+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

with lost, there is absolutely SO much going on in any given episode, that a lot of the time it helps knowing certain things that are going on so that you can pay attention to other details. For example seeing people in the background and recognizing them as linked to the characters. Boone and Shannon's father in the medical room, Walt's face on the milk carton, the people in the orientation film, etc. For me, if i had to pay attention to the specific plot at hand, it would be infinately harder to catch all the other treats hidden within the episodes. and you don't have to look at them which is a huge plus on this board having the spoiler tags.

i'm pretty excited for tomorrow night's episode. I want to know what it is that comes near Jin as shown on the previews!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel
    with lost, there is absolutely SO much going on in any given episode, that a lot of the time it helps knowing certain things that are going on so that you can pay attention to other details. For example seeing people in the background and recognizing them as linked to the characters. Boone and Shannon's father in the medical room, Walt's face on the milk carton, the people in the orientation film, etc. For me, if i had to pay attention to the specific plot at hand, it would be infinately harder to catch all the other treats hidden within the episodes. and you don't have to look at them which is a huge plus on this board having the spoiler tags.

i'm pretty excited for tomorrow night's episode. I want to know what it is that comes near Jin as shown on the previews!

i understand that you want to look for the smaller things, but thats why i love this forum as there are other people that can pick it up so quickly. i like to pay attention to the plot as that is the most exciting thing. and then going on here and listening to the things that everyone finds is also fun but id rather be the person who is surpised during the show about someone dying or them finding another plane than about a milk carton.

to each their own i like it all. the small and big. thankfully lost isn't experiencing a huge sophmore slump like desperate housewives seems to be.

Canada_Champ
    Click to see Spoiler:
    thank you for the date of the episode where the death occurs. now why oh why do i have to write one of my GREs nov 12

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    No prob, Angel.

And jeff, personally, I read spoilers. Why? I dont really know why. But most of the time, the spoilers don't give away TOO much. Take, for instance, when Boone died last season. Did I know he was going to die, right from the start of the episode? Yes. But it didnt' take away any enjoyment, because I found myself wanting to know HOW he died, and how the writers were approaching the situation. Most of the time, we get spoilers like "Ethan makes a return appearance in the upcomming Charlie-centric episode" (just to clarify, the preceeding was from LAST season, so no one worry, Ethan isnt coming back from the dead. although i wouldnt put anything past the writers...). Did that explain anything about why he returned, or what would happen because of it? Not really. THAT is why we tune in. To see how the situations are approached, and what happens inbetween the big stuff.

FORT Fan
    i agree canada and thats a very good reason, thank you. but the 'big stuff' is the 'big reason' why we all watch the show. i mean if you knew that boone was going to die, that's a big thing. yes the parts leading up to it was exciting but for the last 2/3 of the show when they were tryin to get him back to life and doing all these different things, you sat there knowing he was going to die, so it was a waste of you sitting there watching most of what jack was doing and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99
    why do people want to be spoiled?

I'm on your side, xjeff99. I'm glad for spoiler tags and that people are cooperative about using them. I do not want to read spoilers, although I enjoy learning about little details that I missed -- after the fact.

To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99
    i understand that you want to look for the smaller things, but thats why i love this forum as there are other people that can pick it up so quickly. i like to pay attention to the plot as that is the most exciting thing. and then going on here and listening to the things that everyone finds is also fun but id rather be the person who is surpised during the show about someone dying or them finding another plane than about a milk carton.
    xjeff99This is the best way that I can think to explain it to you:

People fall into THREE catagories:

1)VIRGINS: Spoil-free=These are the folks that belief in blind faith. They love the mystery, they love the 'element of surprise' and things unfolding in a real time situation. These are the people who never snuck into their parents closets as kids, rooting around to see "what presents Santa brought them. They also never removed gift wrap from a package and retaped it nor jiggled a package trying to 'guess' what was inside. Regarding being surprised, the unveiling of the surprise is of equal or greater value than the actual event.

I most certainly fall into the above catagory.

2) 2nd Base but NOT 3rd: Selective spoilerism=This is where a preponderance of people fall. My girlfriend is in this catagory. She not only reads the entire book jacket, whereby they say "When Ace dectective Sam finds his partner shot in the head, he flies to Europe, only to discover...." . My attitude is "Why even bother reading the book when you already know what's happening in the first 60 pages!!???? Her attitude is "it's no different (book jackets and spoilers for shows) than movie trailers." It wets her appetite for the book, movie, tv show and she doesn't feel cheated AT ALL! She loves it and welcomes it. Regarding presents, she hounds the giver with "What did you get me?! What did you get me!?". She's not above jiggling packages or smelling them (???) and when viewing a movie or tv show, will spend more time trying to guess how it ends than just sitting there and waiting for it to unfurl. Again,

3) 3rd base and around the block (or "Spoiler Whores", the affectionate name given Buffy the Vampire viewers that had to know it ALL!!!: These are the folks that make it a mission in life to troll every single board they can find, every article, every snippet of info to find out as much as they can (speculative or real) about the subject they fancy. It's all about "digging out the truth" and I suspect these people could be excellent in the field of Homeland Security or Crime Scene Investigations! No clue is discounted, no rumor is too wild...they are bloodhounds for the 'truth' and they almost enjoy the rumors more than the event. I remember from my Buffy days that 28 pages of spoilers would be posted on ONE SINGLE EVENT of a show, and once it aired, when the show didn't pan out to be as dramatic or wild as the spoilers, they were disappointed in events. Never content to rest, Spoiler Whores are now onto the NEXT juicy tidbit, speculation and conjecture for the next film, book or show. These are also the people who will hunt down every single present, opent the boxes, play with the mercandise OR read the end of a book first so that they know how it ends.

And never the twain shall meet. I hope that this helps you understand why some folks just LOVE spoilers and others to remain spoiler-free.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Great analogies, lambikins! Just throw me in with all of the "Spoiler Whores" because I'm going all the way!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    I enjoy reading many spoilers because as often as not they're either too vague to yield anything but more speculation, or they turn out to be wrong. What I don't want to read is anything that tells me exactly what is going to happen and how, but even in the spoiler tags that doesn't happen very often.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago
    Great analogies, lambikins! Just throw me in with all of the "Spoiler Whores" because I'm going all the way!
    Okay, lidago, you'll be a LOST Loose Woman, then. Or Locke's Lost Lady or Sawyer's Strumpet or Hurley's Harlot....you get the idea.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread