+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Truthfully, we won't know that Shannon is dead until we see them lower her into the ground. So she got shot - - Sawyer got shot a few episodes ago and he's not dead. I need to rewatch the episode, but could they have been splicing together 2 different scenes, like they did in "Silence of the Lambs?"

This timeline is still irritating me. Shannon says she's 20. Her father died when she was 18. That would be 2 years before the plane crash. If you go back to episode 20 of last season, "Do No Harm", Sarah is giving a speech at the wedding rehearsal dinner. She starts off by saying that 2 years ago she was in a terrible accident. So Jack and Sarah got married and also broke up directly before the plane crash? Shortest marriage on record, if you don't count Britney Spears.
    QBoots, you've hit on exactly the two things that are bothering me, too. In one scene the tailies are at least a day's hike away from our side of the island, then in the next scene, they're already to Sayid and Shannon? We know Sayid and Shannon didn't get very far away from their side of the island because she tripped not too far away from Boone's grave.

Even with all the spoilers about Shannon being the one to bite it, I didn't really believe it because it seems like a really odd dramatic choice - to kill off an entire storyline. I know people have said her contract wasn't continued, but until we hear Jack declare her dead, I'm not sure I buy it. The flight attendant from the tailies disappeared, so the producers could still say that she was the one who is "Lost" forever...especially if "Lost" doesn't mean "death" but "going over to the dark side".

And as for the timeline - we know that Sarah's recovery took a good long time (as Q mentions, I think she said at least two years in her wedding speech). So their marriage must have gone south awfully fast. Jack has said that he removed his ring and put it in a drawer - not really the action of a widower, so I assume that she didn't die from later complications, but that they broke up.

Ayiyiyiyiyiyi - looking forward to next week!! I also heard on the preview that it would be an extended show - I wonder if that means TWO WHOLE HOURS???

ETA - Just checked the ABC site and they still have Lost up for one hour next week. Also it really bothers me that the stepmother would refuse Shannon any help because all she ever does is lie around, she never does anything. She's EIGHTEEN for goodness sakes! Yes, she might be a spoiled brat, but at 18 she's teaching ballet lessons and has developed her craft enough to be accepted as an intern at a very prestigious dance company - that's no small shakes. What bee-yotch!
    Last edited by tigergirl; 11-10-2005 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    I'm not sure Sayid really saw him. I think he told Shannon he did because she had just gone on about how badly she needed for him, for someone, to believe in her. He didn't want her to feel alone anymore so he said that he saw Walt, too, so that she would know that he really believed in her and loved her.
    Sayid saw him. If you replay the episode, Sayid gets this stunned look on his face (I thought he saw the others) and then Shannon turns around and Walt's there.

Even though from the spoilers we knew Shannon was going to die, I was really upset because she had finally started to grow on me. She had a great background story this week as well. Seems like she was never a "b---h" until her stepmother threw her out at 18 to fend for her own. Never having someone to count on, including her dad who didn't provide for her, I don't blame her attitude at all. To finally have someone to care for her and believe in her and have that ripped away was heartbreaking. I totally hope Sayid goes ape---- on Ana Lucia and rips her a new one! GREAT ep!

CCL
    Totally agree with you, kimrs. I would have liked to have seen more of Shannon's backstory. See exactly what she did after her stepwitch cut her off. (Come on, like her father would have wanted her stepmother to do that). But I can see how her death moves the dramatic story forward. Sayid hasn't been doing much of late so now he'll get a big storyline visavis what happened. I think the shooting will also cause Ana Lucia to drop some of her bravado. She looked quite shocked. But maybe it'll be like Q suggested and Shannon's not really dead. Hmmm. I can see how it would be possible for the two to meet up - Shannon & Sayid were in the jungle and the others had cut inland so they could save time and get to the other side quicker. Fateful choice.
    Next week is the tailies' story. I find I don't really care about them. Maybe that'll change from watching the next episode.
    Last edited by CCL; 11-10-2005 at 09:12 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse
    We were just talking about this. A few weeks ago Qboots picked up on this little tidbit. When Sarah (jacks future) wife was brought in after her accident they announced the other mans name and time of death (8:15 I think) and Qboots realized that Rutherford was shannons last name and This was her dad who had died. I think Jack may have been able to save him, however he chose to do Sarah instead.

So to answer that question...yes, Jack was there. And it was jacks future wife who killed him. How clever the writers are...but not AS clever as Qboots...but watch out...Twiddler is trying to take over as Qboots prodigy!
    But last night, the dr. told Shannon and her stepmom that her dad stopped breathing at the accident scene. So Jack apparantly made the right decision and chose to work on Sarah in the ER as she was the one most likely to live and Mr. Rutherford was being kept alive via artificial means in both the ambulance and the ER.

Triage is something dr. are trained to do and its not easy to pick and choose which ones get the care and which ones don't, but they are trained to evaluate quickly which person is the most likely candidate to respond to their treatment and that's what Jac had to do in the Er.

BTW, he appears briefly coming down the hallway and goes around the dr. that talks to Shannon and her stepmom. He's only on air about 3-4 seconds.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    I really like this theory.

I have to agree. It makes sense. But who knows the writers love to tease us and go off on wild tangents.

sidebar: I just saw Wedding Date with Debra Messing and Dermot Mulroney. There is a cameo in the movie of a bartender and it looks like the actor that plays Desmond on Lost. Does anyone know if it is? His name in the movie is Woody.

Hmmmm......can anyone get a pic of Shannon's "gut wound"? I'm thinking maybe she wasn't shot, but stabbed.....

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse
    Wow, that was one quick strecher they made!
    I was watching LOST with my roommies last night and when ??? said, "We need to make a stretcher.", they both snorted and said, sarcastically, "Yeah, like how are they going to do that!?"

Without thinking, I turned to them and said, "Well, you'd use bamboo poles for the stretchers and then weave vines for the litter basket."

(you could have heard crickets ~chirping~ in the silence...)

Lo and behold, that's exactly what they showed the end result to be. I got teased mercilessly the rest of the night.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs
    Seems like she was never a "b---h" until her stepmother threw her out at 18 to fend for her own. Never having someone to count on, including her dad who didn't provide for her, I don't blame her attitude at all. !
    OK, have a theory here (twiddler you're not the only one with crazy theories. )

At the dance studio a french father approaches Shannons co-dance teacher and wants her to be his au pair and Shannon and the other teacher discuss it and laugh that its not all he wants.
    So, am wondering if he ends up being Shannon's french boyfriend who we know she had because Boone mentions it when they are trying to decifer the french recorded message. This man is probably rich and she then gets to live as a spoiled rich mistress for a while after the stepmom leaves her penniless.
    You know how the writers like to throw in people all over the place that inter-relate, so the French man in the dance studio could end up hiring Shannon as the au pair as she needs a job now that good old stepmom has screwed her out of money and they end up having an affair.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    I was watching LOST with my roommies last night and when ??? said, "We need to make a stretcher.", they both snorted and said, sarcastically, "Yeah, like how are they going to do that!?"

Without thinking, I turned to them and said, "Well, you'd use bamboo poles for the stretchers and then weave vines for the litter basket."

(you could have heard crickets ~chirping~ in the silence...)

Lo and behold, that's exactly what they showed the end result to be. I got teased mercilessly the rest of the night.
    Good call lambikins. But my husband pointed out that making that stretcher took some time and with AL being so darned impatient to get out of there, I can't see her sitting still while they wove all those vines. That was not a 5 min. stretcher making break. LOL!

+ Reply to Thread