+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Well actually,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the episode, November 9th, when Shannon is allegedly 'killed', will be a Shanon-centric episode, with Boone in her flashback. And yes, this has already been confirmed. I have seen the pictures from the episode, and I have to say, Boone's hair, is bad. VERY BAD. Like, 80's bad.

We aren't gonna get what's next! That's the whole point. The show is written one story at a time. We aren't going to be given a hint. Period. It's all about ratings, which they have already. We have to just wait.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    the ABC recap does indicate for one thing, how to spell Mr. Eko, and indicates that the teddy bear carrier / "other" is a child.
    I'm glad the ABC site finally told us how to spell his name. Up 'til now they were calling him "Mysterious Island Man". I've been spelling it "Ako" since that's how it was spelled on IMDb and I figured they might know.

Poutymouse:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    about the Boone flashbacks, Canada Champ is right, he's in the next episode - the one about Shannon. Where she may or may not die, depending if the spoilers are correct. But it's still possible that he could return in future flashbacks that take place in the airport, or on the plane before the crash. Maybe someone could have a dream or a hallucination about him. Or since the characters have a lot of mysterious cross-connections with each other he could even show up in someone else's flashback. We can always hope.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Click to see Spoiler:
    about Shannon dying, Someone is definately dying next episode. the preview did say "one of the survivors will be lost forever"

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler
    "blushes" Eh...I try. I just find em and post em, ya know? Please, though....call me Twid...or Greg. Either one

Oh...and if I don't post for the next two weeks, it's because I'm going undercover.....in my basement...with a pad and pen. Gonna rewatch every episode....take notes....turn slowly into Qboots....."
    There is no higher aspiration for a FORT LOST fan! Good luck!

My hearing of a couple of the recurrent questions above...Mr. Eco (thank you, QBoots!) said he had lost the trail of Michael and told Jin to wait while he went back and tried to refind it. When Jin said "Others?" and Mr. Eco nodded he was probably confirming that the killing was done by "others" rather than "Others", although if he'd heard the story from Michael he could have known the front section's term, as was already pointed out. Just before Michael, Eco and Jin turned back Jin said to Mike "You find Walt"...which in the context could have meant you will find him someday, or could have meant go ahead and look for him now, but probably the former since they were kind of trying to persuade Michael to return to the group. That was the only "discussion" that convinced Michael to return with them...plus the futility of the approach he was using no doubt.
    I wondered about the no shoes/no footprints thing also. Their feet could get really callused so they may have learned to get along without shoes, which when they wear out are hard to replace. I know a modern dancer with calluses so thick (she dances barefoot) that she can literally walk across broken glass without a problem. Not sure how that explains the no footprint thing...good link to the earlier beach scene....
    I"m amazed the official site said the teddy bear carrier was a child. The "child's" legs certainly didn't look childlike to me. Maybe a teenager? But would they call that a child?
    Loved how the Jin/Sun meeting tied in the when you find your love there will be orange thing and the when you are not looking for it (literally, since he kind of backed into her, being busy looking at the girl in orange) you will find it thing. I also thought the ring would be with the bottle (pats self on back). They missed an op there tho, to comment that it fell off because people had lost weight.
    Sorry for the length of the post...so many posts to respond to and trying not to multi-post!

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Concerning the 'no footprints' thing: I took it as the fact that they were good at hiding/covering up their own tracks, so it makes it look like there are none whatsoever.

sidenote/

The only thing about the spoiler tags is that it doesn't spoiler the content in email notifications. So if you don't want to be spoilered, turn off your email notifications.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    Concerning the 'no footprints' thing: I took it as the fact that they were good at hiding/covering up their own tracks, so it makes it look like there are none whatsoever.

When we saw the legs passing by Jin and Eko, it looked like they were just walking along, not in stealth mode or anything.

I think the "no footprints" is a clue, or as Damon says "an easter egg" - (perhaps meant to drive fans crazy). What would make it possible for them to walk normally, and not leave a footprint???

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    When we saw the legs passing by Jin and Eko, it looked like they were just walking along, not in stealth mode or anything.

I think the "no footprints" is a clue, or as Damon says "an easter egg" - (perhaps meant to drive fans crazy). What would make it possible for them to walk normally, and not leave a footprint???
    I've always heard that when Native Americans of the last few hundred years would hunt, they would walk toe down first then heel to avoid making sound so they could hunt stealthily. The others were walking heel down then two like people normally walk, so that can't be the case here.
    I think they are just careful where they walk and how.
    I'm sure that many Army and Marine recon men can tell you how to walk in the wilderness without leaving a trail.

The foot print Michael left was left as he was carelessly flailing around in the woods looking for walt without a care who heard him, where he went, etc.

The others presumably have been at this game awhile so therefore would be more stealthy in traveling around the island. OR there are more underground passages where they can travel around the island without leaving footprints above in the vegetation and sand.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog Thanks for the answer, and it makes sense. I have a hunch though, that there is more to it then that. Only time will tell....... In the meantime, it's fun speculating!

+ Reply to Thread