+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Sugar coated with a bite lemon_drop's Avatar
    AL was just trigger happy. How could a female yelling, "Walt!!" be confused with the silent, deadly Others???
    "Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past once more?"

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz
    Sarah?

Sarah, Jacks wife. QBoots picked it up awhile ago, but none of the real world watchers of Lost were believing me when I told them about this. Sarah had a head on collision and Jack had to try to save one of the lives, either Sarah, ,or Mr. Rutherford and he went over and started on Sarah.

Sayid is going to kill AL. After pining for Nadia all these years he finally fell in love with Shannon. He lost his dear friend who killed himself in front of Sayid, and now Shannon dies in front of him too. How ever will Sayid and AL co-exist. he was carrying that gun when they went to the tent and had told shannon that now he had someone he wanted to protect!!! Then he coudln't after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My big question from tonight is: how did Shannon go from being the independant girl in the flashbacks to the spoiled brat who crashed on the island? And now that she's dead we'll never get another flashback to let us find out. I thought we would meet her husband tonight.

Also, there were originally 23 tailies. 3 disappeared on night #1, then 9 more two weeks later. But we've only seen 5. What about the other 6? I guess we'll find out next week.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I am not "getting" why she pulled the trigger so quickly in view of what she has past said
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Yeah, right after she said that "they" couldn't be stopped by one bullet from one gun.
    Maybe we just need to see this in slow mo from AL flashback to present kind of thing - the way they replayed the hatch and Desmond from the different perspectives. Still, Not liking Ana Lucia!

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    Hey...it says next week will be a special extended Lost. Any ideas how long it is extended? My DVR is showing its only one hour and I don't want to miss any of it!

As far as Shannon being independant I don't really see that. I think she was mad and didn't like her wicked step mother. Her dad was obviously the one paying her rent before he died...if not then her check wouldn't have bounced. So daddy had been taking care of her and then mommy dearest got greedy and didnt' want to share. I think Boone's mom offended her so badly that she wanted to prove herself to them. Maybe thats just me though.

However I also wonder what is up with AL shooting Shannon. What is it that the others have done or said or looked like that would make AL think that she was one of them? I don't think she was that trigger happy actually. She seems pretty calm and collected in general. So even if she was fearful that the others were close, I don't see her as being that type that was going to jump and fire right away without seeing what else was there. She only had one bullet. I will have to ponder that now instead of getting to sleep. What would make AL think a clean, well dressed woman yelling Walt would be others? Surely Micheal and Jin would have mentioned that they were getting close to camp. Sayid didn't take Shannon that far from base. It seemed like all the others were dirty. (legs at least). hmmmm. I guess maybe AL was just trigger happy
    Click to see Spoiler:
    didn't someone say AL was supposed to be some cop though?
    Last edited by poutymouse; 11-09-2005 at 10:20 PM.

I have a problem. In tonight's flashbacks, Shannon was 18 when her Dad died in the accident. That was 2 years ago, because she's 20 now. Jack ran into Desmond on the same day as the accident but Desmond has been manning the island computer for three years, hasn't he?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

My big question from tonight is: how did Shannon go from being the independant girl in the flashbacks to the spoiled brat who crashed on the island? And now that she's dead we'll never get another flashback to let us find out. I thought we would meet her husband tonight.

Also, there were originally 23 tailies. 3 disappeared on night #1, then 9 more two weeks later. But we've only seen 5. What about the other 6? I guess we'll find out next week.

Your absolutely right! They left so many unanswered questions about Shannon's past! Did she go to NY, did she follow through on the internship, how did she meet her husband??? We know she succeeded in getting back some of her money, through the scams she pulled on Boone, but I would not agree with the producers, that her storyline was finished.

I knew it was coming, but how sad. Poor Sayid. I officially hate AL now.

All I can say is that the writers are making all of us DESPISE Anna Lucia- My son and I were cursing her all night long because we hate her so much, well before she shot Shannon. God, if they make her a love interest for Jack or Sawyer I will become violently ill. She is a truly good actress with a nasty role, 'cause I want to kill her!(figuratively speaking!)
    Go Tigers!

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I have a problem. In tonight's flashbacks, Shannon was 18 when her Dad died in the accident. That was 2 years ago, because she's 20 now. Jack ran into Desmond on the same day as the accident but Desmond has been manning the island computer for three years, hasn't he?
    That is really interesting. You're too good. You never miss a thing, Qboots!

+ Reply to Thread