+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I guess I'm the only one who didn't find the Shannon/Boone relationship icky. Once I knew they were not even remotely related to each, it just didn't bother me. I was more disturbed by the nature of their "who's using who for what" relationship.

But, that's JMO.
    It didn't bother me either. I guess because they were step siblings I just wsn't upset by it. Boone seemed to really love her and thogh Shannon slept with Boone because she had nowhere to go I think she did care about him. I think her true feelings for him did not hit her until he died. Also because I am a fan of Flowers In The Attic step siblings sleeping together didn't freak me!
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    I don't know if anyone else was creeped out by her sleeping with Boone. I know they're step siblings and not related by blood,
    I thought it was ok, if not possible that they would, being raised together they would have a close bond....it's not like they were even cousins and got married like one of our presidents did.

Ok here is my take on the monster, notice it never lasts very long, just a short time burst...like long enough for someone to wake up from a beeping alarm and log in some numbers to a computer to reset a program? hmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Lea
    I also thought of something else,everyone keeps talking about the special powers that Walt has but maybe so does Rose. How else would she know that Bernand was still alive.
    Faith. Plain, simple, honest faith.

I would love to see some scenes between Locke and Rose. Both of them appear to be believers in a Higher Destiny and a Higher Power, so I think the two of them could have some very profound conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by riblit
    I think you can attribute Rose's belief in Bernard's survival as a positive attitude towards life in general (which we've seen) and the fact that it is probably impossible for her to imagine her life without him. Also, she probably feels so close to him, that she believes she would sense his absence if he were dead. Personally, I wasn't surprised that she refused to believe he was dead. What did she have to gain by giving up hope?
    A beautiful answer, riblit. I just added my bit about Rose and Locke, but your answer was perfect.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Regular
    Regarding when the crash toook place.

It is my thought that the Losties boarded flight 815 in September of 2004.

When the "crash" took place is anyone's guess...

It is my thought that there is no way for them to survive a crash like that in as good physical condition as they were. So I am thinking that the wreckage was staged, and then they were placed there, drugged of course...

Surely this is not what happened, as it isn't simple enough... but it is what keeps occurring to me.

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by ARFan65
    Regarding when the crash toook place.

It is my thought that the Losties boarded flight 815 in September of 2004.

When the "crash" took place is anyone's guess...

It is my thought that there is no way for them to survive a crash like that in as good physical condition as they were. So I am thinking that the wreckage was staged, and then they were placed there, drugged of course...

Surely this is not what happened, as it isn't simple enough... but it is what keeps occurring to me.
    I was thinking the same thing. There would have been no way that anyone could have survived a crash like that.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    Ok here is my take on the monster, notice it never lasts very long, just a short time burst...like long enough for someone to wake up from a beeping alarm and log in some numbers to a computer to reset a program? hmmmmm?

As good a theory as any at this point. I'm still in the button does nothing camp, but have been wrong so many times before.
    You've got me trying to come up with a plausible explanation for why it would be set up that way, but I keep running into brick walls when I think it through.
    Do you have a theory, joeguy?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    I'm still in the button does nothing camp, but have been wrong so many times before.
    You've got me trying to come up with a plausible explanation for why it would be set up that way, but I keep running into brick walls when I think it through.
    I'm starting to think along the lines of some kind of "psych" test, like the government used to do in the 50s.

FORT Newbie
    Has it already been said or is it me, but the guy in hurleys flashback of his boss at 'Mr Clucks' looks like the guy in locke's flashbacks at his workplace??

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixTI6
    Has it already been said or is it me, but the guy in hurleys flashback of his boss at 'Mr Clucks' looks like the guy in locke's flashbacks at his workplace??

Same guy. THE FORTers already found out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I'm starting to think along the lines of some kind of "psych" test, like the government used to do in the 50s.
    Hepcat brought that up back around page 40-45 if you want to catch up. You can look up Milram experiment on Wikipedia for the whole background.
    I think it is the best explanation given what we know so far. But one never knows. Hepcat's father is a scientist and said that 108 minutes is the time it takes for a satelite to go around earth. Just another nugget to keep in reserves.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread