+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    Can I go back a moment to the Hurley lotto thing again? Hasn't anyone here ever been poor but me? IMHO Hurely was still trying to process the fact that he had won all that money. Didn't know whether to believe it or not. He kept ahold of the ticket and kept re-checking it. Only when the boss made mention of being "rich" did Hurely quit. He showed up for work like it was any other day doing a job he hated. that is not normal for someone who has just won that much money. I think he knew his life was going to change and feared the change. He played the lotto hoping to win, but when he won he wasnt' sure what to do. He didn't run back to the store to collect his money. He went to work. He stuck with his established routine until the oppurtunity came to quit. I think "new guy" kid was hurt that Hurley didn't tell him. I doubt it had anything to do with the crappy job. Been there, done that, and believe me there is no employee loyalty at those fast food type places. I think Johnny (?) was just hurt that all night they were out riding around and he was Hurley's best friend and didn't know. He was probably wondering why Hurley didn't let on about it.

I love that Hurley made the decision to share all the food instead of blowing it up. He really has a lot of internal struggles.

It will be interesting to find out how some of the other survivors died. I wonder if they have been sacrificed to appease some "monster", ala King Kong type of situation.

I know the show has to keep its suspense, but I really don't like the snail's pace of unfolding each mystery. I want answers now!

And what does Claire use for diapers? Palm leaves?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    FIrst, cricketeen, congratulate the peanut gallery for me--seems like as good an explanation of the Others as anyone has, and fits the "facts" that we know so far...that the people on the film seem to be on the boat. (That's assuming I'm remembering whose kid it was that had the idea about the scientists refusing to give up on the experiment...so many pages to catch up on, and I"ve learned not to post a response til I get to the end as someone else almost always has the same idea as I did, before me!).
    My 2 cents on Shannon and Boone--didn't gross me out either... can even see why it would add a little thrill of the forbidden to the relationship. Of course we only saw Boone's version (drugged dream? interesting idea!), but certainly in it Shannon did seem like a major user of people. Maybe because something happened to her, maybe because she's just plain spoiled. I just don't see how the Sayid we've seen would be attracted to someone like her, and no, that's not speaking, , just doing character analysis. Honest!
    I loved that Bernard was white...I guess Jack knew that, but love that it has never come up. Count me in those who were teary eyed. Would have been nice if someone had said to him that Rose insisted he was alive...surely Jack mentioned that to someone?
    I'm also in the, it's a Milgram type experiment group. One thing about that film...something about the whole labcoat thing looked like it was made in the 40's in format (ok not the woman's hairstyle, but the doctor's attitude). Which all the more made it seem like it was made to give "authority" to the demand that the button be pushed.
    And, once again, kudos to Qboots for spotting that Locke's boss and Hurley's boss were the same obnoxious guy! And to whoever saw Walt on the side of the milkbox first! Good grief! What a call! And I agree, very weird that Hurley would dream that when he doesn't even know Walt is missing, unless he's just worried about the kid being on the raft in general.
    OK, all caught up! Thanks FORTers for all the wonderful comments, observations and theories!

How many of the 23 from the tailsection survived? I'm rewatching LOST (on ABC right now) and I missed the first part of the show. Ana, the doctor and Libby were on the beach with Sawyer, Michael and Jin. And when they got to the shelter, Bernard opened the door and inside the shelter was one woman with him. That is all I counted. Did I miss anyone?
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

And what does Claire use for diapers? Palm leaves?

that's right... I'll buy into the monster, the Others, the numbers, and the "must-be-pushed-button" ... but I draw the line at that diaper!!
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    How many of the 23 from the tailsection survived? I'm rewatching LOST (on ABC right now) and I missed the first part of the show. Ana, the doctor and Libby were on the beach with Sawyer, Michael and Jin. And when they got to the shelter, Bernard opened the door and inside the shelter was one woman with him. That is all I counted. Did I miss anyone?
    I just watched it again, too. No, that's all that's left. 5 out of the 23. I tihnk we will find out that they have been killed by the "others" as has been supposed on this thread before. I think that's why they put Michael, Jin and Sawyer in the pit.

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    Isn't Aaron (?) like a day old???? Any moms out there? Ever see a day old baby like that? Has to be at least 6 monthes. Isn't there any newborn babies out there or AT LEAST A DOLL MADE TO LOOK LIKE AN INFANT? Its not like Aaron had lines or anything!?! I love Sayid, but do y'all keep seeing the long feminine manicured nails he has? One shot he has them, a few shots later they are gone. I think perhaps they didn't crash on Earth, rather they are traveling at light speed in some outer dimension where instead of getting younger, you age 6 monthes per day. Walt, Aaron? Sayids nails?

Also...am I naive? There are many push button people and many don't push the button people. By all means isn't it pretty much established that those numbers do have a significance? Hurley's lotto, plane, numbers are popping up everywhere...airport, times etc etc. So why would those random numbers pop up if there wasn't some significance? I don't see this as an experiment to see if they would push the button or not.

Also....the hatch had been there since 80 or 81, right? Was Kelvin there since that time? I forget. At least Kelvin and Desmond had been there together for a few years. Kelvin had been there alone for some time also. There was only enough food left for 3 more monthes. Had this supply remained since 1981? Whenever Kelvin did go there, then at least that was the last time it would have been replenished, correct? Dharma had planned for 2 people to be there at all times. So Kelvin on his own would have not eaten as much food. That means in theory the food would have ran out awhile ago. If this was an experiement than how barbaric would it have been to put them in a hatch where they could not travel too far to get food because of the button pushing. So eventually all food in close proximity to the hatch would have been utilized and they would have actually starved to death.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse
    Isn't Aaron (?) like a day old???? Any moms out there? Ever see a day old baby like that? Has to be at least 6 monthes. Isn't there any newborn babies out there or AT LEAST A DOLL MADE TO LOOK LIKE AN INFANT?
    That doesn't bother me. Television has always used older babies because they're better looking than newborns (who're cute, but a little squishy) and probably slightly less fragile. My mom used to always laugh when she saw labor scenes--the woman would give birth and out pops a perfectly clean baby with its eyes open. And infant dolls always look fake. Look at any of the scenes on "ER" and they look like dolls... Plus, everything's so flukey on "Lost" that the things that seem odd don't really seem odd to me!

What's less convincing to me are people in their 20's playing high schoolers. Tom Welling is a hottie but no way does he look like he's 16 or 17 or however old he's supposed to be on "Smallville."

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    What's less convincing to me are people in their 20's playing high schoolers. Tom Welling is a hottie but no way does he look like he's 16 or 17 or however old he's supposed to be on "Smallville."
    lol. not picking on you...but why pick on welling on smallville. he got that boyish smile or something boyish.

why not mention the BH 90210 cast. haha. now that was less convincing for me. wasn't gabriella like in her 30s when she was playing a high schooler.

but yeah like what you said babies are nothing in these kind of things. we all know little ones grow fast. this you can look past it. its just those preteen shows where they try to get the teens out there go googly eyed over twenty somethings in teen roles. really unbelievable.

and this leads to the dilemna of walt. series will last till when...while pretty much each episode is like a day or week passed by. but again you forters got lots of theories on walt and his age thing.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by bell
    lol.
    and this leads to the dilemna of walt. series will last till when...while pretty much each episode is like a day or week passed by. but again you forters got lots of theories on walt and his age thing.
    I believe I read somewhere that the producers were concerned about an actor playing Walt. He is growing too fast for the time Walt supposedly spends on the island.

But I'm pretty sure they (AND Forters!) will come up with some very believable explanations to this "phenomena">

+ Reply to Thread