+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Ok, I had already logged off but I had to come back to comment on Shannon's flashbacks. Seeing them before her death made her seem more human. It was genius the way they pulled us in, made us hate the stepmother, and feel sorry for Shannon. Otherwise, I don't think I would've cared that she died.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy
    Man, Shannon's stepmom may be a bitch but her father was a real a** to pick her, subject his daughter to her, and not provide for her. And how creepy is it that Boone was infatuated with someone who looks so much like his own mother?

Speculation: How do we know that Shannon's father really did not leave a will. We have only Sabrina's word for it. Maybe she destroyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    Speculation: How do we know that Shannon's father really did not leave a will. We have only Sabrina's word for it. Maybe she destroyed it.
    I was thinking the same thing. Do we know that Shannon's father did for a living? What made him so rich? Maybe Shannon's father was really loaded and evil stepmom married him for the money. A real gold-digger type who wanted it all. It would not have bothered her much to tell Shannon that there was no money. And at 18, Shannon wouldn't know any different.

I think there was a will. Why would Shannon have made mention of the will, only to be corrected by stepmom that they had a living trust or whatever it was that she said?

The thing with a will is that the lawyer has the original copy so if there was a will, it would not have been destroyed. A copy of the will could be destroyed, but the original is in the hands of the lawyer (at least mine is!)

But that just opens up another question.....if there was a will, where was the lawyer who had it? The one thing that I keep thinking is that daddy's death and getting this internship happened close together. Shannon might have been packing to go shortly after daddy's death and maybe the lawyer had not yet gotten around to finalizing all the financial matters.

I also agree with a post that was made earlier that Ana Lucia did not kill Shannon. From what I remember it was posted on ABC that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the viewers are not supposed to know who the killer is for a few weeks
    ...better to be safe than sorry so I am putting that in spoiler brackets. That to me would point to someone else pulling the trigger.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Do we know for sure that Shannon is dead? I'm thinking she probably is, but anything is possible. Also, why did Boone have a trust fund and Shannon didn't? I'm with you too on why they would kill off both Boone and Shannon.

They did say it was an extended episode next week, but I don't know that there will be a new one the week after. That is the day before Thanksgiving, and I know they showed a Kenny Chesney concert was going to be on in 2 weeks at 8, but I don't remember how long it was. It's entirely possible that there will be a new episode next week and then there won't be another one for two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by nemanomine
    Do we know for sure that Shannon is dead? I'm thinking she probably is, but anything is possible. Also, why did Boone have a trust fund and Shannon didn't? I'm with you too on why they would kill off both Boone and Shannon.
    Truthfully, we won't know that Shannon is dead until we see them lower her into the ground. So she got shot - - Sawyer got shot a few episodes ago and he's not dead. I need to rewatch the episode, but could they have been splicing together 2 different scenes, like they did in "Silence of the Lambs?" (You know, when Jame Gumb's doorbell rings and we think his house is surrounded by FBI but it turns out to be Clarice Starling all alone, in a completely different city?) The tailies crossed over a small river and then carried Sawyer up a very steep hill. This is where Ana-Lucia pulls out a gun when she realizes Cindy is gone. Shannon and Sayid are on the beach when they "see" Walt. Shannon only runs about 10 feet into the bush before she's shot. Is there really a steep ravine 10 feet from the beach? Wouldn't it get flooded at every high tide? Besides, at one point the tailies say they are still at least a day away from where our castaways are.

As for the trust fund, Boone's father must have died when he was young, allowing his mother to get married to Shannon's Dad. Maybe Boone's Dad was smarter about providing for his child than Shannon's father was.

This timeline is still irritating me. Shannon says she's 20. Her father died when she was 18. That would be 2 years before the plane crash. If you go back to episode 20 of last season, "Do No Harm", Sarah is giving a speech at the wedding rehearsal dinner. She starts off by saying that 2 years ago she was in a terrible accident. So Jack and Sarah got married and also broke up directly before the plane crash? Shortest marriage on record, if you don't count Britney Spears.
    Last edited by Qboots; 11-10-2005 at 02:58 AM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Can't resist coming here to see what's happening before I watch the next episode ( when my computer "finds" it for me! )

Something I've been thinking about, I haven't seen mentioned and I'm wondering if anyone else has thought about this.

The plan is that the show could last up to 8 years. If each series covers roughly 40 days, what are they going to do with Walt? He can't be 10 for 8 years, not if he's played by the same actor!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Shannon we barely knew ye....

Way to go, writing staff, making her likeable or at least a character more easier to pull for just in time to presumably snuff her out.

Frankly I wouldn't have minded if it had been Sayid, Jack or Kate that had bought that bullet. They sure aren't driving the storyline and haven't for some time after I'd gotten used to thinking of them as part of the indispensable 4 along with baldy.

Sayid looked as if he had murder or at least womanslaughter on his mind at the end there. I hope he follows through with it, quick draw chicky is someone I don't care for in the least.

I'm going to assume being gut shot is something herbal remedies isn't likely to be much good for in Shannon's case. Sawyer provided a little 'hmmm' when his eyes rolled back, but I never really thought his shoulder wound would turn so wrong so quick as to kill off someone of such prominence.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    Maggie Grace broke my heart as Shannon this week. What a wonderful job she did.I hate that we will not be seeing anymore Shannon stories or anymore Shayid scenes. They were so sweet at the begining and so heart breaking when she begged him to believe in her and when she got shot and he was holding her.
    As for Ana? In next week's ep they are really gonna have to work hard to make her likbal because as of now I HATE her. I didn't like her before and now I hate her!
    Everytime we hear those voices I get soo creeped out and tonight the others seemed even creepier somehow...Next week? I can't wait!
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC
    I was thinking the same thing. Do we know that Shannon's father did for a living? What made him so rich? Maybe Shannon's father was really loaded and evil stepmom married him for the money. A real gold-digger type who wanted it all. It would not have bothered her much to tell Shannon that there was no money. And at 18, Shannon wouldn't know any different.

I think there was a will. Why would Shannon have made mention of the will, only to be corrected by stepmom that they had a living trust or whatever it was that she said?

The thing with a will is that the lawyer has the original copy so if there was a will, it would not have been destroyed. A copy of the will could be destroyed, but the original is in the hands of the lawyer (at least mine is!)

But that just opens up another question.....if there was a will, where was the lawyer who had it? The one thing that I keep thinking is that daddy's death and getting this internship happened close together. Shannon might have been packing to go shortly after daddy's death and maybe the lawyer had not yet gotten around to finalizing all the financial matters.
    I work in a law office and can tell you that it is a possibility that there was a living trust, but with a child from a previous relationship, I would think that there would be a provision made for her, unless Shannon and her dad were on the outs. As for storing a will, while our attorneys counsel leaving the will with us for safekeeping, the original can be stored by the owner anywhere they want...home safe, safe deposit box (bad choice). If the will is probated, all beneficiaries must be notified, so Shannon would have been notified. I think that the step mom pulled one over Shannon and Boone was probably aware of the deception.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

+ Reply to Thread