+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Okay...here comes a big spoiler. I can't say who I got it from as I would be in big trouble, but it is from someone in the entertainment field.

Please do not quote the spoiler if you are going to reply to it as if some people are using a different color forum theme than me it will show up even if it in spoiler brackets.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Maggie Grace (Shannon) - has been released permanently from the show.

ETA: Due to my friends work they have met every cast member from LOST so I am 99 percent sure this is true. Leaving room for the one percent so that I can hurt him if he is wrong
    Last edited by JLuvs; 10-13-2005 at 06:34 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

The girl that Hurley had a crush on ... Starla? ... she said that if Hurley changed then the plants would die and the meteorites would rain down ... or something to that effect. Talk about an omen.

But I don't understand Hurley's trepidation towards his lottery winnings. I understand that he wanted Starla to go out with him because of HIM ... not because of his lottery winnings. And she said YES! But why would he NOT want to change his miserable life working for the chicken man, living with his verbally abusive Mom, struggling to get by .... I couldn't imagine anyone who buys lottery tickets NOT dreaming about just the good side of winning big. But Hurley seemed almost disappointed that he won and wanted to hold off on cashing it in before he could have thought that the numbers were cursed.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy
    What do people want short of them revealing the whole damn thing? Think about where we were last season and where we are now. There has been a significant amount of movement.
    But, they are creating more questions than they are giving answers. If it stays that way it's going to be a huge mess, there will be too many story lines to follow.

To Getreal:

Because he dreads change. Even good change. In his dream Jin said 'everything is about to change'. I think that was a clue to Hurley's mind set.

In a similar vein - I think there will be a Hurley/Libby or Locke/Libby connection.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Thanks, Jluvs.
    Just like I said earlier
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The girl gets some and then she gets it.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    I love how Hurley still ended up being the good guy in the end. We need him as the comic relief ...
    Hurley doesn't make me laugh. The one who IMHO has the funniest lines by far is Sawyer. LOL!

When he calls Ana Lucia "Hotlips" and she slams the lid down on him while he's in the pit talking to her, then fade to black, silence, and his reply ... I LOL.

And his classic line to Michael on the raft ... "What're you gonna do ... splash me?" followed by his bit of raft falling apart ... LOL!!

It's like every time he comes up with a sarcastic retort he suffers a humiliating consequence. That's hilarious. To me, anyway.

But just because a big dude says "Dude" all the time ... not really funny. To me, anyway. Hurley's likeable, for sure -- just not "funny-ha-ha".
    Last edited by getreal; 10-13-2005 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks, JLuv.

Click to see Spoiler:
    That should give Sayid even more angst to deal with.
    I like Shannon, but I don't think her character adds as much to the story as the others. I'm just glad it isn't Sun, who is my favorite of the females so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    To Getreal:
    Because he dreads change. Even good change. In his dream Jin said 'everything is about to change'. I think that was a clue to Hurley's mind set.
    The "change" theme was obvious throughout the episode, and I understood Hurley's feelings AFTER all the bad things which happened SINCE his winning and cashing in the lotto ticket. But BEFORE he cashed it in, during the flashbacks, why would he fear any sort of change from his life of being berated at home and at work?

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    In a similar vein - I think there will be a Hurley/Libby or Locke/Libby connection.
    I see a Sawyer/Ana Lucia connection. She smiled at him when he said he'd kill her. Bad girl likes the bad boy. Even if she can beat him up.

I'm also thinking there might be sparks between Mr. Echo and the dog, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Thank God I've got my Geology degree dusted off for this show!

Well, cricketeen, the "sulfur" can or can not be a big clue or just a big detail. Navid mentioned to Jack that the bunker is probably heated by a 'geothermal heat pump.'

Here's the basics of that: Iceland and Greenland and many other islands in volcanically active areas, have naturally occuring "hot springs." A geothermal area is where warm water ascends through cracks in the earth’s volcanic crust. Cold rainwater flows into the rock’s porous surface and is heated in the magma chamber where it ascends to the surface. As it gets hotter, it produces jets, sprays, and bubbling natural spas. In the Hveragerdi area, hot springs do occasionally bubble up in people’s living rooms as the activity under the crust of the earth is constantly on the move and ready to explode at any time. Many times, these hot springs will have a high sulfur content to the water.

The geothermal heat is used as a form of natural energy, heating houses, and even in pre-electric power generation times the springs were used for cooking a special bread baked in steam boxes called “rugbraud” or hot spring bread, which is still baked in the region. Unique fauna are seen in the area like hot spring flies and spiders and thermophiles - heat loving bacteria.

OK, I'm reaching here... In order to prevent an 'explosion', would it be possible to release the pressure via a well-timed mechanical device? Old Faithful erupts at regular intervals.
    Too far fetched?

Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    The "change" theme was obvious throughout the episode, and I understood Hurley's feelings AFTER all the bad things which happened SINCE his winning and cashing in the lotto ticket. But BEFORE he cashed it in, during the flashbacks, why would he fear any sort of change from his life of being berated at home and at work?

I see a Sawyer/Ana Lucia connection. She smiled at him when he said he'd kill her. Bad girl likes the bad boy. Even if she can beat him up.

I'm also thinking there might be sparks between Mr. Echo and the dog, but I could be wrong.
    He may have been in that mental hospital because of depression.
    People who struggle with mental illness often fear change. The events after the lottery win may have cemented that fear .
    I won't spoiler this because it has already been posted that Libby is either a psychiatrist or psychologist.
    I won't be surprised if she fits into his or Locke's past. Perhaps she worked at the same mental hospital Hurley and Locke's mother were in.

Definite Sawyer/AL thing going on. He likes it rough.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 10-13-2005 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Because I'm terrible at clarity

+ Reply to Thread