+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Thanks Hep. I knew it would be too gruesome to post, but I think it shows what the tailies have been going through with their encounters with the others. It explains a lot about why there are so few of them left.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Take a look at this screencap from the preview. Does it look like the leg of 10-year-old African-American boy?

URL=http://lost-media.com/]Lost-media screencaps[/URL]
    If that's what I saw on the preview, the camera raced through the jungle at knee-height and came upon Jin's legs in the jungle, because it panned up to reveal Jin. The accompanying sound was a bit like a wild boar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bell
    an update of josh holloway aka sawyer this afternoon hawaii time: nothing much than the original news...just a statement from him or his publicist.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../br/br04p.html

Okay, we know that Josh and family are okay now, and insurance will cover the losses. So, I think there's no harm in sharing this tongue-in-cheek article about the robbery. The FULL article is at blogisblack.blogspot.com. Just go to the column on the right and scroll down to previous posts; it's worth the effort to read it!

"Thursday, October 13, 2005
    Sawyer Robbed at Gunpoint by the Others. Crazy French Woman, Monster and Black People Among Top Suspects

ZAP2IT.COM is reporting that LOST star JOSH HOLLOWAY (a.k.a. SAWYER) was robbed at gunpoint yesterday in his Honolulu home, confirming once and for all that there really are OTHERS on the island.

Holloway says he believes the thief was a crazed acolyte of his cult TV show, on the search for the significance of the series' infamous and all-powerful Numbers: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.

"It's no coincidence," Holloway says, "that this guy showed up at 4 A.M."
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon_drop
    Ahh man, I got goosebumps when he said he was Bernard!
    My daughter and I are so pathetic, we were jumping up and down when he said he was Bernard! Glad to know we weren't the only ones effected by that scene.

Thanks for the clarity, Lambikins. I misunderstood your previous explanation.

For the washer/dryer posters. I didn't notice them in the hatch, and was also disappointed they didn't follow through on that with Rose. I guess if I'd gone over a month eating bananas, berries and boar, I'd forget all about the laundry once I saw that room full of food. Seriously, though, I don't read much more into it than that. I think it was more likely just the writer's way of re-introducing Rose before revealing Bernard. I love Rose. I love Bernard.

For the Shannon haters There is supposedly
    Click to see Spoiler:
    going to be a backstory to make us sympathetic to her. Now if only they come up with one for AL
    ! Shannon is a spoiled user. AL is just loathsome. I don't care how rough life has been on that side of the island, she knew Sawyer was not an Other. He may be trouble, but basically on the same side. The big man with a stick is not enough of a threat; she had to step on his infected wound? Way over the top.

Regarding the screen cap of the leg - Maybe it is the leg of a 16 year old girl of mixed race? There is that black/white theme going on. And so many viewers assumed Bernard would be black. (I admit that I did). Why should we assume Alex will be 100% caucasian?

Has anyone ever come up with a list of the monster appearances, looking for any commonality?

I know some people were disappointed that more technical questions weren't answered, but personally, I really enjoyed having a little break from all the "sciencey" stuff (which I love) and getting, I don't know the right words, some heart?.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 10-14-2005 at 10:42 AM. Reason: and another thing.....
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I Think Ana Lucia is nasty because something happened to the other tail survivors and she can't go after the ones who did it, so she is taking it out on Sawyer, because she can. Also, he is a "bad" boy, so he probably enjoys taking it as much as she enjoys dishing it out!

I also loved the line where Sawyer said he wouldn't leave after they forced Jin and Michael out. Instead of replying, they just shut him in! Obviously they knew Jin and Michael were the slightly cooler heads to talk to(!)

cricketeen, who do you want a backstory for?? AL?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    For the Shannon haters There is supposedly
    Click to see Spoiler:
    going to be a backstory to make us sympathetic to her. Now if only they come up with one for AL
    ! Shannon is a spoiled user. AL is just loathsome. I don't care how rough life has been on that side of the island, she knew Sawyer was not an Other. He may be trouble, but basically on the same side. The big man with a stick is not enough of a threat; she had to step on his infected wound? Way over the top.
    I don't know. Sawyer was pretty dispicable in the beginning as well. His saving grace was that he's so damned hot. But when he wouldn't give Shannon her asthma medicine...Now granted, it was Shannon but ...

Which I think is kind of funny. Shannon is pretty drop dead gorgeous, but Sawyer didn't make a play for her. You would've thought he would've used her medicine to make out with her, like he did with Kate.

It wasn't until after a few episodes that we saw Sawyer's good points...

Yeah, Shannon is not my favorite character either. I wonder if her backstory will include being abused as a child or something like that. I don't know if anyone else was creeped out by her sleeping with Boone. I know they're step siblings and not related by blood, but they grew up together (he was 10, she was 8, or something like that). The ick factor was just way too high on that scenario...

If you remember, Sawyer actually didn't have Shannon's inhalers.
    They never said where they were but after the steamy Kate/Sawyer kiss, he said "I don't have it." That's why she slapped him. Because he made her kiss him under false pretenses.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    I don't know if anyone else was creeped out by her sleeping with Boone. I know they're step siblings and not related by blood, but they grew up together (he was 10, she was 8, or something like that). The ick factor was just way too high on that scenario...
    Well, I was soooooo creeped out by that scenario, that I believed then, and will always believe, that it didn't really happen. That Boone's flashbacks were altered by the hallucinogen Locke applied to his head wound. It was the only way I could keep watching this series.

And nilesgirl is right - Sawyer never had Shannon's meds. And he did kind of come on to her one time, over sunscreen I think. But he probably sees her as too high-maintenance for him.

And just in case any of the show's creators come in here and read this thread, I'd like to state that I'm very happy with the pacing of the show. You guys are asking/answering just the right amount of questions for my tastes. I'm still wondering what crippled Locke, what put Hurley in the psych ward, and what the heck ate the pilot, but I can wait.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread