+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

  1. #1371
    What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Down the rabbit hole
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    OK, I think I've read just about every one of the posts on this site including all the discussion of Ethan, but the newpaper article above contains a new piece of info on Ethan that supposedly comes from one of the show sponsored sites. Information that seems to contradict what we've learned on the show. Am I missing something? Or isn't this a major contradiction?
    I read the article and thought the same thing, PWS. I thought the point was that he WASN'T on the manifest?

  2. #1372
    FORT Fogey cricketeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,696
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    OK, I think I've read just about every one of the posts on this site including all the discussion of Ethan, but the newpaper article above contains a new piece of info on Ethan that supposedly comes from one of the show sponsored sites. Information that seems to contradict what we've learned on the show. Am I missing something? Or isn't this a major contradiction?
    Don't know if you've visited the website in question? This reporter was being unclear. The website has a game you can play to unscramble the anagram Ethan Rom. When you are successful, you get a little reward. He does not have a seat on the plane at that website.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

  3. #1373
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by ARFan65
    Regarding when the crash toook place.

    It is my thought that the Losties boarded flight 815 in September of 2004.

    When the "crash" took place is anyone's guess...

    It is my thought that there is no way for them to survive a crash like that in as good physical condition as they were. So I am thinking that the wreckage was staged, and then they were placed there, drugged of course...

    Surely this is not what happened, as it isn't simple enough... but it is what keeps occurring to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    My only issue with that theory is that Claire knew how far along she was and the baby was born on time.
    I wasn't clear in my statement above, I wan't thinking much extra time passed for the folks on the plane, I was suggesting that they were drugged, safely deplaned, and then deposited on a staged "crash site" to be observed.

    Again I think that is too involved and inelegant to be what will ultimately will be seen as what happened.

    This overall idea stems from the thought that if the "Island Powers That Be" really were trying to arrange for these specific people to be there on the Island then the mid-air destruction of the plane they were on is an extremely risky method of getting them there. If these specific people were not needed then why the hints that there previous lives were somehow intertwined?

  4. #1374
    What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Down the rabbit hole
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    Don't know if you've visited the website in question? This reporter was being unclear. The website has a game you can play to unscramble the anagram Ethan Rom. When you are successful, you get a little reward. He does not have a seat on the plane at that website.
    Thanks for clarifying! My dial-up connection is fairly slow, and I've had a hard time getting to the site, so I'm always interested in hearing what others have found there!

  5. #1375
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,852
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    Don't know if you've visited the website in question? This reporter was being unclear. The website has a game you can play to unscramble the anagram Ethan Rom. When you are successful, you get a little reward. He does not have a seat on the plane at that website.
    Nope haven't visited the website...am trying to keep my LOST (and FORT) addiction under control. Failing pretty badly but head still barely above water....
    Re Ethan's seat...yes, I was sure I remembered Hurley saying he wasn't on the manifest...that was crucial to the whole Ethan expose. Jeepers, reporters should learn to write more clearly--especially about something as important as LOST!

  6. #1376
    FORT Fogey cricketeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,696
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Nope haven't visited the website...am trying to keep my LOST (and FORT) addiction under control. Failing pretty badly but head still barely above water....
    (In my best Darth Vader) come to the dark side.......
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

  7. #1377
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,852
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    (In my best Darth Vader) come to the dark side.......
    Nooo, noooooo....glug glug glugggg

  8. #1378
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,440
    Quote Originally Posted by ARFan65
    I wasn't clear in my statement above, I wan't thinking much extra time passed for the folks on the plane, I was suggesting that they were drugged, safely deplaned, and then deposited on a staged "crash site" to be observed.

    Again I think that is too involved and inelegant to be what will ultimately will be seen as what happened.

    This overall idea stems from the thought that if the "Island Powers That Be" really were trying to arrange for these specific people to be there on the Island then the mid-air destruction of the plane they were on is an extremely risky method of getting them there. If these specific people were not needed then why the hints that there previous lives were somehow intertwined?
    I suggested a somewhat similar theory recently. It does seem unlikely that a plane that broke in half in midflight would crash with so many survivors with minor injuries. I also wondered about the possibility of implanted life memories in our survivors. As you say, it's probably not what happened, but you never know.

    I had another thought regarding character names. Now that we know Sawyer's real name is James Ford, it reminded me of Jesse James who was bretayed by Robert Ford, a member of his gang. Not completely different from what Hibbs (not sure if I've got that name right) did to Sawyer.

  9. #1379
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,440
    I apologize for two consecutive posts, but I just saw the following and wanted to share it. According to Kristin at the following link:

    http://www.eonline.com/Insider/Board...jspa?annID=191

    Click to see Spoiler:
    Do NOT read if you don't want to know, but I just found out HOW the female on Lost dies and ... I want to cry. I'm not kidding.

    It's so shocking. So good. And so unbelievable.

    The doomed female dies NOT at the hands of the monster. But it is at the hands of someone we know who .... well, given this twist, just might BE a monster.

    Holy @#$@@#! End of quote.

    My first thought is that Vincent kills Shannon. Why did Walt leave Vincent with her? Or, if not Shannon, would Vincent kill anyone he perceived to be a threat to Walt?

    Or, is it possible Walt's experience with whoever took him has changed from the sweet little boy we knew and it is he who does the killing?


    I'm finding this plot point, to quote Mr. Spock, "fascinating"!

  10. #1380
    FORT Fanatic getreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler
    Hey...does anyone know where I can find the Lost theme music and a sound clip of the "beat" before commercials? Need them for a Comm Tech project....Lost: Markville Edition...

    If you check out the old computer game "Myst", the Lost "beat" sounds like the same effect used in the title sequence and throughout the game of Myst.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.