy did the same with the tail section group - and with her inside knowledge of what everyone does, where they go, etc. she could provide the Others with valuable information, which would make them seem rather stealthy.

I am guessing that whenever we don't see Jack/Kate/Hurley/Locke, etc. for a period of time (like a whole episode) we are supposed to assume they are in the hatch pulling their shift pushing the button?

Does an 'extended' episode mean an extra 15 minutes or something? hmmm

Reading some posts about the missing money, remember Boone said his mother had her own company-wedding plannings(?). I would guess both parents were independently wealthy and hooked up. Boone got his money because his mom loves him-she gave him a trust fund. She didn't like Shannon, "step-daughter" in hospital, possibly hated her, so she made she Shannon was cut off.

Shannon is definitely gone. I'm watching "The View" and they said that she was killed off. She decided not to renew her contract because she wants to pursue other things.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Ahhh...found one!

http://tddg.co.uk/gallery/z111/shanbmb2.jpg

That definitely doesn't look like a gunshot wound....

Edit: Here's a better, clearer picture of it...

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/6...hot3oo.opt.jpg
    Last edited by Twiddler; 11-10-2005 at 11:32 AM.

The whole time that Michael has been with the tailies, has he ever said "walt" or does he just say "my son"???

The reason I ask is: From our viewpoint of the story last nite, Shannon was running into the jungle yelling Walt's name... then she surprises the tailies & gets killed?

Wouldn't Michael have heard her yelling "Walt" and responded or forewarned the tailies that it's someone from their front end camp looking for Walt? I would think that is Michael heard someone else yelling for Walt, he would be going nuts to respond (in spite of AL's insistence that he "shhhh").

This is making me question the killer & method of killing... perhaps a shot rung out at the same time that Shannon was stabbed with a spear of sorts by someone else. Perhaps S&S (Shannon & Sayid) are not close enough for the tailies to hear her yelling "Walt", but they ARE close enough for a gunshot to be heard.

That's my ramblings for this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    The tailies crossed over a small river and then carried Sawyer up a very steep hill. This is where Ana-Lucia pulls out a gun when she realizes Cindy is gone. Shannon and Sayid are on the beach when they "see" Walt. Shannon only runs about 10 feet into the bush before she's shot. Is there really a steep ravine 10 feet from the beach? Wouldn't it get flooded at every high tide?
    Yah, Qboots, it's extremely possible that a 10-30' ravine can be next to the beach; where I live in Michigan, we have massive ravines (some 2-3 stories deep) that run parallel to the Lake Michigan beach and go right down to the water's edge. Tropical island areas are known for their excessive rainfall, so with the igneous land mass (pumice and lava flows) coupled with the acidic nature of the tropical plants and the high erosion factor of pumice, it wouldn't take long for deep channels/ravines to form on a volcanic island.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Besides, at one point the tailies say .."they are still at least a day away from where our castaways are."
    Yes, but remember....the Tailies haven't been on the 'other side' of the island so how would they know just exactly how far they would have to go to reach them. It was conjecture on their part that it was a days travel.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Good call lambikins. But my husband pointed out that making that stretcher took some time and with AL being so darned impatient to get out of there, I can't see her sitting still while they wove all those vines. That was not a 5 min. stretcher making break. LOL!
    I'm assuming that they pulled out their Propiel (TM) Viine-Weaver Kit and within minutes knitted a cunning web for their stretcher.

Re: The speculation on just "why" AL may have shot at Shannon: if Shannon and Sayid saw a projected "Walt", it stands to reason that whomever is manipulating Walt's image could have easily projected an additional image that AL saw...perhaps another Polar Bear, the Missing Monster, or even one of the others. AL could have shot into the bush, not knowing just exactly what she was aiming at and feeling reasonably secure that it wouldn't be the other passengers, since they believed them to be a day's journey away. We saw Sayid rush to Shannon, and the camera cut to AL and Company, which could have run into the bushes ahead of them, to see what she shot, and only THEN, see that AL shot Shannon.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

But what if they are not even in the same place as each other. The camera never really showed them in the same frame. What if who Sayid saw when he was looking forward holding Shannon was either the others or maybe Desmond. Then what AL and company came across when they came out of the bush was the dead body of Cindy who went missing. They never showed who was with who. It was just creepy that Sayid heard the voices also
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I thought I remembered seeing the backs of Michael and AL looking at a distraught Sayid holding Shannon. Right before he got the "if looks could kill" look on his face.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

It seems that they all heard the voices last night. My guess is that the same thing happened to Goodwin that happened to the pilot. They probably found Goodwin's mutilated body in the top of a tree. I guess that the reason the 'monster' or whatever it is, has left them alone is because it has been living off of the tailles.

I guess I am the only one that is ticked off. I just wish they would get on with the story and not drag it out so much. I feel a little peeved that when Shannon dies, so will her story line and Boones and will we ever know how they are tied in with all of this?? They get really into one thing and completely drop it for weeks and leave me hanging. Just like Desmond, where the heck is he and how ticked off do you think he is going to be when he comes back from his jog in the jungle and finds out that all of his food is gone? I guess I am just saying I could have done with out the whole swaddle the baby crap and done with more of the hatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else??

+ Reply to Thread