+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy
    I like the character development as well. The backstory wasnt what made it slow; we get those every week. It was actually the island activity or lack thereof that seemed slow. A lot of vapid dialogue and wandering in the jungle. I thought one of the great parts of the show was when there was complete silence and all we heard were the sounds of the island, panning around to see Jin and Eko in the bushes and then the legs of the others.
    I loved that scene as well!

But I also loved the whole episode! As I was fast forwarding through the commercials, and I was half way through the show I was complaining because I didn't want it to end.

I have really enjoyed these last two, slower paced, character driven shows. I do not need huge reveals every week.

I doubt very much that Ethan was from this group of others as he was too cleaned up. Which of course leads me to believe we have multiple groups of others. Perhaps some left over from those who were researchers and some from those that were the subjects of research.

Also I very much think they should have had Mr. Ekko give Jin a blank look when he asked about "the 'udders'..." since non of them have used that term.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ARFan65
    I

I doubt very much that Ethan was from this group of others as he was too cleaned up. Which of course leads me to believe we have multiple groups of others. Perhaps some left over from those who were researchers and some from those that were the subjects of research.
    i was just thinking....when you said Ethan was so cleaned up. Maybe he was down in the Hatch or anthe hatch where there was a shower? Maybe if they find that 3rd hatch, we will then find out who Ethan really was? just a thought

FORT Fan
    I just rewatched that scene with jin and Eko. I think you might have been looking at the FIRST set of eyes you see, which are Jin's because as it keeps on panning over you see Eko on the left of him (right of him in real life). I didn't see anyone else at all.

Ethan wasn't that clean and he could have swiped a set of clothes from the survivors, and remember he did have some sort of rash that the doc looked at for him.

I think these others are the other survivors from the tail. I think they got sick the same way that the French woman's group did and I think they went nuts.
    I find it strange that no one else thinks its strange that jin has a handcuff on his wrist.
    I don't know if it was mentioned earlier but there was a huge mistake in "Adrift". Sawyer says the French chic said the Others were coming for the kid, but she said that to Charlie & Sayid long after the raft had already been out to sea.
    I think Walt's mom might have been part of the Dharma Initiative. One of the things they were studying was Eugenics, the study of hereditary improvement of the human race by controlled selective breeding. She certainly wanted a kid with Michael but did not want anything to do with him after that. And she certainly seemed to shoot up the ranks of that law firm pretty fast. Maybe some outside help with that?
    Hmm. I have this dream. I'm driving a bus. And my teeth start falling out. My mum is in the back. Eating biscuits. Everything smells of bacon. It's weird. 'Course then I wake up screaming.

Introducing...the first promo....for...Lost: Markville Edition...

http://rapidshare.de/files/6529911/L...ition.mov.html

Enjoy
    Last edited by Twiddler; 10-20-2005 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    I don't care who dies as long as it isn't Sawyer or Sayid.

I'll give a big huge SECOND on that!! These are the two sexiest guys on the show and both really add a lot to the storyline and sexual tension. I also think Jin is pretty hot too. Unfortunately, the main character, Jack, just doesn't do it for me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood
    Ethan wasn't that clean and he could have swiped a set of clothes from the survivors, and remember he did have some sort of rash that the doc looked at for him.
    Ethan didn't have a rash. That was Sullivan.

There needs to be more discussion of the actual crash, between the two sets of survivors. For example, our castaways need to tell the tail-section folks that they know where the cockpit is and that the pilot was eaten by a monster.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by ARFan65
    I loved that scene as well!

But I also loved the whole episode! As I was fast forwarding through the commercials, and I was half way through the show I was complaining because I didn't want it to end.

I have really enjoyed these last two, slower paced, character driven shows. I do not need huge reveals every week.
    ITA with everything you say. I find myself wanting the show not to end each week.

I don't need big reveals each week either. If this were happening in real life, the survivors would not be solving the mysteries of the island in a month or two.

LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    There needs to be more discussion of the actual crash, between the two sets of survivors. For example, our castaways need to tell the tail-section folks that they know where the cockpit is and that the pilot was eaten by a monster.
    I would have thought so too, Qboots, that the "front" passengers would have been talking about what happened after the crash, etc. and sharing stories with the "back" passengers. However, I don't think any of the three "fronties" that are with the "backies" right now, Jin, Michael and Sawyer, were actually with the group that went to find the cockpit and saw the monster eat the pilot. I could be wrong, as I don't remember exactly way back to last season, but I thought there was only 3 people on that trip, and it was Jack, who tried to revive the pilot and was the one who found out they were 1000 miles off course, Kate, who screamed really loud when the monster ate the pilot and she saw him hanging in the trees, and Charlie, who was digging through the lavatory on the airplane looking for his lost stash of drugs. I don't know that the three on that trip ever told everyone else (or, specifically, these three guys) about the monster, how far off course they were, etc. I'm shocked that Bernard wasn't asking more questions about Rose, as it was revealed in the prior episode that he found out she was with the "fronties" and I thought he'd want to know how things had been for her, was she injured (you know, after falling from the sky), etc.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread